The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Any club with a worse injury record than Arsenal?
Original post by shawn_o1

Dortmunds has been pretty shocking at times.
Original post by shawn_o1

Well considering MUFC are two games into the season and the followed have missed one or both through injury:

Evans
Shaw
Rafael
Valencia
Welbeck
RvP
Carrick
Herrera
Smalling
James
Lingard
Fellaini

This safe to say we are the unluckiest ***** around. And people wonder why we've had a poor start looking at that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5763
Original post by SHOO
We have absolutely no excuse not to go ballsout in the market. The qualification can fund for a "big name" player alone, then AW will just need to add £30m or so to that to get two hidden gems.

That's what we need, we need a big player (either in the CDM or ST position) and two hidden gems, a CB and whichever out of CDM or ST is left vacant)

Won't happen, I can almost guarantee it.

But my lord if it does :rolleyes:

Have you not learnt what Wenger is like yet
Reply 5764
The Giroud injury isn't as absurd as it may seem. We already knew he wasn't match fit clearly from the 2 games beforehand. I'm sure Wenger put Giroud on in desperation for the 2-0 defeat even though he was half fit so no surprises that he's injured.

As far as Manolas goes, we may have never even targeted him and it could have been the usual paper gossip. But Roma were just linked with him and have already signed him for 10 million so he's out of question now. Arsene really needs to pick up, which he won't. Don't think the CL game is going to mean we'll get some world star player remotely close the likes of Ozil or Sanchez. If Carvalho was going to happen it would have happened by now so expect a trolley dash....
(edited 9 years ago)
a little bit concerned for arsenal at the moment..

Guess we will just have to see how things go on wednesday, but if we end the transfer window without a new CF and CDM, then I will be very dissapointed in wenger..

That, and then a bad season would be enough to turn me to a wenger-out fan by next may, as it would be clear by then that his message of pushing forward after years of struggling, and finaly a trophy win, was just rubbish.
Original post by fallen_acorns
a little bit concerned for arsenal at the moment..

Guess we will just have to see how things go on wednesday, but if we end the transfer window without a new CF and CDM, then I will be very dissapointed in wenger..

That, and then a bad season would be enough to turn me to a wenger-out fan by next may, as it would be clear by then that his message of pushing forward after years of struggling, and finaly a trophy win, was just rubbish.

We have actually made a decent start to the season (a win tomorrow would make it more so). 4 pts from two games, one of which was Everton away isn't bad. Yet still, you can sense that it will get worse. Our squad looks thin and I don't feel the cohesion and spirit that Wenger talks about. Sometimes I feel Wenger just throws 11 men out there and hopes for the best. After a good start to the window the hope was that Wenger would wrap it all up by the beginning of the season; that hasn't happened but he still has a few days yet to at least buy two or three players. If not, it's gonna be a really draining and ultimately sad season. Again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Webster2002
If Giroud rumours are true, kinda funny as only an Arsenal player can break his foot from the ball hitting it.

And we're in massive trouble unless we get a striker in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

After watching the replay, Distin catches Oli on the follow through after clearing it. **** awful luck though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who plays up top tomorrow? Giroud and Sanogo out. I'd say Campbell with Sanchez on right, Cazorla on left and Ozil in the middle. Wilshere and Flamini in the middle of the park. I wanna see Chamberlain start but I don't think it'll happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5769
Original post by qwerty_mad
Who plays up top tomorrow? Giroud and Sanogo out. I'd say Campbell with Sanchez on right, Cazorla on left and Ozil in the middle. Wilshere and Flamini in the middle of the park. I wanna see Chamberlain start but I don't think it'll happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't want Chambo to start he's been equally as invisible as Cazorla really. He's still quite raw but has delivered nothing where as Cazorla might play in a key pass

Hoping Joel gets a shot up top. I agree with your set up really

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really intrigued what Wenger will do tomorrow more than anything. Massive game, to be without a recognised striker means it's going to make it a lot harder. Maybe Podolski to stay and play there for the time being even though he's not very good in that position?

Also Wenger is stingy enough as it is, is he really going to buy just for the sake of an injury? All you guys need now is an injury to Ramsey and i can't see where your goals are coming from.
Pretty sure he'll play Sanchez up top again.
Reply 5772
Original post by Gob Bluth
I'm really intrigued what Wenger will do tomorrow more than anything. Massive game, to be without a recognised striker means it's going to make it a lot harder. Maybe Podolski to stay and play there for the time being even though he's not very good in that position?

Also Wenger is stingy enough as it is, is he really going to buy just for the sake of an injury? All you guys need now is an injury to Ramsey and i can't see where your goals are coming from.

Ramsey's not allowed to played with a red also arteta injured

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sense Chuba is lacing up his boots...
Original post by sr90
Afobe seems to get loaned to at least 2 teams per season and never does anything. Off the top of my head he's been to Reading, Yeovil, Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday and some other London club (Charlton?) and barely managed to score a goal.

Is there a specific reason he's still on the books at Arsenal?

He's been doing pretty well at MK Dons this season, scored the winner against Wimbledon in the Cap 1 cup and he's got about 3 league goals so far I think
wenger dismisses reports that podolski will leave..

Really worried that this is his answer to the lack of strikers, instead of buying someone new..
typing on TSR, whilst I wait on the phone to talk to my gas company..

But serriously, no one has any positive reason to phone a gas company, so why the hell do they play the most depressing music ever?

I mean ive been waiting 10 minutes, and each song could be the title tune to any oscar-winning tear fest..

Its like they just know, and just want to say

'Yeah bitch.. we know your not going to enjoy this, so we are just going to crush you down even more before you talk to us..'

(back to football)

Edit:

'If I could.. then I would, Il go wherever you will go... way up high, or down low, Il go whereever you will go...'

:bawling:

Edit Edit:

I take it back.. Proper tune came on.. started dancing.. wife walks past room, joins in.. All is good, until the lady answers the phone and I have to stop myself from laughing..

Now to pay my gas bill.

(anyone here who is 18-19 or under.. you suck, just because I am very jealous.. I miss that time, when my biggest weekly expense was food, and cheap alcohol)
(edited 9 years ago)

But serriously, no one has any positive reason to phone a gas company, so why the hell do they play the most depressing music ever?

I mean ive been waiting 10 minutes, and each song could be the title tune to any oscar-winning tear fest..

'Yeah bitch.. we know your not going to enjoy this, so we are just going to crush you down even more before you talk to us..'

(back to football)

Edit:

'If I could.. then I would, Il go wherever you will go... way up high, or down low, Il go whereever you will go...'

Edit Edit:

I take it back.. Proper tune came on.. started dancing.. wife walks past room, joins in.. All is good, until the lady answers the phone and I have to stop myself from laughing..

Now to pay my gas bill.

(anyone here who is 18-19 or under.. you suck, just because I am very jealous.. I miss that time, when my biggest weekly expense was food, and cheap alcohol)

Looool wtf?!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(back to football)

Edit:

Edit Edit:

Now to pay my gas bill.

See what Zurich has started? Smh.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
See what Zurich has started? Smh.

I love zurich's rants.. but dont put me on that level :tongue:

Not intoxicated, just was typing with one hand, whilst very very bored on the phone in a massive cue waiting for an someone to answer..

Latest