The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunshinebeem
Anyone know the absolute minimum UKCAT score you should be applying to St Georges with?

The UKCAT cut off will only be released in in November after you have applied. But you need to get at least 500 in each section.
The cutoff last year was 647.5 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Really interested in this uni, I've heard you can transfer to manchester. Is that correct?
Original post by zed963
Really interested in this uni, I've heard you can transfer to manchester. Is that correct?

Eerm im not sure what you mean by transfer to Manchester. To do medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joannywhite
The UKCAT cut off will only be released in in November after you have applied. But you need to get at least 500 in each section.
The cutoff last year was 647.5 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool! Let's hope I get above that then haha😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Oh cool! Let's hope I get above that then haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's also likely (but not guaranteed as it depends on who applies) to be a little lower compared to last year because of last year's UKCAT scores being inflated compared to normal.
Original post by Tabris
It's also likely (but not guaranteed as it depends on who applies) to be a little lower compared to last year because of last year's UKCAT scores being inflated compared to normal.

Yeah i agree with this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zed963

I don't think so... If you are a biomed however there is a medicine transfer :smile:
Btw, do you know if you get an automatic interview if you pass the cutoff or is it taken into consideration along with academics?
Btw, do you know if you get an automatic interview if you pass the cutoff or is it taken into consideration along with academics?

If you meet the min academic requirements and the ukcat cut off, you will be called for an interview.
That's what their website says :smile:
If you meet the min academic requirements and the ukcat cut off, you will be called for an interview.
That's what their website says :smile:

You are very helpful - thanks again!:colondollar:
You are very helpful - thanks again!:colondollar:

No worries :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
I'm starting at SGUL in September so please ask me if you have any questions about the application process!
Original post by JackC96
I'm starting at SGUL in September so please ask me if you have any questions about the application process!

Did you score really high in your UKCAT, A-levels & GCSEs. I really want to go St Georges :biggrin: lol sorry if it personal :/ I recently got my GCSE grades and I wanted to know whether I stand a chance :smile:
Original post by Elhamm
Did you score really high in your UKCAT, A-levels & GCSEs. I really want to go St Georges :biggrin: lol sorry if it personal :/ I recently got my GCSE grades and I wanted to know whether I stand a chance :smile:

According to their website, you need to get at least 416 tariff points from your top 8 subjects at GCSE. I suggest you check out their entry requirements to see how they score GCSEs. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
According to their website, you need to get at least 416 tariff points from your top 8 subjects at GCSE. I suggest you check out their entry requirements to see how they score GCSEs. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks I did :smile: I scored 432 tariff points, just a few point more than 416 that is because I only did 9 GCSEs. Do you think that they will consider GCSEs when applying or they mainly are in favour of A-levels & UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elhamm
Thanks I did :smile: I scored 432 tariff points, just a few point more than 416 that is because I only did 9 GCSEs. Do you think that they will consider GCSEs when applying or they mainly are in favour of A-levels & UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For now, they do consider GCSEs, AS/ A Levels and UKCAT. You would have to meet all the min requirements to get an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For now, they do consider GCSEs, AS/ A Levels and UKCAT. You would have to meet all the min requirements to get an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do they look at the tariff point for GCSE and the grades or just the tariff point? have they accepted someone recently with Majority of their GCSEs as Bs but their A-level was AAAB?
sorry for so much questions :wink: I'm just really curious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elhamm
Do they look at the tariff point for GCSE and the grades or just the tariff point? have they accepted someone recently with Majority of their GCSEs as Bs but their A-level was AAAB?
sorry for so much questions :wink: I'm just really curious

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as I know, the tariff points are what they look at. Doesn't matter what grades u get :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JackC96

Hi, do sgul accept maths and further maths at A level? Also, if you were to take maths, f maths, biology and chemistry would the offer be for any of the subjects or would it have to include bio and chem even though they don't require them both to A level? Thank you
Original post by Jacobisswaggy
Hi, do sgul accept maths and further maths at A level? Also, if you were to take maths, f maths, biology and chemistry would the offer be for any of the subjects or would it have to include bio and chem even though they don't require them both to A level? Thank you

Hey :smile:

I applied last year with As in Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths and I got an interview. You don't have to get As in both Biology and Chemistry if u did both at A Level. However, I would strongly advice that if you're thinking abt dropping any subject, it should be F Maths because if u do get a B in either Bio or Chem (hopefully not) not all unis will take Maths and F.Maths as 2 separate subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending