The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ironandbeer
Well another reason I feel it's very minor and feel a bit bad for even posting here is because there have been times when I've almost completely nipped it in the bud by simply getting more exercise and better diet which has also led to better sleep, the key instigator of the anxiety. But for reasons unknown, as more normal I felt, I succumbed to bad food again and the cycle began all over again. That was very much my own mistake as I was getting better, but I've not been able to get out of the rut again since. Actually just writing that has given me more motiviation to just go for this once and for all and fight it..but still, easier said than done sometimes:frown: Now you may understand my reluctance for meds; my issues while the symptoms may be horrid, I feel there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Apologies for the mess of my posts and thinking, head hasn't been all over the place this much for a good while.

Stop apologising! Also you're welcome to post in here as much or as little as you like! :yes:

It certainly is very hard to get out of a rut. But just because you might think you're self-inflicting it, doesn't mean that you don't deserve help. Everyone deserves second chances if they want it, and everyone deserves to be helped :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Stop apologising! Also you're welcome to post in here as much or as little as you like! :yes:

It certainly is very hard to get out of a rut. But just because you might think you're self-inflicting it, doesn't mean that you don't deserve help. Everyone deserves second chances if they want it, and everyone deserves to be helped :smile:

If I could just get a clear run of everything going right, I'd be fine in no time I bet. It's just not being able to think straight. What I need to do is keep off junk food and do some exercise with this...I was on the cusp of feeling amazing at one point due to this. It helped me generally and my sleep hugely also. It sounds really quite easy considering the situation - why keep putting myself through largely unneccessary hell for junk food etc? But the anxiety is just so present and deep that, especially when at home, I can't get through a single night without comfort of some sort! Easiest one is junk. It's not like I can even enjoy it much at all due to everything, it just feels like it fills a gap, something of a comfort blanket fgs :redface: Maybe that's in the head and I just need to keep on going..24 hrs..48 hrs..and before I know it I'll be in at least a position to march forward somewhat. I've been through it all long enough what's a bit more going to do.
If I could just get a clear run of everything going right, I'd be fine in no time I bet. It's just not being able to think straight. What I need to do is keep off junk food and do some exercise with this...I was on the cusp of feeling amazing at one point due to this. It helped me generally and my sleep hugely also. It sounds really quite easy considering the situation - why keep putting myself through largely unneccessary hell for junk food etc? But the anxiety is just so present and deep that, especially when at home, I can't get through a single night without comfort of some sort! Easiest one is junk. It's not like I can even enjoy it much at all due to everything, it just feels like it fills a gap, something of a comfort blanket fgs :redface: Maybe that's in the head and I just need to keep on going..24 hrs..48 hrs..and before I know it I'll be in at least a position to march forward somewhat. I've been through it all long enough what's a bit more going to do.

I can empathise - I eat junk food like there's no tomorrow. It's not easy to be self-disciplined. It's worth giving it another shot though :smile:
I can empathise - I eat junk food like there's no tomorrow. It's not easy to be self-disciplined. It's worth giving it another shot though :smile:

Is it really self discipline when it's about comfort as much as that? I mean I've long liked junk food, but more when I was younger for the actual yuminess. This is just..almost like I need it. Bad stuff.
Cold and lonely :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it really self discipline when it's about comfort as much as that? I mean I've long liked junk food, but more when I was younger for the actual yuminess. This is just..almost like I need it. Bad stuff.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Cool, OK :smile: Well I wish you the very best of luck and send good vibes your way :h:
Original post by Odd socks
Cold and lonely :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:penguinhug:
Cool, OK :smile: Well I wish you the very best of luck and send good vibes your way :h:

Thank you. Writing here and getting your replies has focused and motivated me somewhat. Tempted to use it as a goal to come back to when everything is hopefully ok and try and help others. But maybe my ego is just too big to see things for how they are hmm..
i want some hot food, but i don't want to have to cook or leave the house for it

this could be an issue...
Thank you. Writing here and getting your replies has focused and motivated me somewhat. Tempted to use it as a goal to come back to when everything is hopefully ok and try and help others. But maybe my ego is just too big to see things for how they are hmm..

Happy to have helped :colondollar: Do stick around and let us all know how you go :smile:

Original post by SweetNothing
i want some hot food, but i don't want to have to cook or leave the house for it

Hmmm, I was gonna suggest late night pizza delivery places but the ones round me only go on at this time of night on Friday and Sat, I think :frown:
Reply 1512
Original post by SweetNothing

Toasties :biggrin:
:penguinhug:

:hugs: it's just hard to accept I'll be alone forever

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm, I was gonna suggest late night pizza delivery places but the ones round me only go on at this time of night on Friday and Sat, I think :frown:

Domino's should still be open?!
Original post by samba
Toasties :biggrin:

Oooh that's a good idea :colone:

I might make myself a peanut butter sandwich in a bit. I don't think we have a working toastie maker anymore :cry2:

(I know this wasn't addressed to me but... meh :getmecoat: )

Original post by Odd socks
:hugs: it's just hard to accept I'll be alone forever

Posted from TSR Mobile

You won't be alone forever hun! :jumphug: Call me cheesy or say I've watched too many Disney movies, but I genuinely do believe there is someone out there for everyone :moon:
Domino's should still be open?!

:ahee:
Reply 1517

I might make myself a peanut butter sandwich in a bit. I don't think we have a working toastie maker anymore :cry2:

Aw, you should get one! Good for when you really can't be bothered with life.

And np, you're doing a great job supporting people here tonight :smile:
Original post by samba
Aw, you should get one! Good for when you really can't be bothered with life.

And np, you're doing a great job supporting people here tonight :smile:

Aww thanks hun :o: Tiz nice to spend a few hours on TSR. So many bloody relatives around recently - no peace and quiet for TLG :no:

You won't be alone forever hun! :jumphug: Call me cheesy or say I've watched too many Disney movies, but I genuinely do believe there is someone out there for everyone :moon:

I will :sadnod: there are reasons that people can't stay in relationships with me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest