The Student Room Group

#Ferguson

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Independentisha
Silly you know. LOOOOOL

Yes they do mate, why is Brown dead? The officer had NO knowledge of the so called 'armed robbery', eye witnesses say he had his hands up saying 'don't shoot'. As far as i'm concerned that's 'anybody'.

And who the hell has been saved by a gun? That still means a loss of life, the easy way out. They're dangerous and your police enforcement do not know how to use em, too many innocents have been killed compared to the amount who have been saved.

Get rid of em.

Yes, silly.

Tell me, are these "witnesses" reliable sources? Have you seen where the gun shots were, they were mainly along the left side of the victim, which certainly doesn't look like he was simply killed for the sake of it. However, I don't know all of the facts of the matter and shall wait until the official report is released before I say that the officer was in the right or the wrong, whilst people like you have no patience and suddenly become experts.

Your statements have no evidence, Chicago has some of the strictest laws in the nation and as a result, murder rates are increasing, you need to do some research.
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
If you have to fall back on the fact that something is 'enshrined', you've got a pretty weak argument. There are lot of things in society that have been enshrined in the past that we have left behind as civilized society has progressed.

No, as this is a core aspect of America and allows the people to be safe (well, safer) from tyranny.

If the UK government suddenly went rogue and had a reasonable size of the army under its control it could reign terror upon the people, as the civilians are unarmed, that is not the case in the USA.

By the way, I take it you believe in collective punishment then.
Reply 22
Original post by Yi-Ge-Ningderen
No, as this is a core aspect of America and allows the people to be safe (well, safer) from tyranny.

If the UK government suddenly went rogue and had a reasonable size of the army under its control it could reign terror upon the people, as the civilians are unarmed, that is not the case in the USA.

Because guns really help out the American people fight against the NSA spying on everything, false imprisonment under anti-terror laws, and institutionalised murder on Death Row. That's why none of these things exist any more. Hooray for anti-tyranny!

I'd rather have less death now, rather than prepare for some hypothetical Orwellian future that probably won't happen. Do you really think a load of untrained civilians with guns would be much use against something as well equipped as the army anyway?

And where in my post did I say anything relating to collective punishment?
I'd rather have less death now, rather than prepare for some hypothetical Orwellian future that probably won't happen. Do you really think a load of untrained civilians with guns would be much use against something as well equipped as the army anyway?

"A bunch", I wouldn't call 300 million civilians as merely "a bunch".

What you are saying is that as some people use firearms for illegal purposes, that law abiding citizens cannot have them.
"A bunch", I wouldn't call 300 million civilians as merely "a bunch".

What you are saying is that as some people use firearms for illegal purposes, that law abiding citizens cannot have them.

For one thing, I didn't say "a bunch" anywhere in my post so I don't know why you've put it in quotation marks.

Also, there are far from 300 million gun owners in the US, the actual figure is more like a quarter of that. Anyway, there's little point in arguing what would happen if the US and UK governments suddenly started attacking their own people, maybe the US would come out of it better off but it's impossible to tell. Planning for such hypothetical futures carries with it the danger of it becoming a self fulfilling prophecy.

As for your last point, what I am saying is that firearms are designed for one purpose; to cause as much damage as quickly and easily as possible to another living thing. Personally, I can't think of any good reason why a "law abiding" citizen would even want to own such a thing. I, for one, certainly don't feel punished because I'm not allowed to
For one thing, I didn't say "a bunch" anywhere in my post so I don't know why you've put it in quotation marks.

Also, there are far from 300 million gun owners in the US, the actual figure is more like a quarter of that. Anyway, there's little point in arguing what would happen if the US and UK governments suddenly started attacking their own people, maybe the US would come out of it better off but it's impossible to tell. Planning for such hypothetical futures carries with it the danger of it becoming a self fulfilling prophecy.

As for your last point, what I am saying is that firearms are designed for one purpose; to cause as much damage as quickly and easily as possible to another living thing. Personally, I can't think of any good reason why a "law abiding" citizen would even want to own such a thing. I, for one, certainly don't feel punished because I'm not allowed to

Ok, so as long as you personally don't feel punished, that is ok then. How self-centred.
Ok, so as long as you personally don't feel punished, that is ok then. How self-centred.

What I meant was I don't see why anyone would.

I value limiting people's access to something designed purely to kill more than I do someone's vague complaint that they feel 'punished' by it.
Reply 28

It is happening in front of our very eyes tho.
Black people are scary best thing to do is to give black people makeup to make them look paler and less intimidating to police.
Original post by Eric.T.Cartman
Black people are scary best thing to do is to give black people makeup to make them look paler and less intimidating to police.

Wait... What?

Are you being serious?
Reply 31
Original post by Eric.T.Cartman

What?
Please tell me you're joking. And even if you are joking don't do it on threads like this. This is very serious topic and Someone is dead.
Sounds to me it's just the media making a story out of nothing. They're not what I'd call race riots but anti-police riots. Yeah it's to do with race but it's not like they're yelling kill whitey.
Brother Nathanael think's the Zionist media are trying to incite more racial violence do you think he's right? With Trayvon Martin it was far worse they were race baiting from the get go. To start of Zimmerman technically wasn't even white, the media even lightened up his photo to make him appear whiter to the black audience. They made up rubbish like Zimmerman called him a Coon.
3EB6aBir4GA
Reply 34
BILL WHITTLE: FERGUSON AND THE REAL RACE WAR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGTUcS-yQtQ
(edited 9 years ago)
The whole concept of a black community is bizarre.
Reply 36
please go through history to see how many times a white cop has murdered a black person and the way he got off so easily to see that there is a problem of racism in the US.

That cop was not doing his job, he murdered an armless guy.
Reply 37
Original post by tengentoppa
The whole concept of a black community is bizarre.

Elaborate??? O.o
Original post by saalih
please go through history to see how many times a white cop has murdered a black person and the way he got off so easily to see that there is a problem of racism in the US.

That cop was not doing his job, he murdered an armless guy.

I'm pretty sure he had arms.

Original post by Truths
Take out evil and innocent and your narrative is spot on.

Capital punishment is not a liberal value. And most people against the officer are against him because what he done was an execution. Which liberals are against.

What false information? Let it rip, because actually it is the other way round. There have been lies that even made it to cnn that Wilson had a broken eye socket.

The 'witness' reports that said he was running away and that the cop shot him in the back, while the coroners' reports have shown all the shots were to his front.

Not lies, but the way the media tried to twist the story by the wording they used. They described Michael brown as an unarmed black teen, and made it sound like a murderous policeman brutally murdered a defenceless boy, when it turned out Michael was a 6'4" 292 lbs 18 year old man who had just robbed some poor man's shop and assaulted the owner. 99% of people wouldn't stand a chance in a fight against someone that size, and that makes the officer's version of events more plausible - that he feared for his life when a giant of a man charged at him and supposedly went for his gun.

I don't know if the shooting was completely justified but so far the 'witnesses'' (who in all likelyhood hate the police and knew Michael Brown - one of them was even his accomplice in the robbery) statements don't match the coroners' reports whereas the policeman's version of events does.
This is already full of questionable statements :/

Quick Reply

Latest