The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zara2014
Calm down! No need to get personal. People like me, I have never commented on anyone's video.These two are probably the only good ones that come to mind.Yasmin Mogahed and amenankin cannot be compared. One actually does dawah and the other posts useless videos.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG zara just leave it man.
Have some decency to respect others choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JuliusSeizure
From what I've seen those two are the only decent hijabi youtubers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Incorrect. There are lots of really great female Muslim YouTubers but they aren't as popular as the "fashionista" ones so people don't really know that they exist. Personally I prefer these to the more popular YouTubers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
Bipolar or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

.. lel cray cray

Posted from TSR Mobile
Calm down! No need to get personal. People like me, I have never commented on anyone's video.These two are probably the only good ones that come to mind.Yasmin Mogahed and amenankin cannot be compared. One actually does dawah and the other posts useless videos.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should check out Amenakin's youtube videos

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Secretnerd123
So they all do that do they? I agree there are a few who endorse the 'camel hump' style but its not many. There are amazing hijabi youtubers out there like amenakin or yasmin mogahed (amazing speaker) for instance, who aim to inspire other girls and make them love the deen but they still get comments from people like you telling them to delete their account because a muslim girl shouldn't show her face to the planet apparently

Walahi I can't agree with you more. Girls with hijabs get policed by everyone under the sun. People be jumping out of bushes to tell you that your hijab/clothes aren't appropriate for a hijabi. I've noticed this one too many times. One Friday at the Mosque I saw this man telling off this young girl that her hijab pin was 'too sparkly and haram'...

I used videos as examples but i know you get the point.

Her videos are not useless. They're very beneficial mashaAllah and I've learnt a lot from watching her videos over the years. She gives great iman-boosting advice so give her a chance instead of being rude.

Rude? I'm entitled to my opinion, just because you like doesn't mean I have to like her. Good for you that you find her videos beneficial, but I don't gain anything from her rather than makeup tips😏

Posted from TSR Mobile
From what I've seen those two are the only decent hijabi youtubers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Check out yazthespaz, theSewist, emoshBoutique, shamsombrunette, lifelongpercussions, fatima ahmed, Fatiha's world, basma kahie, hijabirockz
There are so many more decent ones that i can't remember right now. Open your mind a little :smile:
Original post by SophiaLDN
Walahi I can't agree with you more. Girls with hijabs get policed by everyone under the sun. People be jumping out of bushes to tell you that your hijab/clothes aren't appropriate for a hijabi. I've noticed this one too many times. One Friday at the Mosque I saw this man telling off this young girl that her hijab pin was 'too sparkly and haram'...

Sister, why put up a picture like that on a public forum?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by themorninglight
Incorrect. There are lots of really great female Muslim YouTubers but they aren't as popular as the "fashionista" ones so people don't really know that they exist. Personally I prefer these to the more popular YouTubers

Posted from TSR Mobile

So care to share some of these great YouTubers then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
ggmu?
Why are you on about him?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know...I thought you fancied him :rofl:
Then you said I liked Abdul so yh...

Really? I watch soo many hijabi youtubers and I've seen quite a lot of hateful comments towards them. Most are sugar coated comments that claim to give dawah to them but are slyly insulting them though.

Yeh I've seen those sugar-coated ones actually....who do you watch?

Many muslim girls these days are shamelessly flirting with the opposite gender whether on the internet or in real life. I see your posts a lot on TSR and I evidently see guys flirting with you, but you don't flirt back. You keep it real and don't fool around so I respect you a lot for that.. Keep stayin strong to your faith hun :yy::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahha I'm actually really crazy myself..got to improve myself a wholeeee lot! InshaaA we all become better than what people think of us :hugs:
Sister, why put up a picture like that on a public forum?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What picture?

Should I photoshop a hijab onto Kanye?
Rude? I'm entitled to my opinion, just because you like doesn't mean I have to like her. Good for you that you find her videos beneficial, but I don't gain anything from her rather than makeup tips😏

Posted from TSR Mobile

You wear makeup? HOW DARE YOU SHOW YOUR FACE TO THE WORLD and cause so much fitna like that?

Stahp it
You wear makeup? HOW DARE YOU SHOW YOUR FACE TO THE WORLD and cause so much fitna like that?

Stahp it

I was being sarcastic🙉 still angry! I must have touched a nerve, oops!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Stahp it

lel she maybe wearing niqab though.

Iqra just leave it man.
I don't want my thread to be cleaned and closed.
Just leave it for the sake of allah ya rab.
Posted from TSR Mobile
What picture?

Your display picture.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ikr its ridiculous!! :angry:

What picture?

Hahahahaha psrom

shes started on you now. Good luck :rofl:
Here come the fitna comments..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,

I don't really know what starting this debate but you have to be fair and admit that the sister (Amenakin) does have some beneficial Islamic content that she posts sometimes. Not a lot, of course because her channel is a beauty channel primarily but her Instagram/other social media accounts are full of Islamic quotes and passages etc.

No one is saying you have to like her but be open-minded and try to make excuses for her iA :smile:
Original post by missfats
lel she maybe wearing niqab though.

Iqra just leave it man.
I don't want my thread to be cleaned and closed.
Just leave it for the sake of allah ya rab.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I was being sarcastic🙉

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao i was being sarcastic! I was trying to show her how ridiculous her fitna comments look

I wear makeup myself. I guess my sarcasm isn't so obvious on tsr :frown:

Hahahahaha psrom

But I thought you told me to have a talk with non hijabis as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your display picture.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahahaha psrom

Naah can she go back to you pls :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Quick Reply