The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brown shuga
Someone asked for advice and I gave them, it is my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

I don't understand why you have an issue with that. I didn't mention any statistics, I just gave her a general advice.

Stop trying to create unfounded arguments and grow up, mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guys, get over it both entitled to your opinions stop debating about something that can go either way.okk how abouts we talk about the fact that Somalians do get degrees but they appear to not really pursue a career (as in their never seen working in professional careers ie teaching, doctors) even though they are qualified? Debate and argue on this cause am genuinely interested
Is anyone starting school/uni on the 1st/2nd september?
If so, i feel sorry for ya'll lol
Original post by Biryani007
I know! Aha and all the dream analysis stuff...how if your dream had a train in it it meant some next thing *vomits*
Thankfully I've never had a dream with a train in or any other weird objects he used in his theory :redface:
What was that little boy called again, the one that was scared of horses? The poor thing had a phobia of horses and Freud twisted the whole thing so much!

Little Hans pahaha. That kid was something else :rofl:
Ahh i miss my alevel psych class so much. Too much jokes we had :')
Original post by QueenSI
Guys, get over it both entitled to your opinions stop debating about something that can go either way.okk how abouts we talk about the fact that Somalians do get degrees but they appear to not really pursue a career (as in their never seen working in professional careers ie teaching, doctors) even though they are qualified? Debate and argue on this cause am genuinely interested

I've seen a lot of Somalis in those kinds of profession. My old business teacher in high school was a young Somali guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Secretnerd123

#AQApsychcheckinin.

I'm buzzing!
I choose :
History OCR
literature ocr
Economics aqa
psychology AQA

I can't wait to become a hijabi lawyer nom 'sayin like you. :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao did that kid actually say/do anything dodgy? :lol:
Ahhahaha I know same! My teacher was crazyyyyyyy! We used to have such a love hate relationship with her but she loved me ahah. She was begging me to stay on to do A2...even though I hadn't done the experiment and write up for A2 which you had to have done to carry on (because I knew I was dropping it) she told me she'd write one up for me if I stayed and I wouldn't have to do it :rofl:
Argh so many lovely/crazy/hilarious high school and college memories Alhamdulillah :biggrin:
Someone asked for advice and I gave them, it is my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

I don't understand why you have an issue with that. I didn't mention any statistics, I just gave her a general advice.

Stop trying to create unfounded arguments and grow up, mate.

That awkward moment when your view has no basis. I doubt it's even anecdotal. Grown up? When you claim "it's my opinion" and you can't even justify it. Lmao, do universities just accept anyone nowadays?

I haven't an issue with your crap excuse of an opinion.. just keep it to yourself if you know it holds no relevance to the real world. Play the victim card somewhere else. This is a forum and individuals like you who give misleading information need to be called out.

PGCE =/= Law
Original post by Abdul-Karim
That awkward moment when your view has no basis. I doubt it's even anecdotal. Grown up? When you claim "it's my opinion" and you can't even justify it. Lmao, do universities just accept anyone nowadays?

I haven't an issue with your crap excuse of an opinion.. just keep it to yourself if you know it holds no relevance to the real world. Play the victim card somewhere else. This is a forum and individuals like you who give misleading information need to be called out.

PGCE =/= Law

Haha you are so funny, thanks for making me laugh :biggrin:

Lama sheekaysto iyo ciyaalka Saaxiib

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QueenSI

*somalis

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maturity at its finest.
Original post by QueenSI

Recently though, I've seen more Somalis working in a professional careers. For example, at my sister's school there are two somali young science teachers. It is probably due the fact that the majority of Somalis immigrated to the UK to the last decade so most of their children are graduating nowadays.

But, In sha Allah, hopefully there will be more Somalis in these careers. What are your thoughts on it?

Btw, he is not Somali in case you didn't know :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
#AQApsychcheckinin.

I'm buzzing!
I choose :
History OCR
literature ocr
Economics aqa
psychology AQA

I can't wait to become a hijabi lawyer nom 'sayin like you. :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont wanna become a lawyer boo. I told you i'm gonna be a teacher inshaAllah :biggrin:

I wish u did psychology ocr. Its 10x more interesting than the aqa syllabus

Original post by Biryani007
Lmao did that kid actually say/do anything dodgy? :lol:
Ahhahaha I know same! My teacher was crazyyyyyyy! We used to have such a love hate relationship with her but she loved me ahah. She was begging me to stay on to do A2...even though I hadn't done the experiment and write up for A2 which you had to have done to carry on (because I knew I was dropping it) she told me she'd write one up for me if I stayed and I wouldn't have to do it :rofl:
Argh so many lovely/crazy/hilarious high school and college memories Alhamdulillah :biggrin:

The part when his mum was giving him a bath and he asked her to touch his *cough* and she said "Hans its not proper!" made me LOL so much! He was like 6. He acted like he was an adult. He may have been innocent though and freud completely misinterpreted the whole thing :lol:

Haha aw. I had an amazing teacher too. He was quite good looking, hilarious at times and was a little posh so he had quite a few admirers :giggle: . He just made psychology 10x more interesting and hes the reason I want to do it at uni and become a teacher as he inspired me :colondollar: he left that college the same time we finished so i was happy that he didn't leave before we finished year13. I miss all my teachers at college :cry2:

High was awesome (well only year 10&11) but I preferred college as i came out of my shell alot more and it was a great experience
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by QueenSI
Yupp. A daughter has sexual tendencies towards her dad :afraid: and a son has sexual tendencies towards the mum.

And his theory is something that cannot be tested and something that he didn't test himself which is the main reason there are many critics as there is no proof???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone starting school/uni on the 1st/2nd september?
If so, i feel sorry for ya'll lol

I'm starting on the 8th this year, not looking forward to it, considering as I used to start at the end of September usually. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Waa ciyaal suuq. Iska dee :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JuliusSeizure

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao! Tell me about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maturity at its finest.

Thank you :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm starting on the 8th this year, not looking forward to it, considering as I used to start at the end of September usually. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I start on the 16th but have to enrol a few days earlier.
Im gonna make a student account tomorrow. Everyone has already made one but the annoying woman who works at the bank didn't accept my ucas confirmation letter. I phoned ucas and they said shes wrong so im gonna go back again. #stress lol

If i ask for a student overdraft at the bank, will they give it to me then and there btw?
Lmao! Tell me about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by JuliusSeizure

Posted from TSR Mobile

You both need to stop talking about him in somali. Hes your muslim brother and a long-standing member of this society so you shouldn't insult him in a language he doesn't understand. Its not fair

Maturity at its finest.

and you -

Just drop it now
(edited 9 years ago)
I start on the 16th but have to enrol a few days earlier.
Im gonna make a student account tomorrow. Everyone has already made one but the annoying woman who works at the bank didn't accept my ucas confirmation letter. I phoned ucas and they said shes wrong so im gonna go back again. #stress lol

If i ask for a student overdraft at the bank, will they give it to me then and there btw?

Haha, some banks are good with student account. Have you tried lloyds Tsb or HSBC yet? They normally for a letter which confirms your unconditional place. Ladies at the bank can be annoying sometimes lol.

As long as you show them that some kind of regular income on your count, they should be able to implement an overdraft plan on your account :smile: that is how my bank works, so not sure about other branches.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending