The Student Room Group

Are there any degrees linked with property offered by unis?

I'm really interested in going into property as a career but I don't know what sort of degrees are offered if there are any and if they will be of any use to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
When you say 'property as a career' do you mean designing them, building them, managing them, selling them, or what?

Suggest you check out appropriate job ads (http://www.indeed.co.uk/) for entry level positions and see what qualifications and/or prior experience they are asking for.
Reply 2
Original post by returnmigrant
When you say 'property as a career' do you mean designing them, building them, managing them, selling them, or what?

Suggest you check out appropriate job ads (http://www.indeed.co.uk/) for entry level positions and see what qualifications and/or prior experience they are asking for.

I mean like building, managing and selling them

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are you going to use for start-up capital?
No bank will give an 18 year old with no income a loan.
Reply 4
Original post by returnmigrant
What are you going to use for start-up capital?
No bank will give an 18 year old with no income a loan.

I'm not looking to go into right away as I said above I want to go to uni first and wanted to know if a degree would help me in it

Posted from TSR Mobile
There isnt a 'how to become a property develop degree'. You start small and get bigger. The best thing you could do as a starting point is understand how houses are built and sold - ie. something like an apprenticeship in bricklaying, or an entry level job in an Estate Agents.
UCL offers degrees in Planning and Real Estate, Project Management for Construction, and Urban Studies. Is that what you mean?
I'm off to do Town and Regional Planning in September - Is that what you mean? Property can be anything; bricklaying, construction, estate management, civil engineering, surveying, urban studies, town planning, architecture... If you want become a self-made property person (don't know the term) and are sure a degree is the only way, what about something like business management?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending