The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone else's brain more alert and functional at night or is it just me? i tested it earlier this year and did a maths past paper at 1 AM and I did it 20mins quicker than my quickest time previous :/ Wish it was like this during the day :frown:
Original post by evekip
I live in Northwich! The town's pretty grim and smells like sewage but depends which part you're in I suppose haha.

I start school on the 3rd too. :smile:

oh gosh!:eek: which part smells grim? By the way which school do you go to?
Original post by basham97
What subjects are you guys taking? :smile:

Computer Studies
Graphics
History
Geography
:smile:
Reply 643
Original post by slothgenius
oh gosh!:eek: which part smells grim? By the way which school do you go to?

Don't worry too much, just the town centre like near McDonalds haha! It's bad if it's been raining. :s And I go Hartford at the moment, which college/sixth form do you reckon you'll go for?

Original post by Gilo98
Is anyone else's brain more alert and functional at night or is it just me? i tested it earlier this year and did a maths past paper at 1 AM and I did it 20mins quicker than my quickest time previous :/ Wish it was like this during the day :frown:

I'm like this sometimes, depends how my sleep routine is at the time. :/ Isn't there something about teenagers being nocturnal or something though haha? I remember reading an article. :P
I am Dan Timmins, I am studying English LAN English lit maths history catering and computing and I am actually ****ting myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by basham97
What subjects are you guys taking? :smile:

English Lang & Lit
Triple Science (Only Bio and Physics to go!)
Further Maths
History
Geography
Business
Drama
R.E
I.C.T
Original post by callum623
Computer Studies
Graphics
History
Geography
:smile:

What board are you using for History and Geography?
Reply 647
Quick question, can anybody think of anymore stationery I might need, including stuff to help with revision? The mother has said I can get some stuff off Tesco groceries, but I have no idea what to buy haha, I'm used to either just finding stuff from around the house or going for whatever's cutest in Paperchase. :P

So yeah, any extra stuff I should get? I already have basics like pens, pencils, a calculator and a geometry set, and I've added some pritt sticks and folders to the basket. :smile:
Original post by evekip

I'm like this sometimes, depends how my sleep routine is at the time. :/ Isn't there something about teenagers being nocturnal or something though haha? I remember reading an article. :P

Aaha, there probably is!! Wouldn't surprise me....
Does anybody know when the new specifications will be up?
Guys, I know this is thestudentroom and we're all education junkies...but who's excited for the relaxing/fun part of year 11? 'Sweet 16' parties, Prom, end of exams, last day, prepping for sixth form? Having more responsibility, so on and so on...I am anyway!
Original post by evekip
Quick question, can anybody think of anymore stationery I might need, including stuff to help with revision? The mother has said I can get some stuff off Tesco groceries, but I have no idea what to buy haha, I'm used to either just finding stuff from around the house or going for whatever's cutest in Paperchase. :P

So yeah, any extra stuff I should get? I already have basics like pens, pencils, a calculator and a geometry set, and I've added some pritt sticks and folders to the basket. :smile:

Some highlighters, note cards, maybe colourful pens/pencils/markers...maybe some sticky labels for your folders? Things to make your notes stick out/more noticeable.
Reply 652
Original post by Its_Tito
Some highlighters, note cards, maybe colourful pens/pencils/markers...maybe some sticky labels for your folders? Things to make your notes stick out/more noticeable.

Thanks, I forgot about highlighters and stuff. :P And triplus fineliners are £4 so I went for it, is it sad that I've always wanted some of those? *sob*

Guys, I know this is thestudentroom and we're all education junkies...but who's excited for the relaxing/fun part of year 11? 'Sweet 16' parties, Prom, end of exams, last day, prepping for sixth form? Having more responsibility, so on and so on...I am anyway!

Somebody said it! I'm mostly just excited to finish haha, so excited for prom as well! How early is too early to start looking for dresses? I've already started the hunt online but I'm torn between going for a short dress which would suit me better I guess (I'm tiny, 4'10") or a long one, which my heart is saying since I won't get many other opportunities, but I'm concerned it would swamp me. Sorry I shouldn't get on the subject of prom or I'll just go on for ages... :P

And my parents have said they'll try and book their holiday for next year on the week of results day again, so house party should be fun that night haha!
Original post by evekip
Thanks, I forgot about highlighters and stuff. :P And triplus fineliners are £4 so I went for it, is it sad that I've always wanted some of those? *sob*

Nope, highlighters and fineliners are the best part of school! ;')
Original post by Mr...
They aren't necessarily "fun" :K:

I guess not, but I always do best when I have more responsibility and when I always have work to do...a bit backwards but hey :')
Original post by Mr...
To be honest you could of had that responsibility years ago. You don't have to rely on your teachers just because they're there :teehee: :yep:

I do already, I tend not to ask for help if I know I'll get it in a few more tries...but sometimes it irritates me when my teachers are always on my back to be independent, but also say we should ask for help and use assistance...I won't get that in HE so no point getting it all now? My opinion, I don't know :')
Reply 656
Original post by Mr...
They aren't necessarily "fun" :K:

Speaking of that sort of thing, is anybody here a prefect or anything like that? I've never seen the attraction of it myself especially in the two years of high school when you're under pressure anyway... Is this just me? I'd say the people who are prefects in our year are split 50:50 between people who take it way too seriously and people who don't particularly care at all. :P

I just don't really see the point in doing it I guess, especially if you're going to be one of the super strict types who won't let year 7's go the toilet if they're in the wrong building. :-(

Nope, highlighters and fineliners are the best part of school! ;')

I'm glad! :P I've just been using a pink/blue 2 colour clicky bic pen before so idk I'm stoked to get a proper set of fineliners? x)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by evekip
Speaking of that sort of thing, is anybody here a prefect or anything like that? I've never seen the attraction of it myself especially in the two years of high school when you're under pressure anyway... Is this just me? I'd say the people who are prefects in our year are split 50:50 between people who take it way too seriously and people who don't particularly care at all. :P

I just don't really see the point in doing it I guess, especially if you're going to be one of the super strict types who won't let year 7's go the toilet if they're in the wrong building. :-(

I'm glad! :P I've just been using a pink/blue 2 colour clicky bic pen before so idk I'm stoked to get a proper set of fineliners? x)

I might want to be a prefect, they get privileges as well as having to 'control' younger years :') and I love them, it makes notes fun...if you could go that far haha
When does everyone go back to school (sorry if this questions already been asked :P ).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 659
Original post by Mr...
Our school elects prefects at the end of Y10 so hopefully I will be nominated :biggrin:
I don't see any pressure with being a prefect as you're just an example to what the other students should look up to. :yep:

At my school you have to do door duty which is basically just standing by a door all lunch/break and enforcing weird rules about walking the right way and only being allowed to eat and go the toilet in certain buildings according to what house you're in, plus helping out at open evenings and such. I could get along with being one if you just had to do what you normally did but with a shiny badge haha!

I might want to be a prefect, they get privileges as well as having to 'control' younger years :') and I love them, it makes notes fun...if you could go that far haha

Is it just my school where people start being prefects in the middle of Year 9 then haha? What sort of privileges do you get too? There isn't any to my knowledge at our school apart from a meal near the end of Year 11 and a different tie... :s

I suppose having control over the really cocky younger kids would be fun haha, I'm shorter than a lot of them though so I'd probably be trampled all over by them. One of my friends, on the other hand, is about 6 foot tall and he takes great pleasure in terrifying 12 year olds...

I guess prefecting just isn't for me hahaha, I just wondered since there's some people in my year who are quite obsessive over it and I wondered why :P

Oh and I go back properly on the 4th, only a week left of holiday. D:

Latest