The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Autistic Merit
PGCE is very tiring and there's a lot of boring lectures. You meet interesting people. You don't get a choice of school but it will be local. You can express a preference but they can't guarantee it.

I'd imagine I'm quite Marmite. There's a few girls who despise me and a few boys who've said I'm boring and stuff. There are some students who like me though.

Go on then. Complain to the Head.

probably because you don't let them piss.
Original post by white boy
sorry but this is the funniest thing in the world to me

Why? It's just immature.
Original post by ChickenMadness
probably because you don't let them piss.

Teachers never get to go to the toilet during the lesson.
Do you teach your students only to pass exams or do you teach them interesting stuff about the subject in general? Are your students much more knowledgeable about the subjects you teach or do they just know how to get marks and jump through hoops? What percentage do you think have zero understanding of the subject but just know how to pass exams and get marks?

Which subject(s) do you teach?
What team do you support?

*Say Liverpool FC, pls, lol*
What's your following when in class/at work?;

Your funniest moment
Your most embarrassing moment
Your most awkward moment
Your scariest moment
Original post by ChickenMadness
Do you teach your students only to pass exams or do you teach them interesting stuff about the subject in general? Are your students much more knowledgeable about the subjects you teach or do they just know how to get marks and jump through hoops? What percentage do you think have zero understanding of the subject but just know how to pass exams and get marks?

Which subject(s) do you teach?

I teach maths. I teach for the test, especially for Years 10 to 11. There is just not enough time to teach them the interesting stuff that we want because we have a massive syllabus and a lot of hoops to jump through ourselves. Plus there is the need to have constantly improving results.
Original post by AngelPhys
What team do you support?

*Say Liverpool FC, pls, lol*

Not a football fan. Reading or Accrington maybe.
Not a football fan. Reading or Accrington maybe.

Be a LFC fan, pls .Lol.
Be a LFC fan, pls .Lol.

Yeah alright if it makes you happy.
Yeah alright if it makes you happy.

K, ty. Made me happy :smile: lol.
Original post by Scienceisgood
What's your following when in class/at work?;

Your funniest moment
Your most embarrassing moment
Your most awkward moment
Your scariest moment

1. I remember someone interrupted me when I was trying to say "I'm a dictator in this classroom" so it sounded like I was calling myself a dick.

2. Fell over on a school trip whilst holding an ice cream.

3. Nothing I'm willing to share.

4. Not being able to find a classroom I had been moved to resulting in wandering around the whole school for what felt like hours. The school's room numbering system is ancient and completely illogical.
K, ty. Made me happy :smile: lol.

Has anyone ever told you that you use 'lol' too much?
Has anyone ever told you that you use 'lol' too much?

Ye, lol.

Legend says it that I was born with it, lol.
1. I remember someone interrupted me when I was trying to say "I'm a dictator in this classroom" so it sounded like I was calling myself a dick.

2. Fell over on a school trip whilst holding an ice cream.

3. Nothing I'm willing to share.

4. Not being able to find a classroom I had been moved to resulting in wandering around the whole school for what felt like hours. The school's room numbering system is ancient and completely illogical.

You call yourself a maths teacher, there must have been some kind of numerical method technique... :rolleyes:

EDIT:
Also, what did 3 involve then?
Original post by Scienceisgood
You call yourself a maths teacher, there must have been some kind of numerical method technique... :rolleyes:

EDIT:
Also, what did 3 involve then?

Not really, the school is age old and a lot of rooms have been demolished and some built so the numbers are not in order at all. The school does have a map but it's not very helpful.

I haven't really thought of anything for 3 that I would disclose.
Ye, lol.

Legend says it that I was born with it, lol.

Do you actually laugh out loud when you type it though?
How did you pick your name?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaptainStrange
How did you pick your name?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I saw someone use the term 'artistic merit' on a social network and, since I'm autistic, I thought Autistic Merit would be a nice name to choose.

I was also thinking about calling myself Asexual Tension as I thought that would get a few chuckles but I'm not asexual so. :dontknow:
I saw someone use the term 'artistic merit' on a social network and, since I'm autistic, I thought Autistic Merit would be a nice name to choose.

I was also thinking about calling myself Asexual Tension as I thought that would get a few chuckles but I'm not asexual so. :dontknow:

I was asking because I think your name is awesome

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest