The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JanitaTwain
What board are you using for History and Geography?

Edexcel for Hisotry. Not sure about Geography.
Finally reached year 11! :biggrin:

I'm back on the 3rd, we've all got a stressful year ahead but good luck to everyone during exam time!
Original post by fashion-journey
Finally reached year 11! :biggrin:

I'm back on the 3rd, we've all got a stressful year ahead but good luck to everyone during exam time!

Yeah, good luck, guys!

As soon as I work it out, I'll share my study schedule/planner - I love it, the best template I ever made xD And that's saying something, for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nox1
What is it? :confused: urgh lucky, we go straight into lessons the first day.

It's a test that's supposed to suggest careers we would be suitable for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 704
Original post by Purple-Pixie
It's a test that's supposed to suggest careers we would be suitable for

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, is it any good?
We did this one called Kudos in Year 9 at my school, it was awful. Very few people 'agreed' with the results, and the program's reasoning for the career's were pretty bad too.
That and half the careers were things like 'glass tester' and 'plastic tester' and 'metal tester' or different forms of teacher... :mad:
Original post by nox1
Oh, is it any good?
We did this one called Kudos in Year 9 at my school, it was awful. Very few people 'agreed' with the results, and the program's reasoning for the career's were pretty bad too.
That and half the careers were things like 'glass tester' and 'plastic tester' and 'metal tester' or different forms of teacher... :mad:

I'm not sure, I haven't done it yet and my school hasn't told us much about it but I doubt it's going to be very good. Apparently it takes about 2 or 3 hours though; and on the first day back as well :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 706
Original post by Purple-Pixie
I'm not sure, I haven't done it yet and my school hasn't told us much about it but I doubt it's going to be very good. Apparently it takes about 2 or 3 hours though; and on the first day back as well :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah :frown:
Original post by nox1
Oh, is it any good?

We did that, it was terrible!
I think u should make a fourm about schedules and planners :unimpressed::ahee:
Original post by Lfc1998
I think u should make a fourm about schedules and planners :unimpressed::ahee:

Yes! Then we can all share our planners and organisers and nerd out happily! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 710
I've never really gotten much in the way of careers advice - we got a 20 minute session with the careers advisor in groups of 3 or 4, which was just a bit awkward for the majority of people who ended up with people they weren't really mates with. There was no real 'advising' happening - an awkward ice breaking game, followed by her showing us the national careers service site, and then being told that we could schedule an appointment with her anytime (although I have no idea how haha)

Are careers tests things really that useful? Wouldn't most people prefer to do something that they enjoy and that appeals to them than what a test says they're best suited to? :P
Original post by evekip
I've never really gotten much in the way of careers advice - we got a 20 minute session with the careers advisor in groups of 3 or 4, which was just a bit awkward for the majority of people who ended up with people they weren't really mates with. There was no real 'advising' happening - an awkward ice breaking game, followed by her showing us the national careers service site, and then being told that we could schedule an appointment with her anytime (although I have no idea how haha)

Are careers tests things really that useful? Wouldn't most people prefer to do something that they enjoy and that appeals to them than what a test says they're best suited to? :P

We have 1-to-1 careers interviews when we get back. *shudders*
Reply 712
Original post by evekip

:s sounds fun :cool:

I don't think so, I think people who know what they want to do will do it anyway, and people who don't will find something they do enjoy in the end, even if it takes a while.
Reply 713
Original post by Martie08
We have 1-to-1 careers interviews when we get back. *shudders*

Last year we got 1-1 'chats' about our GCSE options and if we have any ideas about careers we want to do, and this year we get the same but with more emphasis on careers & also about our A-Level choices, woo...
Do you know what you want to do with your life? or A-Levels?
Original post by nox1
Last year we got 1-1 'chats' about our GCSE options and if we have any ideas about careers we want to do, and this year we get the same but with more emphasis on careers & also about our A-Level choices, woo...
Do you know what you want to do with your life? or A-Levels?

I'd love to study languages - or at the very least study abroad. Besides that, I'm clueless xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 715
Original post by SampleX
I'd love to study languages - or at the very least study abroad. Besides that, I'm clueless xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Studying abroad in a language you did at A-Level would be so cool :biggrin:
Original post by nox1
Studying abroad in a language you did at A-Level would be so cool :biggrin:

I know :biggrin: What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by slothgenius
omg hahah Going to Northwich actually to be precise! not quite sure.. I think Altrincham is my first choice.. Others would be the grange school, etc.. but I don't really know which places are good!

Oh right. I'm near Chester. I have a friend that goes to Grange but he's in the year below and I haven't really talked to him that much about school. Tbh all I know about Grange is how their rowing team is doing (not that well) haha :smile:
Reply 718
Original post by SampleX
I know :biggrin: What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to take chemistry, biology and maths to A2, and History to AS. :tongue:
I'm then planning on studying veterinary medicine at university (hopefully Liverpool, but maybe Nottingham)! :biggrin:
Original post by nox1
I'm going to take chemistry, biology and maths to A2, and History to AS. :tongue:
I'm then planning on studying veterinary medicine at university (hopefully Liverpool, but maybe Nottingham)! :biggrin:

Cool! :biggrin: I really enjoy chemistry and maths, but there are so many subjects that I like and only four A level choices D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest