The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Buzzing.

Basel have got the better of Chelsea a few times but we should be alright.

As for the other team, lol, debutants, 6 points and 6+ goals probably.

Madrid... should be good fun
Original post by AngelPhys
Lool, no one cares, lol.

:rofl2:
Chelsea are sooo lucky, lol.
Roma are dead, loool.
okay, so city are boned.
chelsea as usual get an easy draw.
arsenal get a tough-ish draw but they'll get through.
we got more or less exactly what we wanted.
Liverpool shouldnt have any problems progressing tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Atletico or Juventus - who would we want to play less?
Reply 1107
Fantastic draw for us. There will be no easy games in the CL but we can certainly qualify from that group. Not scared of Madrid either, expecting us to do them at Anfield.
Original post by goldie56

i don't think it matters really.
if we were to go through, we were likely to come 2nd in whatever group we got
so we will have been expecting a tough game in the first knockout round anyway.

we will likely be facing atletico or juventus regardless of whether we finish 1st of 2nd
but it would be a nice challenge if i'm honest :smile:
Imagine, lol. Logerent or whatever and Basel got through, lololol. Haha, Looool.
Original post by goldie56

Atletico much, much less, we'd end up exactly like we were against City on Monday night.

Allegri is a **** coach and Juve have been **** in Europe recently, so I wouldn't mind them too much. Chances are that they might not even qualify and the top of our group might face Olympiakos instead.

Topping our group isn't out of the question, it means beating Madrid here and hoping they slip up elsewhere.
Imagine, lol. Logerent or whatever and Basel got through, lololol. Haha, Looool.

We should qualify. Looking forward to it.
Original post by Deshi

We should qualify. Looking forward to it.

Lollol nice gif, lol.
I don't think we have any excuse for not getting through that group. Basel aren't a bad side but we should be able to edge them.

At least the Real Madrid games will be huge! Never heard of Ludogorets - Bulgarian champions who had to go through 3 rounds of qualifying. I'm not even sure if they've played in the Champions League before.

We really should finish on 10+ points.
Original post by Zerforax
I don't think we have any excuse for not getting through that group. Basel aren't a bad side but we should be able to edge them.

At least the Real Madrid games will be huge! Never heard of Ludogorets - Bulgarian champions who had to go through 3 rounds of qualifying. I'm not even sure if they've played in the Champions League before.

We really should finish on 10+ points.

6 points off LUdogorets, lol.
6 points off LUdogorets, lol.

You can see Ludogorets finishing on 0..

I'm keen to see when the fixtures are. Be great if the Real Madrid games were sandwiched next to easier games.
You can see Ludogorets finishing on 0..

I'm keen to see when the fixtures are. Be great if the Real Madrid games were sandwiched next to easier games.

We win, lol.
are all champions league games on tuesday and wednesday nights?

because if so, i might just kill myself.
i work 5-11 both on tuesdays and wednesdays...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
are all champions league games on tuesday and wednesday nights?

because if so, i might just kill myself.
i work 5-11 both on tuesdays and wednesdays...

Yes except the final which is now played on a Saturday (used to be Wednesday's a few years ago).

You'll just have to record and find a way to avoid the score for a few hours.. :colondollar:
Yes except the final which is now played on a Saturday (used to be Wednesday's a few years ago).

You'll just have to record and find a way to avoid the score for a few hours.. :colondollar:

can't be dealing with this, how unlucky can you get?!
yay, there's one match i can watch...

might see if i can change my contract hours to monday and tuesday instead; at least then i'd be able to see half of the games

Quick Reply