The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peggles_*
I'm curious to know, if we do indeed end up with Zigic and Song on loan, who will be changing their position and opinion on Arsene?

Mine never has, was furious when he was given the new deal and I'm furious now because once again he has ignored the failings of the squad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would not instantly change my opinion of wenger.. but would be very skeptical throughout the season..

Anything less then a title challenge and I would go 'Wenger Out'

As after last season, and the funds we supposidly have, there is no excuse at all for not putting on a really good shot at the title these season.
Original post by Arkasia
The Benatia deal and the Di Maria deal were kind of obvious, but the Eto'o deal seemed out of the blue to me. This guy might actually be legitimate, or perhaps he just made a few informed guesses.

Yeah exactly, either that or just a lucky coincidence. What is your gut feeling about potential transfers?
Akpom may possibly be going on loan to the Eredivisie, Twente & Feyenoord being linked. Would be a good place to develop, technically better than the lower leagues over here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Yeah exactly, either that or just a lucky coincidence. What is your gut feeling about potential transfers?

I was disappointed about Manolas, I thought he was a done deal. I also think it is worth looking into Alex Song, especially if he is leaving Barcelona we could snag him for as little as £5m. As I mentioned earlier in this thread before being attacked, I think the Italian pot is looking rather untouched (beyond Immobile), and I think Cerci is a good shout. If we do sign a good CDM/CB, then I think the best we will do up front is Welbeck.

Gut feeling: not too hopeful, but I am expecting 2 more signings, and wouldn't be surprised if Wenger announced a huge name.
Reply 5904
Who do people want to see tonight. I was thinking this :

Schz
debuchy, BFG,kos, moreal
flamini, wilshire
AOC, ozil, Sanchez
Yaya

would want to see campbell/carzola/rosicky to come on pretty early if things are tight.

I am going to the game hope its not as last minute as the last one i went to, palace.
Let's not forget, last year none of us had any idea that Arsene was working on a deal for Ozil. I'm not saying a big signing like that will happen again, but be patient that's all.
Original post by Kruz
Let's not forget, last year none of us had any idea that Arsene was working on a deal for Ozil. I'm not saying a big signing like that will happen again, but be patient that's all.

That is the only faint glimmer of hope left.
If by some miracle we were to get Falcao, I would be a happy man.
Original post by t()m
Who do people want to see tonight. I was thinking this :

Schz
debuchy, BFG,kos, moreal
flamini, wilshire
AOC, ozil, Sanchez
Yaya

would want to see campbell/carzola/rosicky to come on pretty early if things are tight.

I am going to the game hope its not as last minute as the last one i went to, palace.

Koscielny is injured and unfit to play.

Just to confirm other injuries are: Gibbs, Giroud, Arteta and Koscielny. All out of tonight's game.

So most likely be:

Sczz
Debuchy, BFG, Chamb, Monreal
Wilshere, Flamini
AOC, Ozil, Sanchez
Yaya/Podolski?

EDIT: Nah scrap that actually, Wenger won't use poldi as a CF. Will probably use him as a substitute to replace Sanchez or AOC on the wings.
(edited 9 years ago)
Koscielny is injured and unfit to play.

Just to confirm other injuries are: Gibbs, Giroud, Arteta and Koscielny. All out of tonight's game.

So most likely be:

Sczz
Debuchy, BFG, Chamb, Monreal
Wilshere, Flamini
AOC, Ozil, Sanchez
Yaya/Podolski?

EDIT: Nah scrap that actually, Wenger won't use poldi as a CF. Will probably use him as a substitute to replace Sanchez or AOC on the wings.

You sure about koscielny? Nothing on the arsenal website and he was in the training video yesterday.
Nah, these Zigic links are pissing me off, even BBC are onto it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4598426.stm

Spoiler

Original post by Arkasia
I was disappointed about Manolas, I thought he was a done deal. I also think it is worth looking into Alex Song, especially if he is leaving Barcelona we could snag him for as little as £5m. As I mentioned earlier in this thread before being attacked, I think the Italian pot is looking rather untouched (beyond Immobile), and I think Cerci is a good shout. If we do sign a good CDM/CB, then I think the best we will do up front is Welbeck.

Gut feeling: not too hopeful, but I am expecting 2 more signings, and wouldn't be surprised if Wenger announced a huge name.

I actually found the whole Manolas thing quite funny, even SSN was reporting our interest and everything.

I'd take Song back ngl... *Waits to be attacked*

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/20/alex-song-nominates-three-former-gunners-for-ice-bucket-challenge-is-he-missing-north-london-4839858/

Original post by De Chirico
You sure about koscielny? Nothing on the arsenal website and he was in the training video yesterday.

Yeah I know, I'm confused too but SSN saying he's out along with the others I mentioned. They said with an Achilles problem? Hope they're wrong.
(edited 9 years ago)
I actually found the whole Manolas thing quite funny, even SSN was reporting our interest and everything.

I'd take Song back ngl... *Waits to be attacked*

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/20/alex-song-nominates-three-former-gunners-for-ice-bucket-challenge-is-he-missing-north-london-4839858/

Yeah I know, I'm confused too but SSN saying he's out along with the others I mentioned. They said with an Achilles problem? Hope they're wrong.

I know, I thought we had him in the bag.

Why would you be attacked? Song is a decent player and kinda what we need right now.
Original post by Peggles_*
Nah, these Zigic links are pissing me off, even BBC are onto it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4598426.stm

''He is expected to be one of the stars of his national team when they make their World Cup finals debut in Germany this year. ''

That went well. He barely played!
#Arsenal team to play Besiktas:
Szczesny,
Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal,
Wilshere, Flamini,

AOC, Ozil, Cazorla
Alexis

#AFCvBES

#Arsenal
subs: Martinez, Chambers, Coquelin, Rosicky, Podolski, Campbell, Sanogo

#AFCvBES

Ffs man, knew he'd play Alexis as a CF but at least Kos is fit. Damn you SSN.
(edited 9 years ago)
Told you sanchez would be up top. It's obvious wenger wants to use him there.
Reply 5916
This is a good team. You should be fine. I just hope nobody else gets injured..
Reply 5917
Szczesny,
Wilshere, Flamini,

AOC, Ozil, Cazorla
Alexis

#AFCvBES

#Arsenal
#AFCvBES

Ffs man, knew he'd play Alexis through the middle. But at least Kos is fit. Damn you SSN.

He might work out. Tbf, that was just one game.. Vs Everton.. At goodison park..

You really never know
Team for tonight
1 Szczesny
2 Debuchy
18 Monreal
20 Flamini
4 Mertesacker
6 Koscielny
11 Özil
15 Oxlade-Chamberlain
17 Sánchez
10 Wilshere
19 Cazorla

Posted from TSR Mobile
Szczesny,
Wilshere, Flamini,

AOC, Ozil, Cazorla
Alexis

#AFCvBES

#Arsenal

#AFCvBES

Ffs man, knew he'd play Alexis as a CF but at least Kos is fit. Damn you SSN.

Praise Jesus, Ozil isn't on the wing!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest