The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adzie
Its ok. I did the Higher Tier paper

Oh, wait... I might be wrong here... When you say 5 marks, you mean raw marks, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 301
Original post by Sarah Bethany
Oh, wait... I might be wrong here... When you say 5 marks, you mean raw marks, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah (UMS)
Original post by Adzie
yeah (UMS)

If you're 5 UMS away from the C then that's just 1/2 marks, but there are only 5 marks between a C and a D so you might risk going down :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 303
If you're 5 UMS away from the C then that's just 1/2 marks, but there are only 5 marks between a C and a D so you might risk going down :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh my gosh. :frown:
Reply 305

So is there no chance i would get a C?
Original post by Adzie
So is there no chance i would get a C?

There is definitely a chance you could get a C! Your mark is likely to change, but your mark could go up or down...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 307
There is definitely a chance you could get a C! Your mark is likely to change, but your mark could go up or down...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok. I guess applying for a remark is my only option then.
Thank you for your help Sarah. :rolleyes:
Original post by tanyapotter
do you guys know if remark examiners are aware of a paper's original marking and if it influences their own marking, or if they're given an unmarked copy of the paper and pay no attention to the original mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on the exam board. I know aqa and wjec will, but not edexcel. Not sure about ocr

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Turbo1
yeah

I'm in the same position as you. From units 1-4 I got 100,100,88,70 so I was 2 ums of a*.
I'm probably going to get decision making remarked, since that was my lowest and it has mostly extended response questions.
You may want to consider that too but only if you think it will go up by 2 raw marks (3ums).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fudgeboy989
I'm in the same position as you. From units 1-4 I got 100,100,88,70 so I was 2 ums of a*.
I'm probably going to get decision making remarked, since that was my lowest and it has mostly extended response questions.
You may want to consider that too but only if you think it will go up by 2 raw marks (3ums).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha! Someone like me well i'm going to ask my teacher and see what they think. It's difficult situation but maybe the unit 3 was strictly marked. I've never really been great at it but i thought the exam went well so...
Let me know what you do!
I am 1 ums off a* overall in wjec eng language
should i get a remark?
is wjec known to give another mark?
thanks!
any help would be appreciated!
Original post by Adzie
Oh ok. I guess applying for a remark is my only option then.
Thank you for your help Sarah. :rolleyes:

No problem :smile: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Turbo1
Aha! Someone like me well i'm going to ask my teacher and see what they think. It's difficult situation but maybe the unit 3 was strictly marked. I've never really been great at it but i thought the exam went well so...
Let me know what you do!

I'll probably get a remark regardless as it's 1 raw mark, but I'll talk to my teacher too. I got a mid A in my mock and I thought this one went better and I barely struck a B so....

Posted from TSR Mobile
On my results paper it says I've got an A in maths (Edexcel 1MA0H) but it doesn't tell me the mark? My maths exams aren't even listed on the paper either! Obviously I'm ecstatic with an A grade but I would like to know if I was really close to an A* and if so maybe consider a remark. Is there anything I can do?
Original post by alexharper
On my results paper it says I've got an A in maths (Edexcel 1MA0H) but it doesn't tell me the mark? My maths exams aren't even listed on the paper either! Obviously I'm ecstatic with an A grade but I would like to know if I was really close to an A* and if so maybe consider a remark. Is there anything I can do?

They don't give you marks for maths on your results paper, but you can ask your teacher who will have your mark :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They don't give you marks for maths on your results paper, but you can ask your teacher who will have your mark :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks :smile: Just my maths teacher or the exams officer?
Okay thanks :smile: Just my maths teacher or the exams officer?

I'm not sure about the exams officer... They might have it as well, but I'm not sure :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure about the exams officer... They might have it as well, but I'm not sure :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just asked a friend and they said they got it from the maths teacher so I'll do that! Thanks anyway :smile:
I just asked a friend and they said they got it from the maths teacher so I'll do that! Thanks anyway :smile:

No problem :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest