The Student Room Group

Anyone know how to lighten hair naturally

Tried lemon tried honey
Didn't work

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You can get 'go blonder' shampoo/conditioner from John Frieda which my friend says does work, or I've seen some new L'oreal 'jelly' stuff?
Reply 2
Original post by effwild
You can get 'go blonder' shampoo/conditioner from John Frieda which my friend says does work, or I've seen some new L'oreal 'jelly' stuff?

Yeah but that won't work on black hair will it?
For black hair, try coffee

I want to make my hair darker haha
Reply 4
Original post by daisychain_
For black hair, try coffee

I want to make my hair darker haha

Lol won't coffee make it darker
and what do I do with the coffee
Original post by cchocolate
Lol won't coffee make it darker
and what do I do with the coffee

Yes i was suggesting you use coffee to lighten your hair.

Just soak your hair in it, leave it for 15 minutes then wash your hair
Reply 6
Definitely Camomile
Or cacao

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much lighter are you trying to go?
Reply 8
Things like lemon, honey and chamomile only work to lighten blonde or light brown hair and even then the result is subtle. How much lighter do you want to go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Theres a john freida spray go blonder which has a little bit of peroxide in, so its not totally natural, but it works without dyeing? And for darker hair, coffee can make it a lighter brown

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by gemmam
Things like lemon, honey and chamomile only work to lighten blonde or light brown hair and even then the result is subtle. How much lighter do you want to go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like medium brown
Reply 11
Original post by Jezebelle
How much lighter are you trying to go?

Like medium brown
tried chamomile didn't work either
Reply 12
Like medium brown

You'd need to use something with peroxide for that much of a change, natural methods of lightening hair only do it slightly.
How long have you been trying these remedies? It takes at least a few good weeks (normally months) to see results.
Reply 14
Original post by gemmam
You'd need to use something with peroxide for that much of a change, natural methods of lightening hair only do it slightly.

Can you be allergic to peroxide though
Reply 15
Can you be allergic to peroxide though

Some people have reactions to dye yes, so its recommend to do a patch test (either behind the ear or inner arm) at least 48 hours before you plan to dye your hair. Its also probably best to go to a professional or at least do a strand test if you plan to do this as peroxide can turn dark hair orangey if you're not careful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure but I've heard henna can work although you should research this before you do it...
Honey will never make your hair lighter. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

You can never EVER make black hair medium brown without dying it. It's chemically impossible to alter hair that much without removing colour from it.
Sit in the sun like a noob
Reply 19
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Honey will never make your hair lighter. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

You can never EVER make black hair medium brown without dying it. It's chemically impossible to alter hair that much without removing colour from it.

Honey can lighten hair as it has peroxide in it. Of course the results aren't going to be very noticeable:

http://www.lelalondon.com/2013/10/natural-hair-lightening-honey/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending