The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnimeCrazy
Next time quote me :P It make it easeir. And a year ago i was a BIG fan, like all i could was lock myself in a room and watch got to the point where i can pretty much understand the anime without subs. Mum use to shout at me everyday. Good times XD But since second year started and i started korean drama, anime have been bottom on the list :frown: Sad but true. Need to restart it again.

Whats your fav?

How do pronounce anime?
Original post by Secretnerd123
I swear lel is the lazier version of lol :lol:

lel = LOOOOOL.
so yeah, it's the lazy version of this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Secretnerd123
How do pronounce anime?

Anny may.

XD I use to pronounce it as a (as in the Arabic a with the Fatrah? ) NIME

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anny may.

XD I use to pronounce it as a (as in the Arabic a with the Fatrah? ) NIME

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg I still do that.

anny may is the correct way though. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Next time quote me :P It make it easeir. And a year ago i was a BIG fan, like all i could was lock myself in a room and watch got to the point where i can pretty much understand the anime without subs. Mum use to shout at me everyday. Good times XD But since second year started and i started korean drama, anime have been bottom on the list :frown: Sad but true. Need to restart it again.

Whats your fav?

I watch 5 animes. my first and favourite is hunter x hunter:awesome:.
Hate watching it dubbed as it doesnt show the true emotions and make it seem childish.
Wats so briliant about korean dramas? watched a bit of boys over flowers, coz of ma sis, long ago and dnt see how it could beat anime.

'Ex-AnimeCrazy' would be a better name then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abzey_97
I watch 5 animes. my first and favourite is hunter x hunter:awesome:.
Hate watching it dubbed as it doesnt show the true emotions and make it seem childish.
Wats so briliant about korean dramas? watched a bit of boys over flowers, coz of ma sis, long ago and dnt see how it could beat anime.

'Ex-AnimeCrazy' would be a better name then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw Hunter X Hunter, started that in Ramadan and I watched 60 episodes in a two days. Gonna get back into it. I HATE dub with a passion. Urgh how they make English sound so gay is way beyond me. Just thinking about it makes me feel sick *shudder*

Lol first of Boys.over flower is ****. If anyone wants me go beef me over that pls come I'm ready. So you can't really base the whole Koreans dramas on just one drama

Second off I never said Korean drama was better than anime... Just right now I prefer to watch it over anime. For someone who been watching anime since I was 9. (5 if Dragon ball Z counts) I just wanna get into something new.

Third One piece is the BEST ever up to date with the manga and it gets better and better. Yesterday was Wednesday oooh thanks for reminding me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Aw Hunter X Hunter, started that in Ramadan and I watched 60 episodes in a two days. Gonna get back into it. I HATE dub with a passion. Urgh how they make English sound so gay is way beyond me. Just thinking about it makes me feel sick *shudder*

Lol first of Boys.over flower is ****. If anyone wants me go beef me over that pls come I'm ready. So you can't really base the whole Koreans dramas on just one drama

Second off I never said Korean drama was better than anime... Just right now I prefer to watch it over anime. For someone who been watching anime since I was 9. (5 if Dragon ball Z counts) I just wanna get into something new.

Third One piece is the BEST ever up to date with the manga and it gets better and better. Yesterday was Wednesday oooh thanks for reminding me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alwhat I meant was I dont know how something surpass ANIME as in viewing time and choice.
I also watch one piece but dont read the manga.
Are you one of them ppl that read the manga of an episode and then watch the anime a few days later knowing whats going to happen next?
Original post by Abzey_97
Alwhat I meant was I dont know how something surpass ANIME as in viewing time and choice.
I also watch one piece but dont read the manga.
Are you one of them ppl that read the manga of an episode and then watch the anime a few days later knowing whats going to happen next?

It happens to a person :P

The only reason why i read the manga is cuz im the most impatient person ever/ Been watching One piece since year 8. Would have died long time if i didnt read the manga. Plus One piece the only anime that i can read the manga AND watch the episode same day and not get bored.:biggrin::biggrin:

Cant say the same about Naruto though.:rolleyes:
It happens to a person :P

The only reason why i read the manga is cuz im the most impatient person ever/ Been watching One piece since year 8. Would have died long time if i didnt read the manga. Plus One piece the only anime that i can read the manga AND watch the episode same day and not get bored.:biggrin::biggrin:

Cant say the same about Naruto though.:rolleyes:

Lol them naruto fillerss.
I watched 600 episodes of OP in 28 dayss this summer the other fifty something was fillers and stuff about the film.Thats how much I loved it. Luffy is hilarious. Hope he gets his bros fruit. The impel down and navy base scenes with his bro was epic!!!
HELPPP Law Undergraduate degree or Psychology Undergraduate degree?Walahi i am REALLY stuck on what to Pick. Help me out guyss!!!
Original post by QueenSI
HELPPP Law Undergraduate degree or Psychology Undergraduate degree?Walahi i am REALLY stuck on what to Pick. Help me out guyss!!!

Depends wallhi. Which do you like studying in college? Thats if you do A Level law/psychology.
Depends wallhi. Which do you like studying in college? Thats if you do A Level law/psychology.

I do Both Alevel Law and Psych :confused:. Im thinking of whats the Best Course to do in the long run cause i know if im being realistic i cant get into being a lawyer especially nowadays being a hijabi and i guess not british. I reallyyyyy dont know though I like them both equally
Original post by QueenSI
I do Both Alevel Law and Psych :confused:. Im thinking of whats the Best Course to do in the long run cause i know if im being realistic i cant get into being a lawyer especially nowadays being a hijabi and i guess not british. I reallyyyyy dont know though I like them both equally

Law harbours better employment opportunity in the professional industries. I know a few people who've studied law (top 10) who are currently employed in IB in comparison to none who've done Psych.

I believe to practice Psychology, you need a masters and it carries less clout in terms of academic prudence from an industry perspective.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by QueenSI

Sorry..don't mean to interrupt the conversation but have you learnt about Freud?
Original post by Biryani007
Sorry..don't mean to interrupt the conversation but have you learnt about Freud?

I Dont think Freud is in the AQA spec but i have learnt about Freud in health and social care psychology unit
Original post by QueenSI
I Dont think Freud is in the AQA spec but i have learnt about Freud in health and social care psychology unit

Huh? I did AQA AS Psychology and he was definitely in there....so disturbing but so hilarious :eek:
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Law harbours better employment opportunity in the professional industries. I know a few people who've studied law (top 10) who are currently employed in IB in comparison to none who've done Psych.

I believe to practice Psychology, you need a masters and it carries less clout in terms of academic prudence from an industry perspective.

I know that i Either wana be a Teacher or a GP. I would do Medicine as a postgraduate and i know Psychology would be the better course for that but what am saying is which course is more enjoyable at uni
Original post by QueenSI

I would say psychology, like you said law is hard as a career, especially if you are a hijabi. But, whichever subject you enjoy the most and if you work hard, honestly you can do anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Biryani007
Huh? I did AQA AS Psychology and he was definitely in there....so disturbing but so hilarious :eek:

Ohh yeah **** blonde moment. Freud is in the AQA AS psychology Paper as part of the psychopathology bit Of unit 2 :tongue: But it was quite brief. IKR he is disturbing Creep. looool
Original post by QueenSI
I know that i Either wana be a Teacher or a GP. I would do Medicine as a postgraduate and i know Psychology would be the better course for that but what am saying is which course is more enjoyable at uni

Medicine at Postgrad is considerably more competitive than undergraduate medicine. I'm not meaning to discourage you but if medicine is your (undisputed) ambition, I would go for a subject with heavy emphasis on scientific application i.e Chemistry/Biology/Bio-med.

Original post by brown shuga
I would say psychology, like you said law is hard as a career, especially if you are a hijabi. But, whichever subject you enjoy the most and if you work hard, honestly you can do anythingyPosted from TSR Mobile

Don't speak on something you know nothing about. Equal rights act rules out discrimination based on religion and the biggest employers in law invest heavily in diversity recruiting. In these given situations, you look at the statistics.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest