The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adityac3688
I'm sorry if I sound stupid but whats a grammar school? :P

Afaik its a selective school which tends to be good at academics
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by dinglebells
Haha ty I'm Indian too xD 2011world cup never forget

I watch the finals of cricket world cup so much that its more viewed than google for me :3, Nice! You're Indian! :biggrin: where you from in India? I'm from the Mumbai :biggrin:
Original post by dinglebells
Afaik its a selective school which tends to be good at academics

Wow, apparently according to a british friend of mine only like 10-15% people get into these grammar schools after giving in 11+ :redface:
I watch the finals of cricket world cup so much that its more viewed than google for me :3, Nice! You're Indian! :biggrin: where you from in India? I'm from the Mumbai :biggrin:

Lol xD im from chennai but live in UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucrative
Would it be too late to introduce myself? Hiya; I'm Lucrative :biggrin: Fourteen, obviously, turning fifteen next July. OH ALSO; I'm a female. :colondollar:
I'm taking English, English Lit., Maths (inc. Statistics), Science, Religious Studies, Economics, History, French aaaand I think that's it actuall
y..(?) :tongue: After finishing Year 11, I'm hoping to continue onto my school's Sixth Form to do my A-Levels, subjects to be decided, and then hopefully to do Law at university *cough* Oxbridge *cough* :wink:
I love sports, specifically basketball and football - but I despise athletics :cool: - watching Suits, eating food and sleeping. :rolleyes: My mindset towards school has onl[COLOR="#505050"]y changed within the last few months. I used to be all about basketball and I was highly passionate about it, but then I looked into Law and was inspired, so I dropped my dream of being a professional basketball player and decided I'd like to be a Law
Soooooo ... please bare with me, as I'm definitely at a higher level of ignorance than you guys because I'm new to the whole 'caring about school' thing - I don't even know what boards my subjects are. But maybe someday I'll fit into this little clique.

Hi Lucrative, I'm karmacrunch and welcome to TSR! It's definitely not too late! I'm sorry for your pending group request, I didn't see your intro! Also, could you PM your intro to me if you'd like it on the OP? :tongue:

We finally have a July baby. So young. :colone::mmm:

We have quite a few aspiring lawyers so you'll be fine! XD I also want to go to Oxbridge... Cambridge. :colondollar:

I love basketball too! Do you still play?

Our clique? Haha everyone is welcome! Welcome again! :biggrin:
I'm back home from school btw! Good morning guys!! xD

Goodmorning! :biggrin:

Original post by Mr...
:rolleyes: :colonhash: :unimpressed:

Problem? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So many new yr 10s joining :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Frodokins
So many new yr 10s joining :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know! It's really good! :biggrin:
Original post by Mr...
She's even younger than me :colone:

I do have a problem... :colonhash:

I know right :colone:

What's the situation? :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm Naomi, I'm 15 next May. I absolutely love baking, and relating it to chemistry.

I am taking:
Maths, possibly additional maths and FSMQ as well.
English Lang & Lit
Triple Science
RS
French
Geography
Psychology
Not sure ELBS or Music - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2825893

I am hoping to study Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths and possibly French at AS level. Then I would love to study NatSci at Cambridge/another like Durham/Bristol.

I like baking a lot ^^. I play the flute and violin, and dabble a little on the piano.

I feel quite nervous, my school is mixing it's 2 sides together so they'll be loads of people I don't know and some subjects I might not know anyone in.

Favourite smiley? Don't really have one but the one I use a lot - :biggrin:.
Original post by Naomi64
Hi, I'm Naomi, I'm 15 next May. I absolutely love baking, and relating it to chemistry.

I am taking:
English Lang & Lit
Triple Science
RS
French
Geography
Psychology
Not sure ELBS or Music - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2825893

I am hoping to study Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths and possibly French at AS level. Then I would love to study NatSci at Cambridge/another like Durham/Bristol.

I like baking a lot ^^. I play the flute and violin, and dabble a little on the piano.

I feel quite nervous, my school is mixing it's 2 sides together so they'll be loads of people I don't know and some subjects I might not know anyone in.

Hey Naomi and welcome to :biggrin:, I want to go to Cambridge as an International student! Its actually fun having loads of new people haha :P, when we're getting new students we get really excited ^^ But then there'll be loads of people, so sort of weird but still exciting^ think of it that way! :3

If you need any help, we're all around here to help! :redface:
Brogue kick!
Original post by Mr...
Damn!

Ahaha, do you watch WWE? Lol. Sheamus is my fave wrestler, lol.
Original post by AngelPhys
Brogue kick!

lol you watch WWE? I quit after undertakers 21-1 :'(
WWE is crap these days. :colonhash:
Original post by Mr...
Sadly no :getmecoat:

It's awesome, you should, lol.
Ahaha, do you watch WWE? Lol. Sheamus is my fave wrestler, lol.

Brothers of Destruction :smile: (Kane & Taker)
Original post by Naomi64

I am taking:
English Lang & Lit
Triple Science
RS
French
Geography
Psychology

Welcome to TSR Naomi! I'm Melissa and I'm 15 in March. I am taking;

Maths
Additional Maths
English Language/English Literature
Triple science
History
RE
ICT
Business
Spanish

At A level I would love to study Maths, Further Maths, Economics, History and possibly Chemistry.

I would love to study Law at Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL, Durham or Bristol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol you watch WWE? I quit after undertakers 21-1 :'(

Lolol. Did you see the Brogue kick knockout in 18 seconds? Lol.
Original post by usycool1

Agreed^ Its pretty boring these days, and so many new wrestlers :/
Lolol. Did you see the Brogue kick knockout in 18 seconds? Lol.

I didnt even know what brogue kick is until you mentioned it :P
Original post by usycool1

No way, lol!

lolol.

Latest