The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pete_91
Campbell, Sanchez, Walcott (possibly podolski if he hasn't been sold)

that will be what Wenger says when he's asked about fit strikers...

You'd have the same problem you had v. Everton though. Puny forwards with no physical presence.
Original post by Yawn-er
You'd have the same problem you had v. Everton though. Puny forwards with no physical presence.

I don't disagree with you, just telling you what Wenger's excuse will be.
It's obvious who we need to bring in to solve our striker issues we should go all out for Bendtner as for cb we should buy silvestre would easily be our starting cb for years!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5743
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1409009112.275684.jpg

That is disgusting. Look at the defence?

We're two injuries away from using flamini in defence :/
Original post by jam278
Honestly you guys are in trouble. You have no striker, Arteta, Ramsey out against a crunch tie vs Besiktas. Also your CBs aren't fully fit. I'm not sure if you can get past Besiktas tomorrow tbh.

Wilshere and Flamini sitting deep, Chamberlain and Cazorla out wide and Ozil tucked in behind Sanchez leading the line.

Might seem makeshift but that is easily enough to see off Besiktas in a home tie.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5745
Original post by Mr Pink
Wilshere and Flamini sitting deep, Chamberlain and Cazorla out wide and Ozil tucked in behind Sanchez leading the line.

Might seem makeshift but that is easily enough to see off Besiktas in a home tie.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If we're holding on to a 1-0 lead however, and Ba blasts one from 30 yards out and it goes in because szczesney slips.. Then, well - we're pissed.

And knowing our luck, it may well happen :frown:

Though, we're experts at seeing these ties off & making it to the CL so shouldn't be a problem.. I hope
Original post by SHOO
If we're holding on to a 1-0 lead however, and Ba blasts one from 30 yards out and it goes in because szczesney slips.. Then, well - we're pissed.

And knowing our luck, it may well happen :frown:

Though, we're experts at seeing these ties off & making it to the CL so shouldn't be a problem.. I hope

If Mertesacker and Koscielny start Ba will be nullified for most of the game.

Can honestly see Ozil destoying it with Sanchez tomorrow.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
Watch us recall Afobe. Maddest of madtings Arsene, got to do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Afobe seems to get loaned to at least 2 teams per season and never does anything. Off the top of my head he's been to Reading, Yeovil, Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday and some other London club (Charlton?) and barely managed to score a goal.

Is there a specific reason he's still on the books at Arsenal?
Reply 5748
Original post by Mr Pink
If Mertesacker and Koscielny start Ba will be nullified for most of the game.

Can honestly see Ozil destoying it with Sanchez tomorrow.
Posted from TSR Mobile

The games on Wednesday by the way - unless you say tomorrow because its 00:47

But yeah, I honestly think tomorrow's game will have a huge say in what we do in the final few days of the transfer window. I think Wenger is in for a big name, AND a striker. We've pretty much lost all of our strikers lol - it'll be suicide not to spend on one now
If giroud is out for 3 months I really wonder who we will sign if any signing at all. Eto would be a good stop gap for a year and is a veteran i wouldn't be opposed to getting klose on loan. Do you think wenger will now change his mind ? Can we really rely on sanogo and Campbell wih the former being able to manage a few games and them succumbing to injury.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5750
Original post by Numan786
If giroud is out for 3 months I really wonder who we will sign if any signing at all. Eto would be a good stop gap for a year and is a veteran i wouldn't be opposed to getting klose on loan. Do you think wenger will now change his mind ? Can we really rely on sanogo and Campbell wih the former being able to manage a few games and them succumbing to injury.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No way. Sanogo is so injury prone, I swear he was out for a huge chunk of last season?

Wenger really needs to do somethig, it'll be so stupid if he doesn't. I got a feeling we'll spend another £60-70m (CB + CDM or ST.. Or maybe both)

The CL qualification will have a huge say.

I swear we'll get funding via it too?
Reply 5751
Original post by SHOO
No way. Sanogo is so injury prone, I swear he was out for a huge chunk of last season?

Wenger really needs to do somethig, it'll be so stupid if he doesn't. I got a feeling we'll spend another £60-70m (CB + CDM or ST.. Or maybe both)

30m for qualifying
Reply 5752
Original post by AR_95
30m for qualifying

We have absolutely no excuse not to go ballsout in the market. The qualification can fund for a "big name" player alone, then AW will just need to add £30m or so to that to get two hidden gems.

That's what we need, we need a big player (either in the CDM or ST position) and two hidden gems, a CB and whichever out of CDM or ST is left vacant)

Won't happen, I can almost guarantee it.

But my lord if it does :rolleyes:
Original post by SHOO

Sanogo should not even be an option, could you imagine City or Chelsea having that fool in their teams?! Never, needs a loan, could be the dark side of the moon for all I care! He's lucky he's even here.

He wasn't actually injured last year for as long as the records say. He was sent on a 6 month muscle training/building programme by Arsene because he didn't realise he was that weak!

Wenger needed to do something all summer but didn't, last year he was desperate for a ST as well all saw, and this year he's almost neglected it. We have to spend another £60-£70m otherwise we are screwed.

All the ITKs are suggesting our next moves in the transfer market depend on CL qualification, whether that be having CL to attract better players or losing £30m from the transfer kitty to cover the lose of CL funds.

Not sure if Winston Reid has signed his new deal with West Ham yet, I'd say get him. The Carvalho links have heated up, Ryo and Coquelin going the other way possibly...I will buy their plane tickets for them, just go. As for a ST, we'll get a stop gap and when Giroud's back we'll all be bemoaning the fact that he's our best ST.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5754
Sanogo should not even be an option, could you imagine City or Chelsea having that fool in their teams?! Never, needs a loan, could be the dark side of the moon for all I care! He's lucky he's even here.

He wasn't actually injured last year for as long as the records say. He was sent on a 6 month muscle training/building programme by Arsene because he didn't realise he was that weak!

Wenger needed to do something all summer but didn't, last year he was desperate for a ST as well all saw, and this year he's almost neglected it. We have to spend another £60-£70m otherwise we are screwed.

All the ITKs are suggesting our next moves in the transfer market depend on CL qualification, whether that be having CL to attract better players or losing £30m from the transfer kitty to cover the lose of CL funds.

Not sure if Winston Reid has signed his new deal with West Ham yet, I'd say get him. The Carvalho links have heated up, Ryo and Coquelin going the other way possibly...I will buy their plane tickets for them, just go. As for a ST, we'll get a stop gap and when Giroud's back we'll all be bemoaning the fact that he's our best ST.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its so peak for us right now its unreal. If we lose that game on Wednesday we're basically ****ed because we'll be £30m short and we wont have CL to attract players (not that I think we really need it to attract players).

Also, I was wondering why the hell we even have Coquelin. He's what, 22? 23? If he was to make he would have by now. With all due respect to him, he's wasting his career here. He wont get game time and he certainly isn't living up to his potential. I was never really a fan of him anyway.. =\

Carvalho is a really good shout but tbh Peggles, we wont get him. Whenever we're rumoured to be linked to someone for ages, we never sign them. We end up signing someone we were never linked with. Wenger has his own plans and will never listen to these rumours.. even if they are put out there simply to sell the player.

I think all the signings we make this year will be unexpected. In the second half of last season we were all assuming we're linked to Pedro, or Di Maria.. and who do we get? Sanchez. Last year we were linked with Draxler and who did we get? Ozil. We thought we'd get Aurier and who did we end up with? Debuchy lol.. list goes on & on. Unlike other teams, the rumours associated with us.. 90% of the time won't happen.

Giroud is out for 3 months or so, Sanogo is Sanogo and apparently Podolski is on his way out. We're short of strikers, the number 9 shirt will be vacant.. we'll have £30m more to spend after Wednesday hopefully.. it only makes sense that we buy a striker!!

If we don't the Sun paper will be something like this -
Page 1: "Arsenal set to fight for 4th"
Page 2 & 3: "Lucio posing"
Page 4 & 5: "Young Arsenal fan commits suicide and burns his house whilst doing so"

:frown:
Original post by SHOO
Its so peak for us right now its unreal. If we lose that game on Wednesday we're basically ****ed because we'll be £30m short and we wont have CL to attract players (not that I think we really need it to attract players).

Also, I was wondering why the hell we even have Coquelin. He's what, 22? 23? If he was to make he would have by now. With all due respect to him, he's wasting his career here. He wont get game time and he certainly isn't living up to his potential. I was never really a fan of him anyway.. =\

Carvalho is a really good shout but tbh Peggles, we wont get him. Whenever we're rumoured to be linked to someone for ages, we never sign them. We end up signing someone we were never linked with. Wenger has his own plans and will never listen to these rumours.. even if they are put out there simply to sell the player.

I think all the signings we make this year will be unexpected. In the second half of last season we were all assuming we're linked to Pedro, or Di Maria.. and who do we get? Sanchez. Last year we were linked with Draxler and who did we get? Ozil. We thought we'd get Aurier and who did we end up with? Debuchy lol.. list goes on & on. Unlike other teams, the rumours associated with us.. 90% of the time won't happen.

Giroud is out for 3 months or so, Sanogo is Sanogo and apparently Podolski is on his way out. We're short of strikers, the number 9 shirt will be vacant.. we'll have £30m more to spend after Wednesday hopefully.. it only makes sense that we buy a striker!!

If we don't the Sun paper will be something like this -
Page 1: "Arsenal set to fight for 4th"
Page 2 & 3: "Lucio posing"
Page 4 & 5: "Young Arsenal fan commits suicide and burns his house whilst doing so"

:frown:

Could be said that Wednesday is more important than the Hull game. Score draw and we are out, I did say Besiktas were not some tin pot team made up of kebab shop owners. For some players CL football is a factor, for others it's not. If you throw enough £££ at them, they will move.

Coquelin is dead, headless chicken and only the Lord knows why he is still here. 23 and old man Mikey is a better option than him, and that's saying something.

Miyachi along with Park was bought to sell shirts in the Far East, I am certain. Park came on against United in 2011/12 remember? When the club knew the viewership would be high. Ryo can move along with the Coq.

Weren't there reports we put in an offer for Willy a few weeks ago? No harm in having another go, just add those two to hopefully sweeten the deal.

Arsene doesn't like conventional. Rather than signing the option that is staring him in the face, he'd rather sign a 17 year old from Cambodia.

Not massively fussed by Lukas going, he'll enjoy Italy because like him, no one runs. He can trot though games at his own pace.

Lol, in the words of Stormzy "it's not that deep" Wouldn't be surprised if we heard some more horror stories like that. Have been a few done the years sadly, it's never that deep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
If Giroud rumours are true, kinda funny as only an Arsenal player can break his foot from the ball hitting it.

And we're in massive trouble unless we get a striker in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5757
Could be said that Wednesday is more important than the Hull game. Score draw and we are out, I did say Besiktas were not some tin pot team made up of kebab shop owners. For some players CL football is a factor, for others it's not. If you throw enough £££ at them, they will move.

Coquelin is dead, headless chicken and only the Lord knows why he is still here. 23 and old man Mikey is a better option than him, and that's saying something.

Miyachi along with Park was bought to sell shirts in the Far East, I am certain. Park came on against United in 2011/12 remember? When the club knew the viewership would be high. Ryo can move along with the Coq.

Weren't there reports we put in an offer for Willy a few weeks ago? No harm in having another go, just add those two to hopefully sweeten the deal.

Arsene doesn't like conventional. Rather than signing the option that is staring him in the face, he'd rather sign a 17 year old from Cambodia.

Not massively fussed by Lukas going, he'll enjoy Italy because like him, no one runs. He can trot though games at his own pace.

Lol, in the words of Stormzy "it's not that deep" Wouldn't be surprised if we heard some more horror stories like that. Have been a few done the years sadly, it's never that deep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh most definitely. Our whole season depends on Wednesday. I just hope that if Wednesday is unfortunate for us then Wenger doesn't hold back in the market :frown:

How old is Ryo? I'd say keep him for maybe a season or two and see how he develops, and then either let him go or try and merge him onto our bench.

Yeah, but it'll be so so peak if we don't get a signing in if he does leave.. I mean who will we be left with? Wenger must have something planned - doesn't make sense if he doesn't.

Every frigging summer it comes down to nerve wracking last few days. Ever. Frigging. Summer

Edit: The bit in bold - I've never seen it like that.. Well not until you mentioned it. I'd assume we had enough support on them ends as it is. I remember that game we were ridiculously short of players in almost every department haha
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5758
Original post by Webster2002
If Giroud rumours are true, kinda funny as only an Arsenal player can break his foot from the ball hitting it.
And we're in massive trouble unless we get a striker in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:
Giroud loves the Arsenal so much that he got himself injured so that we can get in a better striker before transfer deadline day. A true Arsenal man.

Latest