The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

anybody else battle with thoughts along the lines of "I'm not worth medication"? i have done since i started taking medication, this whole situation with my prescription really isn't helping that, especially because i will have to get an emergency appointment, which could be given to somebody who has a real emergency :emo:
Original post by Sabertooth
You got anyone you can practice on?

When I have to make important phonecalls I write a script beforehand, saying exactly what I'm meant to say. That way I just have to read it, it makes the phonecall a lot easier.

not really :redface: will just have to take a deep breath and do it because it is ridiculous me going cold turkey off sertraline for the sake of avoiding a phone call... also feel really embarrassed because i should've phoned up earlier when i noticed she had the wrong date, but stupid me was hoping she'd realise on her own.
Original post by superwolf

I have to say, DSA can be incredibly useful. Like having a study coach/mentor can really be a lifesaver. I'd really recommend applying, and even if you turn down most of the things offered you still might be offered something that really changes uni for the better for you. :smile:

i see what you mean :smile: it just seems like a whole lot of hassle, especially because i'll be moving universities in a year so doubtless i'd have to go through it all over again - and i'd probably have to find out my official diagnoses, which i'm scared of in case they're worse/more severe than i thought :erm:
:console: What's up?

Pain still, just urghyness

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubble999
Awww what's up? :frown:

Spoiler

It's hard to explain, but I'll just say everything cause it pretty much is :redface: I feel like I'm constantly fighting and it's getting really tiresome.

Spoiler

Original post by IDukem
It's hard to explain, but I'll just say everything cause it pretty much is :redface: I feel like I'm constantly fighting and it's getting really tiresome.

Spoiler

The never ending fight, hmm :sigh: Well you know I'm a PM away :console:

Spoiler

:hugs: I think the bed at 10 thing might be a good idea, or maybe 10.30 or 11? Did you mention the always feeling cold thing to the doctor as well as talking about your tiredness? Dunno if the two might be connected?

How about watching something on your flatmate's computer (assuming she has one)?

:rolleyes: Some people seriously need to learn some manners. It's entirely up to you what you do and don't pour over your head while fully clothed (most sane people would opt for nothing :tongue:), so I'd tell this person to kindly get bent. :h:

He then had a go at me about my girlfriend saying I'm only not doing it because she's not doing it and that apparently she has my balls in her hands with everything. So annoyed right now. This person is supposed to be a friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:jumphug:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by bullettheory

Spoiler

Spoiler

we only found each other last year, before that, id never had a real proper boyfriend ever (and even the one i was meant to have had abused me)

i believe theres someone for everyone.
My sleeping pattern is driving me up the wall. Gaaaaaaah. I need to be knocked out for the next 8 hours so I can wake up at a normal time, albeit with too much sleep.
Original post by Odd socks

Spoiler

Spoiler

If it's any consolation with the right person it won't matter. And I'm not talking about someone who is such a people pleaser(I'm not sure the right term) they'll put up with just about anything even if they don't want to. I'm talking about someone who finds you so amazing that sex isn't an issue. I've had this. I'll be the first to admit with most girls I like I'm thinking with my genitals and I would want to sleep with them but with this one girl I was just blown away. Her personality and nature were just so amazing if we had a romantic relationship I know I wouldn't have expected a sexual one too.

Not sure if whole spoiler is showing on phones. Not on mine.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by alexs2602
My sleeping pattern is driving me up the wall. Gaaaaaaah. I need to be knocked out for the next 8 hours so I can wake up at a normal time, albeit with too much sleep.

I feel this! I got myself into a normal sleeping pattern and i've found myself going to bed later and later and it's so annoying!
Reply 1610
Long drive back from Cambridge to Manchester tonight. Gonna get back around 4-5am :sad: fml!

Original post by Team_McDreamy
anybody else battle with thoughts along the lines of "I'm not worth medication"? i have done since i started taking medication, this whole situation with my prescription really isn't helping that, especially because i will have to get an emergency appointment, which could be given to somebody who has a real emergency :emo:

Yes
Original post by SweetNothing
I feel this! I got myself into a normal sleeping pattern and i've found myself going to bed later and later and it's so annoying!

Normally I wouldn't mind as much but I can't afford to not be sleeping normally right now. This is the worst time possible. I went to the doctor who gave me sleeping pills as a temporary solution but they're hit and miss with me. Don't really work. You should go to the doctor too. Also, Google sleep hygiene. Its not as disgusting as it sounds. And non-24 hour sleep-wake disorder/circadian rhythm sleep disorders.
Things are looking up. :smile: Loving college but the 5am starts are killing me- I have a two and a half hour commute each way to college. :redface: So leaving the house at about 06.10 to catch the bus and not getting home till about 7.30 at night! :eek: I just need to get used to it I think. :colondollar: Also spoke to student support and they sorted stuff out for me- I have somewhere to go if things become unbearable in lectures and someone to meet with regularly to make sure things are going well.
Went back to music on Wednesday and it was awesome. :biggrin: First aid starts back up this week and I'm going to a party tomorrow evening. Me. At a party. Shocking I know. :tongue: Rainbows was brilliant- the new girls are really settling in! :smile: I'm meeting a couple of friends for coffee on Saturday and have a first aid duty on Sunday. Gaelic classes start in the next few weeks too! :woo: I'm incredibly blessed to have such a brilliant support network! :colondollar:
Original post by alexs2602
Normally I wouldn't mind as much but I can't afford to not be sleeping normally right now. This is the worst time possible. I went to the doctor who gave me sleeping pills as a temporary solution but they're hit and miss with me. Don't really work. You should go to the doctor too. Also, Google sleep hygiene. Its not as disgusting as it sounds. And non-24 hour sleep-wake disorder/circadian rhythm sleep disorders.

I'm going to try and get up early tomorrow so I can get an appointment for the day and sort it out. I've had a dodgy sleeping pattern for ages i get it fine and then it gets messed up again. Hope you sort your sleeping pattern out!
What the heck is wrong with me? I want everyone I then kick them out of my life rudely. I want to be on my own and then I am depressed because I am forgotten about and no social contact. I can't stop alternating between loving myself and hating myself. I want a job and then the next minute I self sabotage everything. I wan to go to Uni and then I sod up my access course.
I want this to end I want to be normal. I want feel in control

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to try and get up early tomorrow so I can get an appointment for the day and sort it out. I've had a dodgy sleeping pattern for ages i get it fine and then it gets messed up again. Hope you sort your sleeping pattern out!

I've had it for years. Maybe a decade and it's played hell with my life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Big hugs to anyone who needs them right now. :hugs:

Attempting to fall asleep but it's not happening right now.

I'll mail you some haha

Wooo :biggrin:

Original post by Sabertooth
Thanks, although I respectfully disagree. :colondollar: It's a bloody entry level position and even with experience in the area I still failed the exam. :frown:

:frown:
:hugs:
You really aren'y stupid though. Exams aren't for everyone. And that includes academic exams and work related ones. :hugs: again.

Original post by Anonymous
Well, I guess at least you're able to make friends online and it sounds like some of them do become irl friends. I guess it gives you a nice 'way in' and takes some of the pressure off if you do meet irl! :smile:

Yeah it really does :smile:. Just a pitty most people seem to live miles away from me!

Original post by PandaWho
Pain still, just urghyness

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by tasha96
Things are looking up. :smile: Loving college but the 5am starts are killing me- I have a two and a half hour commute each way to college. :redface: So leaving the house at about 06.10 to catch the bus and not getting home till about 7.30 at night! :eek: I just need to get used to it I think. :colondollar: Also spoke to student support and they sorted stuff out for me- I have somewhere to go if things become unbearable in lectures and someone to meet with regularly to make sure things are going well.
Went back to music on Wednesday and it was awesome. :biggrin: First aid starts back up this week and I'm going to a party tomorrow evening. Me. At a party. Shocking I know. :tongue: Rainbows was brilliant- the new girls are really settling in! :smile: I'm meeting a couple of friends for coffee on Saturday and have a first aid duty on Sunday. Gaelic classes start in the next few weeks too! :woo: I'm incredibly blessed to have such a brilliant support network! :colondollar:

Sounds bloody busy!!
Glad you sound more upbeat though :smile:.

Original post by Odd socks
Yeah :/ I can attract people but they never stay because

Personal stuff in the spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

I'm just hungry ALL THE TIME, i can't wait to start work so i can actually get out of this house and stop eating so bloody much
Original post by tasha96

prsom :rolleyes:, so glad you have the support you need, thats a range of activities but they sound great, ooh Gaelic I love the music.
Have fun at the party tomorrow :smile:.

Latest