The Student Room Group

2015 Consulting graduate applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ekta9
Anyone received an interview from Deloitte for Graduate Consulting September 2015 intake yet?

Nope. I got an email saying I'd passed the screening stage and someone would be in contact 'very shortly' (this was exactly a week ago) about the next stage but I haven't received anything yet.
How long does it take from submitting an application for Deloitte Monitor to get an invite for online testing?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by Throwaway2521
Nope. I got an email saying I'd passed the screening stage and someone would be in contact 'very shortly' (this was exactly a week ago) about the next stage but I haven't received anything yet.

Ah okay well done! How long did it take you to get the email that you had passed the screening stage after passing your online tests? I've been waiting for about three weeks, and on Deloitte recruitment system it says 'Application on hold after screening', so not sure what that means…
Original post by ekta9
Ah okay well done! How long did it take you to get the email that you had passed the screening stage after passing your online tests? I've been waiting for about three weeks, and on Deloitte recruitment system it says 'Application on hold after screening', so not sure what that means…

Thanks! I heard back after a day :/ Took the critical thinking test on the 20th Aug and got the email saying I've made it through screening on the 21st Aug. Maybe try giving them a call and see what they say?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 84
Thanks! I heard back after a day :/ Took the critical thinking that on the 20th Aug and got the email saying I've made it through screening on the 21st Aug. Maybe try giving them a call and see what they say?

I see! I've dropped them an email so hopefully will get a reply soon :smile:
Original post by ekta9
I see! I've dropped them an email so hopefully will get a reply soon :smile:

Same here I've been told I passed the screening today - did the tests on Saturday - does anyone know what the next stage is?
Original post by Ksimmonds
Same here I've been told I passed the screening today - did the tests on Saturday - does anyone know what the next stage is?

http://mycareer.deloitte.com/uk/en/university/apply-now/2015selection

Looks like it will be a service line questionnaire followed by first round interviews.
Reply 87
A question - are London jobs more competitive/harder to get into, when compared to regional jobs? I notice that a lot of companies have different criteria and deadlines for London-based positions
Original post by ramadi88
A question - are London jobs more competitive/harder to get into, when compared to regional jobs? I notice that a lot of companies have different criteria and deadlines for London-based positions

Generally speaking London offices tend to have far more applications and hence are more competitive
Original post by wisepirate
Generally speaking London offices tend to have far more applications and hence are more competitive

But then they tend to have more openings too...
Just been told I passed my Assessment Day for EY. Now waiting on partner availability for the final interview!!
Reply 91
Original post by Consultingstude
Just been told I passed my Assessment Day for EY. Now waiting on partner availability for the final interview!!

Congratulations Consultingstude! You're almost there :biggrin: I'm just starting other applications - PwC, Microsoft, A.T.Kearney, Roland Berger, LEK - anything else I can look at? I can't apply for Deloitte or KPMG till December.
Reply 92
Hi guys, i'm currently applying for the 2015 Monitor Deloitte strategy consulting grad scheme. In the 'degree education' section of the online application it asks for current year of study and the grade obtained, i'm in my second year going into my third year and I obtained a 2:2 in my 2nd year, although I am definitely on track and predicted to graduate with 2:1. Does anybody know if I will rejected solely based on the 2:2 I got in my second year?

As i am about to enter 3rd year, i'm considering putting '3rd year' as my current year of study and selecting '2:1 - predicted' but i'm really unsure as to what I should do!
Congratulations Consultingstude! You're almost there :biggrin: I'm just starting other applications - PwC, Microsoft, A.T.Kearney, Roland Berger, LEK - anything else I can look at? I can't apply for Deloitte or KPMG till December.

Microsoft have consulting roles available? Could you link me please?
Reply 94
Original post by Ksimmonds

How did you find the online tests? And just wondering if you have any experience in consultancy or an internship?
Hi guys,

I'm a Law graduate who graduated last year and am considering applying for consultancy/corporate finance/risk consulting and have a few questions.

1. Do they recruit throughout the year for immediate starts or do they start around September 2015?
2. Do you need to have work experience in the field (I have a legal work experience, but none which relate to finance)
3. Are you expected to have sound knowledge of your chosen line or are you trained up? If so, how much should you expect to get roughly as a salary?
4. Are the numerical tests difficult? (I have not done mathematics at A-Level)

Sorry for the 'noob' questions, but I'm seriously considering a career in this field and would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks!
Original post by Consultingstude

Wow so early - congratulations Consultingstude! What is Assessment Day like? Is it after the First Phone Interview?! All the best for your partner interview!!!
Reply 97

Microsoft isn't really consulting like any of those others, look past the word "consulting" which could apply to practically anything!

The ones that stand out as missing from your list (no idea if open) are EY, Capgemini and Accenture who all have strong management consulting schemes.

Obvs if you've got a really good application (which you'll need to for a shot at A.T.Kearney / RB anyway) then it may also be worth exploring MBB?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 98
Microsoft have consulting roles available? Could you link me please?

Original post by M1011
Microsoft isn't really consulting like any of those others, look past the word "consulting" which could apply to practically anything!

The ones that stand out as missing from your list (no idea if open) are EY, Capgemini and Accenture who all have strong management consulting schemes.

Obvs if you've got a really good application (which you'll need to for a shot at A.T.Kearney / RB anyway) then it may also be worth exploring MBB?

Throwaway2521: It's not exactly consulting, rather a Business development role. It's called Project Management & Business Consulting, in the MACH programme.

M11011: Already applied to EY, made it to the interview and tanked it. Capgemini, I'm applying I guess, but Accenture, from what I understand, has been hiring since January, so I'm debating if it's worth the effort of the research and application. MBB I did not mention cause it's just quite difficult when you're not in a top school or a top program (I'm at Manchester, research masters in engineering). And yeah, I agree, A.T/RB were a pretty long shot anyway! My application is not THAT bad - I've got a year's experience in corporate strategy, and I worked under the ED of an MNC, so I'm riding on that experience! Still think it's worth exploring MBB?
Reply 99
Throwaway2521: It's not exactly consulting, rather a Business development role. It's called Project Management & Business Consulting, in the MACH programme.

M11011: Already applied to EY, made it to the interview and tanked it. Capgemini, I'm applying I guess, but Accenture, from what I understand, has been hiring since January, so I'm debating if it's worth the effort of the research and application. MBB I did not mention cause it's just quite difficult when you're not in a top school or a top program (I'm at Manchester, research masters in engineering). And yeah, I agree, A.T/RB were a pretty long shot anyway! My application is not THAT bad - I've got a year's experience in corporate strategy, and I worked under the ED of an MNC, so I'm riding on that experience! Still think it's worth exploring MBB?

Regarding EY, at least it shows your application is strong. Got to take the positives - people seldom get their first interview.

Capgemini - you "guess"? Their MC side is strong (it's essentially EY which they bought it in 200X, scheme pays more than big4). Why wouldn't you go for it?

Accenture - most likely hire year round then, another ex audit firm consulting division, defo worth going for it for the hefty sign on alone!

MBB - I'm not MBB standard so I can't speak authoritatively, but I imagine you're probably right in saying it's a long shot. Then again, for the sake of spending a couple hours firing off an application to each (they all get very samey), why not roll the dice and have a go! Same situation with A.T/RB really.

Have you also considered the likes of Mott McDonald? Another good MC firm with a focus on engineering (so potentially looks favourably on you given your degree).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending