The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What's remarked in AQA German? I know the coursework stuff is 60% of the final grade, but I'm not sure if it's just the exams that get remarked. I was 1 UMS off an A so I was a bit annoyed as I was hoping for an A!
Original post by Sarah Bethany
That means you can get a remark :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome! Thank you :smile:
Original post by kdizzle97
Awesome! Thank you :smile:

No problem :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm still unsure whether I should bother with a remark; I got a C in drama (As in two units, a D in the third), and I was one UMS off a B. It's the only C I got, and I don't feel it reflects my ability in drama, but is there any point in remarkig?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 344
Hi ..could someone advise me re AQA Biology GCSE please?

I want to study this at A level and should've got a B but my GCSE results were a C :s-smilie:

The unit grades were (1) 68/100 = grade C
(2) 74/100 = grade B
(3) 64/100 = grade C
(4) 74/100 = grade B (ISA cant remark)

Giving me a grand total of 279/400 = 1 ums mark off a B!!

Should I get all 3 units marked again do you think or just units 1 and 3 C grades?

Thanks in advance
finally got one of my remarks back and it went up a grade whoop whoop:bigsmile:
Original post by give me info
finally got one of my remarks back and it went up a grade whoop whoop:bigsmile:

woahh congrats!! what subject and exam board was it? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tanyapotter
woahh congrats!! what subject and exam board was it? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was edexcel R.E and it moved up 6 ums A to A*, now I'm just waiting for eng lit fingers crossed.
Original post by Vionar
I'm still unsure whether I should bother with a remark; I got a C in drama (As in two units, a D in the third), and I was one UMS off a B. It's the only C I got, and I don't feel it reflects my ability in drama, but is there any point in remarkig?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! Vionar, you're an awesome actor, and you helped me, and I got a B in the performance unit (A overall), so 100% remark. I'm sure you got a very harsh examiner. Have you got a copy of your performance? You might want to request that and look over it before you remark though, so you appreciate the situation. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kingaaran
Yes! Vionar, you're an awesome actor, and you helped me, and I got a B in the performance unit (A overall), so 100% remark. I'm sure you got a very harsh examiner. Have you got a copy of your performance? You might want to request that and look over it before you remark though, so you appreciate the situation. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My performance was pretty dreadful, I'm hoping it might go up just one mark, because it is very subjective, so that I don't have a C :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vionar
My performance was pretty dreadful, I'm hoping it might go up just one mark, because it is very subjective, so that I don't have a C :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go for the remark. It's unlikely that you'll drop. How far off from a B are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EB8
Hi ..could someone advise me re AQA Biology GCSE please?

I want to study this at A level and should've got a B but my GCSE results were a C :s-smilie:

The unit grades were (1) 68/100 = grade C
(2) 74/100 = grade B
(3) 64/100 = grade C
(4) 74/100 = grade B (ISA cant remark)

Giving me a grand total of 279/400 = 1 ums mark off a B!!

Should I get all 3 units marked again do you think or just units 1 and 3 C grades?

Thanks in advance

I'd probably say just units 1 and 3 as they give you the most room for improvement, but it's really up to you and whether you'd be willing to pay for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go for the remark. It's unlikely that you'll drop. How far off from a B are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

1 UMS off, so very very close :tongue:
Original post by Vionar
1 UMS off, so very very close :tongue:

Definitely go for it then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 354
Original post by Sarah Bethany
I'd probably say just units 1 and 3 as they give you the most room for improvement, but it's really up to you and whether you'd be willing to pay for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks ..that what I thought but I am tempted to do all 3 just to make sure!
Original post by EB8
Thanks ..that what I thought but I am tempted to do all 3 just to make sure!

You're more likely to get it if you do all 3, especially as it's not a very subjective subject, but it's completely up to you and paying for it I guess :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was only 1 UMS mark off an A in Additional Science!!!!!!!
I got a A in biology A in chem A in coursework and B in physics and somehow got a B overall!? I was thinking of getting my physics remarked even though its unlikely to go up. I don't think my chem will change as was lucky to get an A. Maybe my coursework may go up as i put a lot of time into it so would not have been shocked if i came out with an A* in that unit on results day. Which unit do you think i should get remarked?
Definitely go for it then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, now I need to fill in the forms :frown:
I'm 1 mark of an A* in my AQA English lit. I got full UMS in the books essay and obviously you can't remark the coursework (grr) so that leaves me with just the poetry that I could possibly get remarked. Obviously, I really want the A* but my poetry exam was a bit dodgy when I was writing it, I felt as though my mark would either be really high or really low. Do you think I should get a remark? Also, what are the chances of it going down to an overall B? Thanks :smile:
Im so confused right now.

Astronomy by Edexcel is 180/200 for an A* and I got 179. Does anyone know if it is worth the time (and money) to get this remarked?
Also, French by Edexcel is 270/300 for an A* and once again, I fall short with 265. Anyone know if these two subjects are remarked leniently?

Thanks

p.s. Edexcel are messing with my future by the looks of things :l

Latest