The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WelshBluebird

Ahh fair enough :smile:. Mine was allright except for yesterday haha. Had a family friends funeral on Friday which was sad but the service was really nice so. Saturday I watched football with my old man and then had a relaxing day not doing much on Sunday, just travelling back from my parents. But yesterday I was ill as hell :frown:. Just glad it cleared up for work today tbh.

:hugs: It's good that you are feeling better now. :smile:

----------

I thought I was OK and getting better but I have regressed back to the stage where I can't go a single day without crying at least once. I am not sure if this is just a bad patch or whether I am on the slippery slope again. :s-smilie:
I dont even feel anything right now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
I dont even feel anything right now

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Don't really know what to say but I hope your okay.
Original post by luno
They said I can only withdraw and reapply next year :frown:.

I said I'll let them know what I decide ASAP but I don't know what to do now :s-smilie:.

You got people you can talk it over with? :console: I guess the main things to consider would be: is your situation likely to be better/worse next year, was there much competition to get your place/are you likely to get in again, will fees rise significantly, and what would you do in your year off (doing nothing generally does little to help :sadnod:).

Original post by james1211
I'll feel worse if I don't do it because that will reaffirm in my mind that I hardly know anyone. I have about 5 close friends and that's it. Used to know so many people when I mountain biked but since everyone I know stopped that last year I fell out of touch with it :frown:

I'll probably still do it, I'll just nominate one person or something. I'll look like a loser but whatevs.

I need to find a new hobby where I can meet people. A sports soc maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd actually say five is a fair number of friends. :dontknow:

Original post by Odd socks
How long is it safe to keep cheese for? Found some in the fridge and it didn't look mouldy but I'm worried it's a couple of weeks old :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it hasn't changed colour or texture, it's fine! :wizard:

Original post by Anonymous #2
Been feeling anxious/low lately and falling back into old negative thought patterns.
I'm considering writing a letter to my future self at uni (start in September) about getting help again if I get worse because I'm scared of getting to the point again where I feel I'm beyond help. I know it's a bit pathetic but it might work but then again I mightn't ever need it.

Massive poos.

Writing a letter to yourself sounds like a good plan, and also see if you can talk to someone about how you're feeling? :console:

Good luck with starting uni, and make sure you have plenty of support in place! :hugs:
Original post by thestranger11
:hugs: Don't really know what to say but I hope your okay.

dunno, don't even know what to think right now, just my head feels completely gone, like it's just given up and left me.
Original post by superwolf

Writing a letter to yourself sounds like a good plan, and also see if you can talk to someone about how you're feeling? :console:

Good luck with starting uni, and make sure you have plenty of support in place! :hugs:

Not sure if there is anybody really. Older friends don't know anything about when I was ill before and I don't want to scare newer friends away with the crazy just yet.

Hope you're doing ok yourself! :hugs:
In case anybody's interested (think I saw some people on here talking about Age of Empires), you can currently get a massive bundle of games for as much/little money you want here, with some of the proceeds going to charity. :smile:
How long is it safe to keep cheese for? Found some in the fridge and it didn't look mouldy but I'm worried it's a couple of weeks old :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it looks like this dont eat it!

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh it being mouldy doesn't mean it's no good. If it's something like cheddar I just scrape the mould off and eat it anyway. Never did me any harm. :dontknow:

(I think I draw the line at the picture PandaWho posted :tongue: )
Reply 1349
Original post by superwolf
In case anybody's interested (think I saw some people on here talking about Age of Empires), you can currently get a massive bundle of games for as much/little money you want here, with some of the proceeds going to charity. :smile:

The humble bundle thing? :smile: (you have to spend 15 bucks for aoe to be included i think; still worth it :smile: )
(edited 9 years ago)
I ended up eating the cheese :tongue:

---

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
We haven't properly booked a campsite and just getting scared about going up/bothering about in the car and spending ages trying to find somewhere. At the national trust place its a max of 4 people per plot (we are 5), so tempting just to ask them/say I'll go in a pop-up tent by myself :redface:
Also been so tempting just to tell them I won't go/can go home or hang around here. Sort of want to just start walking home/somewhere in the night now. :s-smilie:
Probably me over-worrying, just missing having my own time sort of, and the other 2 guys are keen on organising proper hikes and I don't want that :frown:

Sorry for the moan

That humblebundle looks awesome! And as samba says paying the $15 is probs worth it :yep:

Luckily friends dad has a USB car charger, so can at least charge phone and iPod occasionally :redface:
Original post by Sabertooth
Tbh it being mouldy doesn't mean it's no good. If it's something like cheddar I just scrape the mould off and eat it anyway. Never did me any harm. :dontknow:

(I think I draw the line at the picture PandaWho posted :tongue: )

This was a genuine bit of cheese found in our third year fridge which horrible housemate had left in there for months and months and months opened but not sealed. It was disgusting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purple-duck
We haven't properly booked a campsite and just getting scared about going up/bothering about in the car and spending ages trying to find somewhere. At the national trust place its a max of 4 people per plot (we are 5), so tempting just to ask them/say I'll go in a pop-up tent by myself :redface:
Also been so tempting just to tell them I won't go/can go home or hang around here. Sort of want to just start walking home/somewhere in the night now. :s-smilie:
Probably me over-worrying, just missing having my own time sort of, and the other 2 guys are keen on organising proper hikes and I don't want that :frown:

Sorry for the moan

That humblebundle looks awesome! And as samba says paying the $15 is probs worth it :yep:

Luckily friends dad has a USB car charger, so can at least charge phone and iPod occasionally :redface:

Theres a campsite near grisedale forrest that you dont have to book, and take groups, i can try find it if you want?
Edit:
Its this place, me and mum stayed here, its a lovely site
http://grizedale-camping.co.uk/?Home

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PandaWho
Theres a campsite near grisedale forrest that you dont have to book, and take groups, i can try find it if you want?
Edit:
Its this place, me and mum stayed here, its a lovely site
http://grizedale-camping.co.uk/?Home

Posted from TSR Mobile

That looks amazing! :O thank you lots :redface: that is very kind of you :hugs:
Will give them a ring in the morning because that sounds really nice, and cheap, (and fires :colone: :smile:)

Thank you :jumphug: Hope you're okay, sorry for generally rubbish replying :s-smilie:
That looks amazing! :O thank you lots :redface: that is very kind of you :hugs:
Will give them a ring in the morning because that sounds really nice, and cheap, (and fires :colone: :smile:)

Thank you :jumphug: Hope you're okay, sorry for generally rubbish replying :s-smilie:

Yeah its a nice site, me and mum camped in the woods, but regretted it as there was a stag do opposite who found it funny to put deoderant on the fire, but the farmer appologised so much to us!
Wed go back.
Yeah one of our musts was that we could have fires :smile:

Yeah im ok, gotta try get a drs appointment tomorrow, gonna be hell waking up at 8am :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Yeah its a nice site, me and mum camped in the woods, but regretted it as there was a stag do opposite who found it funny to put deoderant on the fire, but the farmer appologised so much to us!
Wed go back.
Yeah one of our musts was that we could have fires :smile:

Yeah im ok, gotta try get a drs appointment tomorrow, gonna be hell waking up at 8am :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can camp in the woods? Thats cool! Ah yes :s-smilie: deoderant + fire = :nope:
Hope its possible to go then :redface: But I guess I'll see what others say - I think they partly wanted this other place for position to scarfell :eek: :dontknow: (though I couldn't care less :colondollar: so long as there are some footpaths!)

Oh :frown: good luck for the appointment! Got an early start too :sad: (supposedly we want to leave by like 9 :eek:)
Hope it goes okay though :console:

Thanks again for the help :redface: means a lot - good night! :hugs:
i hate myself i hate my brain
You can camp in the woods? Thats cool! Ah yes :s-smilie: deoderant + fire = :nope:
Hope its possible to go then :redface: But I guess I'll see what others say - I think they partly wanted this other place for position to scarfell :eek: :dontknow: (though I couldn't care less :colondollar: so long as there are some footpaths!)

Oh :frown: good luck for the appointment! Got an early start too :sad: (supposedly we want to leave by like 9 :eek:)
Hope it goes okay though :console:

Thanks again for the help :redface: means a lot - good night! :hugs:

:yep: theres either a feild, or a wooded area, so we chose the wood :smile:
Yeah, we didnt get much sleep that night :sad:

To be fair everywhere is still accessible, and in grizedale forrest theres like a sculpture trail :ahee:

Yeah gotta get up then to have a chance at an emergency appointment with my dr

Hope you get a nice site! :smile: and hope you have loads of fun in the lakedistrict i love it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for the moan

it'll be okay, I promise <3

Latest