The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Biryani007
Sorry..don't mean to interrupt the conversation but have you learnt about Freud?

OMG I have learnt about that dude when I did As Psychology :smile: and much more deeply in BTEC.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
OMG I have learnt about that dude when I did As Psychology :smile: and much more deeply in BTEC.

It was waaay deeper in BTEC soo much fun heheh
Original post by QueenSI
It was waaay deeper in BTEC soo much fun heheh

Did you do BTEC? Damn I remember how deep it was loool :biggrin:
how come we never see Somali people in like a professional work place :s-smilie: Like i know they do stuff like medicine, teaching and that but i have never seen Somali doctors or like teachers:s-smilie: I am genuinely confused where the somalians at?
Did you do BTEC? Damn I remember how deep it was loool :biggrin:

Yupp I did a BTEC Sub dip In health in my AS year which gave me one Alevel so i could drop it to focus on a2 Law and Psych LOOOL . i liked health aswell loool. The psych unit was my fave, hated the sociology one ufff
Original post by QueenSI
Ohh yeah **** blonde moment. Freud is in the AQA AS psychology Paper as part of the psychopathology bit Of unit 2 :tongue: But it was quite brief. IKR he is disturbing Creep. looool

Ahah we did a bit about him in unit 1 too...but yh mainly in unit 2...so disturbing. My teacher was crazy too so she'd just randomly start talking about sex when we'd be learning about him and arghhh so awkward :lol:

Ahahha so creepy right? My teacher made it even more creepier. You did AS then BTEC?
I dropped it after AS aha..my teacher thought I was going to do it at uni because I used to ask her such deep questions. Once I asked her a question (can't remember what) and she replied with "You can tell me the answer when you do your masters in psychology" :rofl:
Original post by QueenSI
how come we never see Somali people in like a professional work place :s-smilie: Like i know they do stuff like medicine, teaching and that but i have never seen Somali doctors or like teachers:s-smilie: I am genuinely confused where the somalians at?

Word of advice. If you don't study Law at a target/semi-target, you will find it extremely difficult in trying to join the profession. Alongside having AAB+ (340 UCAS pts).

All the best.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Medicine at Postgrad is considerably more competitive than undergraduate medicine. I'm not meaning to discourage you but if medicine is your (undisputed) ambition, I would go for a subject with heavy emphasis on scientific application i.e Chemistry/Biology/Bio-med.

Don't speak on something you know nothing about. Equal rights act rules out discrimination based on religion and the biggest employers in law invest heavily in diversity recruiting. In these given situations, you look at the statistics.

Equal rights eh, oh how I wish I was a naive 18 year old again 😏

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Word of advice. If you don't study Law at a target/semi-target, you will find it extremely difficult in trying to join the profession. Alongside having AAB+ (340 UCAS pts).

All the best.

Thank you:biggrin::biggrin:
Is freud the guy who talked about babies having a sexual urge to their parents?
Ma sis is studying anthropology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abzey_97
Is freud the guy who talked about babies having a sexual urge to their parents?
Ma sis is studying anthropology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yupp. A daughter has sexual tendencies towards her dad :afraid: and a son has sexual tendencies towards the mum.
Original post by brown shuga
Equal rights eh, oh how I wish I was a naive 18 year old again

Do you understand how HR recruit from these firms? Have you been part of the corporate recruitment process?

Top law firms and the Bulge Brackets have heavy emphasis on diversity recruiting. The amount of Muslims at the firm I work in speaks for itself. 7/15 of us summer interns that got selected for this years intake are Muslim.

I wish you weren't as ignorant as you've displayed yourself to be.

Just because you're a couple years older, doesn't make you knowledgeable on matters it is clear you have no intel regarding.
Do you understand how HR recruit from these firms? Have you been part of the corporate recruitment process?

Top law firms and the Bulge Brackets have heavy emphasis on diversity recruiting. The amount of Muslims at the firm I work in speaks for itself. 7/15 of us summer interns that got selected for this years intake are Muslim.

I wish you weren't as ignorant as you've displayed yourself to be.

Just because you're a couple years older, doesn't make you knowledgeable on matters it is clear you have no intel regarding.

Lool too funny. How am ignorant? At least I'm not rude and how do you know am I not doing law?

Stop making assumptions, when you don't know me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QueenSI
Yupp I did a BTEC Sub dip In health in my AS year which gave me one Alevel so i could drop it to focus on a2 Law and Psych LOOOL . i liked health aswell loool. The psych unit was my fave, hated the sociology one ufff

OMG I liked the Sociology bit but not psychology. Well it was interesting learning about different theories. Hmm After I did As, the year after I did 2 years of BTEC :smile:
Original post by Biryani007
Ahah we did a bit about him in unit 1 too...but yh mainly in unit 2...so disturbing. My teacher was crazy too so she'd just randomly start talking about sex when we'd be learning about him and arghhh so awkward :lol:

Ahahha so creepy right? My teacher made it even more creepier. You did AS then BTEC?
I dropped it after AS aha..my teacher thought I was going to do it at uni because I used to ask her such deep questions. Once I asked her a question (can't remember what) and she replied with "You can tell me the answer when you do your masters in psychology" :rofl:

Lol, damn the dude was freaky all the ice-berg theory, psycho-sexual stages, ID EGO SUPEREGO blah blah blah. It was too much gyal, my brain was gonna POP:biggrin:
Original post by brown shuga
Lool too funny. How am ignorant? At least I'm not rude and how do you know am I not doing law?

Stop making assumptions, when you don't know me.

I don't care what you're doing and neither did I ask. You claimed something that was incorrect, I called you out on it. Whether you perceived what I said to be rude is of your own concern. Don't spout in-factual nonsense and claim you're knowledgeable because you study a certain subject.

Firstly, what does doing a law degree have anything to do with understanding graduate recruitment?

Quite ironic that someone who does law doesn't even know the law (assuming your connotation carries truth).
Medicine at Postgrad is considerably more competitive than undergraduate medicine. I'm not meaning to discourage you but if medicine is your (undisputed) ambition, I would go for a subject with heavy emphasis on scientific application i.e Chemistry/Biology/Bio-med.

Don't speak on something you know nothing about. Equal rights act rules out discrimination based on religion and the biggest employers in law invest heavily in diversity recruiting. In these given situations, you look at the statistics.

*smiles at your bottom post*
:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol, damn the dude was freaky all the ice-berg theory, psycho-sexual stages, ID EGO SUPEREGO blah blah blah. It was too much gyal, my brain was gonna POP:biggrin:

I know! Aha and all the dream analysis stuff...how if your dream had a train in it it meant some next thing *vomits*
Thankfully I've never had a dream with a train in or any other weird objects he used in his theory :redface:
What was that little boy called again, the one that was scared of horses? The poor thing had a phobia of horses and Freud twisted the whole thing so much!
(assuming your connotation carries truth).

What connotation?
I don't care what you're doing and neither did I ask. You claimed something that was incorrect, I called you out on it. Whether you perceived what I said to be rude is of your own concern. Don't spout in-factual nonsense and claim you're knowledgeable because you study a certain subject.

Firstly, what does doing a law degree have anything to do with understanding graduate recruitment?

Quite ironic that someone who does law doesn't even know the law (assuming your connotation carries truth).

Someone asked for advice and I gave them, it is my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

I don't understand why you have an issue with that. I didn't mention any statistics, I just gave her a general advice.

Stop trying to create unfounded arguments and grow up, mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest