The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lel at u lot wanting song back and thinking higuain is a top top striker just lel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by angelfox
William Carvalho?

Wilshere's a quality player, I don't hate him.

In other news we've apparently been offered Falcao on loan for 20m Euros.

I heard that too, if it is £20mil I'd rather we didn't go for him tbh.

Any developments on Reus or Khedira, thought they might spark up a bit now champions league is gaarunteed
Original post by Numan786
Lel at u lot wanting song back and thinking higuain is a top top striker just lel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why wouldn't you want Song? Better than Arteta and Flam and Diaby... lel
Original post by leinad2012
Why wouldn't you want Song? Better than Arteta and Flam and Diaby... lel

Should be aiming higher than song

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Should be aiming higher than song

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you'd pick??

Problem is we've got too many good players in all positions but no outstanding players in any other than maybe Ramsey.

Why are we talking about Falcao on loan for £20mil? Surely thats not aiming high enough being mugged out of £20mil for a player for one season...
So you'd pick??

Problem is we've got too many good players in all positions but no outstanding players in any other than maybe Ramsey.

Why are we talking about Falcao on loan for £20mil? Surely thats not aiming high enough being mugged out of £20mil for a player for one season...

I never said we should get Falcao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
I never said we should get Falcao

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know but others are, which CDM would you go for?
What are the chances of a platinum with 0 away points getting tickets for dortmund away 16/9/14?
So you'd pick??

its Euros and we will probably make that much by just being in the CL. Not gonna happen though. Sokratis wont be coming either tbh.

Original post by AR_95
Rabiot is a very good prospect as far as I've heard. But it just seems like he's another B2B midfielder, so what's the point when we have Jack and Ramsey who are both very young?
I remember Ornstein saying that the CM we sign won't be a major name, but a squad player (Rabiot at 19 not exactly going to demand 1st team football/starting). I'm hearing his mum(agent) is unhappy with him staying at PSG anyway. Rabiot not a bad signing but do we really need him? I wouldn't say so.

I've seen him play in both holding and B2B roles, but he wouldn't be a pure DM at all, he's like Khedira in the sense that even though he's pretty big he just doesn't use his physical presence to push other players off the ball. He does have some mouth watering passes in him though from what i've seen on youtube (I know). Would be a big risk but would probably fill Artetas boots rather than a DM like big willy.

Cerci has asked to leave the club though, Torino board report
Still waiting for the post CL-qualification transfer rumour explosion.....

falcao for 20 million puts me in 2 minds..

I mean, he is good, and we need a striker..

But 20 million, jeeze..

Thats a lot just for a loan..

If it wins us the title, and then we buy reus linned up by march next year, it looks genius..

If we come 4th, and have no clear striker targets, it looks like wasted money..

Hmm

(No chance wenger will take it though, considering how tight he can be with funds)
how can people not want Falcao??

we have no recognised striker atm and people are turning down one of the best in the business. Also the 20mil includes his wages and you have to pay top dollar to get the best players in the current market.

If we get Falcao and possibly a quality holding mid, we are PL and CL contenders. However, with the current squad we'll end up finishing 4th and getting knocked out of the round of 16 in the CL again!
Original post by junaid95
how can people not want Falcao??

we have no recognised striker atm and people are turning down one of the best in the business. Also the 20mil includes his wages and you have to pay top dollar to get the best players in the current market.

If we get Falcao and possibly a quality holding mid, we are PL and CL contenders. However, with the current squad we'll end up finishing 4th and getting knocked out of the round of 16 in the CL again!

Did not realise it included wages tbh... that considered, id be in favour :smile:
Falcao for £20m including wages is a steal considering he'll pay for himself in our CL run. Alexis has already been paid for - thank you, Besiktas.

What happened to our huge cash reserves? £12m for Debuchy, £3m for Ospina, and £16m for Chambers = £31m. We have something like £150m+ sitting in a vault.

Splash the cash or it's Sanogo up front when Alexis gets injured; and buy a ****ing DM.
(edited 9 years ago)
Bayern signed Benatia so Javi Martinez could be available he can play at CDM/CB I feel loaning Falcao would be a statement however he not for us we need a player that can hold up the ball unfortunately sanogo injury prove so I reckon loaning LLorente or Mario Gomez could be decent. Don't forget we still have Walcott, Campbell, Alexis and Sanogo who can lead the line!
The draw doesn't surprise me. Three German clubs getting the same English opposition as last season's group stage (Leverkusen could not get Liverpool but it doesn't matter)
Original post by Stalin
Falcao for £20m including wages is a steal considering he'll pay for himself in our CL run. Alexis has already been paid for - thank you, Besiktas.

What happened to our huge cash reserves? £12m for Debuchy, £3m for Ospina, and £16m for Chambers = £31m. We have something like £150m+ sitting in a vault.

Splash the cash or it's Sanogo up front when Alexis gets injured; and buy a ****ing DM.

Don't forget Vermaelen was sold for £10 million and we got around £5 million for Fabregas and £8m for Vela :frown:
Original post by Obsidian440
Bayern signed Benatia so Javi Martinez could be available he can play at CDM/CB

I thought he was injured?
Original post by sr90
I thought he was injured?

He is indeed...it's the reason that defender was signed lmao
Looks like Falcao going to Real.

Benzema to Arsenal?

Latest