The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Am praying I will get to see a doctor on my team today. Six solid days of 24/7 observation so far and it isn't getting any easier. Not a single nights decent sleep and its horrible going to the toilet with someone looking right at you.

Am also half hoping to get discharged but I know they don't work like that. If they take me off this level of observation, they will make it sound like they are doing me a favour and it will be at least a week before I see a doctor again to beg to be released.

Unfortunately I have been kicked out of my hostel and they know that here and it is another thing they will use to needlessly keep me captive here. It is all so pointless, I have told them that as soon as I am out I am moving back to manchester so I will be out of the mh system again and I am not going to stay around here just to stay in a mh system that really hasn't helped at all.
Reply 1261
Original post by tasha96
I DID IT!!!!!! :biggrin: :woo: :party: :jive:

I survived my first day at college and people actually spoke to me through choice and it was brilliant AND I MADE FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nutcase: :gasp: :ahee: :awesome:

:woo:
Reply 1262
Original post by purple-duck
Sorted out stuff today! :redface:

Booked train tickets just now, and getting a lift up with friends once I reach them. Half-packed this evening, and also tidied room a fair bit (well, a fair bit for me) and cleared out pet cage/hoovered and stuff :smile:

Also spent some more time with Aunt/Cousin today than I would probably normally choose to? But was quite nice in the end I guess :smile: Though :s-smilie: going to a restaurant - chose margerita again so was fine :redface: Always feel silly choosing it because what I'd really want is this nice tasty sounding burger that they had on the menu :unimpressed: But oh well :s-smilie: :dontknow:

Still really quite scared about what meeting friends will be like/staying with them for 4 days/all in 1 (big) tent, but I guess I'll just see how it goes.
One of the people going is super friendly and empathic - I mean the others are also friendly and (for the most part) quite empathic, but she's always just been extra nice - and is also quite quiet/more subdued like me (for the most part :colondollar:)

ALSO - Just to say in advance apologies for rubbish replying :colondollar: I'm not at all sure what I'm going to do about charging devices actually, but I guess I'll just see how it goes! :eek: Hope that someone has a car charger :tongue:

I hope you have fun :hugs:!
Reply 1263
I just sent an email asking if it is possible to defer my postgraduate... :afraid:.
Original post by luno
I just sent an email asking if it is possible to defer my postgraduate... :afraid:.

:hugs: Well done, I hope they say yes so you have more options.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Blah, I feel so lonely. I keep feeling this way and I dunno how to make it stop. Kinda wish I had a best friend who's a lot like me, whom I could rely on for anything and always do things I enjoy with, so I wouldn't have to keep doing things alone. But I'm 22, probably too old to find anyone like that now. I do have a boyfriend, but it's not the same; we're in love but we're so different from each other. The long distance probably doesn't help much either. Meh, I dunno, I'll keep trying with this solitude thing, but it's hard sometimes.

*hugs* It's really tough when you feel li8ke you've not got someone around. Are there any clubs or anything you would consider joining as a way to meet some new friends? Long distance relationships are really hard to keep going so kudos to you for that one!

Original post by Jay84
Am praying I will get to see a doctor on my team today. Six solid days of 24/7 observation so far and it isn't getting any easier. Not a single nights decent sleep and its horrible going to the toilet with someone looking right at you.

Am also half hoping to get discharged but I know they don't work like that. If they take me off this level of observation, they will make it sound like they are doing me a favour and it will be at least a week before I see a doctor again to beg to be released.

Unfortunately I have been kicked out of my hostel and they know that here and it is another thing they will use to needlessly keep me captive here. It is all so pointless, I have told them that as soon as I am out I am moving back to manchester so I will be out of the mh system again and I am not going to stay around here just to stay in a mh system that really hasn't helped at all.

24/7 obs is really horrible, are they giving you any meds to help you sleep? If you're sleeping badly that's really not going to help things. Try and stay strong, I know hospital is really tough but if you just focus on getting your point across in what you want out of it in ward rounds I'm sure you'll get what you want sooner or later :smile:
college gave me a new interview :woo:

early morning one though so will either have to get a very early bus or crash at my mums to get a lift from her for it.

but anyway, means I can still potentially go which is good

gotta make phone calls today as well but other than that can chill

hope everyone is okay? :smile: lots of hugs for those in need of some! :hugs:
this is ****ing sickening. **** this. **** this :bawling:
Today is the worst, i want to just hide in my bed all day and not talk to anyone. I find out today if I get a dog or not so this could either make my day miles better or just ruin it even more.

SO yeah, how is everyone else?
Original post by ScaryScience
this is ****ing sickening. **** this. **** this :bawling:

What's up? :console:

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
college gave me a new interview :woo:

early morning one though so will either have to get a very early bus or crash at my mums to get a lift from her for it.

but anyway, means I can still potentially go which is good

gotta make phone calls today as well but other than that can chill

hope everyone is okay? :smile: lots of hugs for those in need of some! :hugs:

Congrats! What do you want to study? :smile:

Original post by SweetNothing
Today is the worst, i want to just hide in my bed all day and not talk to anyone. I find out today if I get a dog or not so this could either make my day miles better or just ruin it even more.

SO yeah, how is everyone else?

Can you distract yourself? Some tv or a book? Aww I hope you get your dog :smile:

------------

Spoiler

Reading a book is good if you don't fancy talking to people or just start slowly doing activities for example I like to chat on forums or listen to music if it helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubble999
What's up? :console:

Congrats! What do you want to study? :smile:

Can you distract yourself? Some tv or a book? Aww I hope you get your dog :smile:

------------

Spoiler

Original post by iloveteddy14
Reading a book is good if you don't fancy talking to people or just start slowly doing activities for example I like to chat on forums or listen to music if it helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think i'm going to start reading Harry Potter again, idk i just feel empty and bleh!
Original post by Odd socks
I'm on the last episode and it's been good

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah thats true, i forgot about that part! I don't remember it triggering me much because I'm generally not easily triggered! Glad you enjoyed it though, i need to re watch it :smile:
Original post by purple-duck
Haha, indeed :colone:
:eek: Not even as a kid?! I'm saddened to admit I don't think I'm the greatest fan of sand now - mostly just skim stones whenever I beach - I think it's just too tiring making a sandcastle :colondollar: Lazy and pathetic as that sounds :tongue:
That's fair enough though :yep: :redface: Particularly when it goes and gives you blisters :unimpressed: (presumably partly down to sand? :dontknow:)

Haha, same :redface: Glad it's out the way.

:frown: Very suck-y :s-smilie: Woo :grouphugs: You definitely deserve help though :yes: :hugs:

Spoiler

hahah yeah even as a kid i sat on a towel or a sun lounger or something, sand gets everywhere haha

Spoiler

i don't actually go on the beach, i walk on the concrete bit above the sand haha! I haven't made a sandcastle in years :redface: cos whenever we go on holiday abroad, we sit by the pool rather than go to the beach! I'm not going abroad this year though (thank god)!
i swear i have the most blisterable (i know thats not a word haha) feet ever, ALWAYS have like five -.- i know i probably should get help but part of me wants to think i can do it alone (I'm really stubborn and proud like that, i NEVER ask for help for anything)
I know that deep empty feeling as I feel like that most days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not really important but my makeup is on point today which is making me feel slightly less hideous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
It's not really important but my makeup is on point today which is making me feel slightly less hideous

Posted from TSR Mobile

I LOVE good makeup days. When you look ****ing boss :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
I LOVE good makeup days. When you look ****ing boss :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1409059481.641939.jpg

Look look look I love this lipstick :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1278
Original post by lauraaaaa
hahah yeah even as a kid i sat on a towel or a sun lounger or something, sand gets everywhere haha

Spoiler

i don't actually go on the beach, i walk on the concrete bit above the sand haha! I haven't made a sandcastle in years :redface: cos whenever we go on holiday abroad, we sit by the pool rather than go to the beach! I'm not going abroad this year though (thank god)!
i swear i have the most blisterable (i know thats not a word haha) feet ever, ALWAYS have like five -.- i know i probably should get help but part of me wants to think i can do it alone (I'm really stubborn and proud like that, i NEVER ask for help for anything)

:lol:
Original post by samba
:lol:

hey kid,
Im not familiar with yeh however all the same I think its best youre told when people are staying stuff behind your back.
theres a rumour going around about you and Charlotte.
thats all Il say.
best to sort it out between yeerselves if yee can.

Latest