The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Biochemistry Queen Mary's 2014 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Enn21
Oh good luck! I live like 50 mins to an hour away by bus so I'm living at home as they said no to halls in my case lool

Oh that's not too bad - I'm about an hour or so away by train (from Kent)...so it's probably unlikely I'll get a place but I'm gonna give it a shot anyway :P

Are you thinking to get the freshers pass? I'm tempted to but not 100% sure if there's enough events I'd go to :P
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by HAnwar
Lol yeah it is, but I'm determined. Thanks, have fun!

Best of luck :biggrin:
Reply 22
Original post by Tappouni
Best of luck :biggrin:

Thanks! You too with uni :smile:
Reply 23
Oh that's not too bad - I'm about an hour or so away by train (from Kent)...so it's probably unlikely I'll get a place but I'm gonna give it a shot anyway :P

Are you thinking to get the freshers pass? I'm tempted to but not 100% sure if there's enough events I'd go to :P

Yeah same!! There's only a few that so far caught my eye but I wanna but the pass too! Hmm I'm not sure 😁
Reply 24
When do we get our timetable?
Original post by Enn21
Yeah same!! There's only a few that so far caught my eye but I wanna but the pass too! Hmm I'm not sure ������

Original post by Enn21
When do we get our timetable? ������

Tempted to get the pass to make it easier really, instead of getting tickets every day :P

I'd guess it'll be sometime in the first week, once we've done the full enrolment?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 26
Tempted to get the pass to make it easier really, instead of getting tickets every day :P

I'd guess it'll be sometime in the first week, once we've done the full enrolment?

Hey have you received your student finance letter yet? Let me know you receive yours please so I know my one is on it's way! 😬
Original post by Enn21
Hey have you received your student finance letter yet? Let me know you receive yours please so I know my one is on it's way! ������

Not yet unfortunately :s-smilie: When I phoned them last week they said 11 working days to process the change from my Firm choice (QM wasn't my firm, kinda glad I'm going to QM now though :tongue:), so I'm gonna be waiting till early September I think :angry: Will let you know when it comes through though :smile:
Reply 28
Hi! My name is Andreia and I can't wait for the semester to start! Have you managed to log on to the student union website to buy tickets for freshers? My username and password aren't recognised :confused:
Original post by deiam
Hi! My name is Andreia and I can't wait for the semester to start! Have you managed to log on to the student union website to buy tickets for freshers? My username and password aren't recognised :confused:

Yeah you've got to make an account as a member of the public :smile:
Hey guys, starting biochemistry this year! Didn't get halls because I live about an hour away by tube but very excited :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DonGreeky
Hey guys, starting biochemistry this year! Didn't get halls because I live about an hour away by tube but very excited :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woo another Biochem :P They seem to be really short on halls space, been trying private ones too and so far I'm waiting on 3 waiting lists :frown: hopefully one of them will come back!

An hour is quite a long tube journey daily surely? Definitely really looking forward to start :P
Reply 32
Original post by DonGreeky

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! But I'm an hour way by bus lol
I'm applying for 2015, I just wanted to know if any of you/ anyone you know got into qmul with BBB or lower? I know their entry requirements are ABB but I don't think I'll be predicted that.. all I want is hope :colondollar: you can private message me if you want
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Meghna96
I'm applying for 2015, I just wanted to know if any of you/ anyone you know got into qmul with BBB or lower? I know their entry requirements are ABB but I don't think I'll be predicted that.. all I want is hope :colondollar: you can private message me if you want

I got let in through clearing with BBC :smile: Had an offer from them originally for ABB, but turned it down thinking London would be too expensive, but I'm starting there now this year...love the place :tongue:

I'm not sure if they'd have still taken me had they been my firm/insurance - might've asked me to reapply through clearing - but worked out fine in the end :smile:
I got let in through clearing with BBC :smile: Had an offer from them originally for ABB, but turned it down thinking London would be too expensive, but I'm starting there now this year...love the place :tongue:

I'm not sure if they'd have still taken me had they been my firm/insurance - might've asked me to reapply through clearing - but worked out fine in the end :smile:

Thanks! That's a bit more reassuring! I live locally and I really love it :smile: I'm just praying one of my teachers has the heart to predict me an A :redface:
Original post by Meghna96
Thanks! That's a bit more reassuring! I live locally and I really love it :smile: I'm just praying one of my teachers has the heart to predict me an A :redface:

It's a really nice uni, well equipped labs and I found there was just a good feeling to the place generally :smile: I had ABB predicted, but if your personal statement is good, they'd probably still consider you if you had BBB predicted :smile:

:goodluck:
Original post by Enn21
Hey have you received your student finance letter yet? Let me know you receive yours please so I know my one is on it's way! ������

Sorry I've not been on here for a couple of days...the letter came through on Friday :smile: Wouldn't be surprised if yours did too, I know of a few who got their letters on Friday, must be their post day :tongue:
Reply 38
Sorry I've not been on here for a couple of days...the letter came through on Friday :smile: Wouldn't be surprised if yours did too, I know of a few who got their letters on Friday, must be their post day :tongue:

Heyy yh mine came through last week sometime too! How's your accommodation going? And have you signed up for early enrolment?
Original post by Enn21
Heyy yh mine came through last week sometime too! How's your accommodation going? And have you signed up for early enrolment?

Ah good :smile: Got a place at Sherren House! Did you find anything? Yeah I signed up for enrolment on the 12th :smile:

Also did you get the envelope of offers from QM? There's so many dominos vouchers :P

Quick Reply

Latest