The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Won't be able to enrol on my pgce course without my maths gcse but AQA are refusing to update me as to how long that's going to take. I have until next Friday for it to turn up before I lose my place :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cantthinkofname
My problems are probably worse then yours but you're too obtuse to realize other peoples emotions and how a stupid comment you posted just doesn't even amount to a big problem like me and others have. I leave everything tomorrow everything my country my family and I won't see them for ages and this happens every year.

I don't care what you have to say but for the future stop being so dramatic and feeling sorry for yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is absolutely ****ing disgusting. That's not how we do it on this thread, so you can either play by the rules or **** off quite frankly. Members here are too important to be upset by comments like this. Take your pick.
angry, anxious, very very very anxious.
The best thing about this thread is that people don't judge. My issues are absolutely nothing compared to some in here, but that doesn't matter, I still feel welcome. It doesn't matter what people's problems are or how trivial they may seem.
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Won't be able to enrol on my pgce course without my maths gcse but AQA are refusing to update me as to how long that's going to take. I have until next Friday for it to turn up before I lose my place :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:grouphugs:
Reply 1645
Original post by Cantthinkofname
My problems are probably worse then yours but you're too obtuse to realize other peoples emotions and how a stupid comment you posted just doesn't even amount to a big problem like me and others have. I leave everything tomorrow everything my country my family and I won't see them for ages and this happens every year.

I don't care what you have to say but for the future stop being so dramatic and feeling sorry for yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's rude, unhelpful and downright mean comments like that which make some people with MH issues or personal issues scared to open up.

Everyone has their own stuff going on and the main point of this thread is to support and help each other through our day to day lives. I'm sorry you're going through things too but it doesn't make your stuff more deserving than others and it certainly doesn't justify your rude replies to SweetNothing.

The people on this thread are amazing and helpful and you've managed to alienate us by your comments.

We don't put down other people's problems and I hope you can see just how rude your comment was.... You owe SweetNothing an apology for your replies to them, and if you do, I hope it's meaningful and you understand what we have all said and respect people on the thread. If not, it would best if you stopped posting.
(edited 9 years ago)
I've been struggling so hard with my sociology module due to spies and voices etc. Spoke to my tutor and she's deferred it for next year. What a huge relief!!!

Off to DIsneyworld with boyfriend and family, can now looking forward to it without stress :smile:
Original post by lauraaaaa
That is absolutely ****ing disgusting. That's not how we do it on this thread, so you can either play by the rules or **** off quite frankly. Members here are too important to be upset by comments like this. Take your pick.

feisty one you are. :tongue: G'WON Laura.
That's the thing with us who have anxiety disorders, everyone else thinks we're all quiet and timid. Then you piss us off by upsetting a friend, and jesus, we can quite happily end them.
Thnk I managed to break my little finger last night at work. Still absolutely batters, and I swear down it doesn't look right.
Reply 1648

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: I really hope It turns up. Is there anyway your course can make an exception? Maybe email/ ring and say something like, while you haven't lied about having a Maths GCSE, you'll enrol at your own risk and if the course are not satisfied with the certificate once you receive it, you'll withdraw from the course.

Quite dramatic, I know, but it kind of removes the obligation and responsibility from them to let you stay on the course (I think).

However, have faith it'll turn up. I'm assuming you'll have looked everywhere. Maybe you misplaced it when applying for the current job you have? If you showed them your certificate you might have put it in a different place than normal?
Just woken up late. Wow. I usually never wake up past 9 even if I go to sleep at 4. My body clock's broken :frown:.
Thankfully, it's the hols.
Original post by .snowflake.
feisty one you are. :tongue: G'WON Laura.
That's the thing with us who have anxiety disorders, everyone else thinks we're all quiet and timid. Then you piss us off by upsetting a friend, and jesus, we can quite happily end them.
Thnk I managed to break my little finger last night at work. Still absolutely batters, and I swear down it doesn't look right.

Sorry :lol: I'm sick of people playing the 'my problems are more important than yours' game. This is a place of ANYONE with ANYTHING related to mental health. Hell I know people on here have been through soooo much more than me, but I'm still welcome here! I am quiet, and generally quite shy, but, piss me off and you'll sure as hell know about it!

The most they'll do at the hospital is strap it up, so do you have some tissue to put in between your little finger and the fourth one and some plasters to wrap them together? :smile:
Original post by keromedic
Just woken up late. Wow. I usually never wake up past 9 even if I go to sleep at 4. My body clock's broken :frown:.
Thankfully, it's the hols.

Mine's broken too! and I LOVE your picture of the kitty :biggrin:
Original post by hellokittymad
Mine's broken too! and I LOVE your picture of the kitty :biggrin:

:console:

Thanks :smile:. It's not mine or anything but yea, it's cute :smile:.
Having an alright day?
:console:

Thanks :smile:. It's not mine or anything but yea, it's cute :smile:.
Having an alright day?

you're very welcome, erm...a very stressful, anxiety full day...packing for university, yuck! it's causing me to freak out a lot!
you're very welcome, erm...a very stressful, anxiety full day...packing for university, yuck! it's causing me to freak out a lot!

Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that :frown:. Why are you packing so early?

My anxiety used to cause my asthma attacks. My gran would shout at me then I'd find it hard to breathe and go into a severe coughing fit bringing up mucus.
Aaaaagh prewashing pretty fabrics for sewing is terrifying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Have you explained what's going on to your uni/college? Hopefully it'll be a non-issue, but I think luno's given some good advice. :smile:

angry, anxious, very very very anxious.

Don't remember seeing you around before. :wavey: Is it anything in particular you're anxious about, or one of those general overriding feelings? :console:

Original post by WelshBluebird
The best thing about this thread is that people don't judge. My issues are absolutely nothing compared to some in here, but that doesn't matter, I still feel welcome. It doesn't matter what people's problems are or how trivial they may seem.

:yep:

Original post by Noodlzzz
I've been struggling so hard with my sociology module due to spies and voices etc. Spoke to my tutor and she's deferred it for next year. What a huge relief!!!

Off to DIsneyworld with boyfriend and family, can now looking forward to it without stress :smile:

:jumphug: Have fun at Disneyworld! And that's good news about the module - I'm sure you'll do great next year. :smile:
ED trigger warning

Spoiler

gonna transfer some savings into my bank account and go shopping. no clothes august is out of the window. need some new stationery and jeans and shoes and i just need to forget for a couple hours.
Original post by luno
:console: I really hope It turns up. Is there anyway your course can make an exception? Maybe email/ ring and say something like, while you haven't lied about having a Maths GCSE, you'll enrol at your own risk and if the course are not satisfied with the certificate once you receive it, you'll withdraw from the course.

Quite dramatic, I know, but it kind of removes the obligation and responsibility from them to let you stay on the course (I think).

However, have faith it'll turn up. I'm assuming you'll have looked everywhere. Maybe you misplaced it when applying for the current job you have? If you showed them your certificate you might have put it in a different place than normal?

I'm praying it appears soon. I didn't have it to start with - it was sent to an address I moved out of and I was too ill at the time so didn't chase it up. I've emailed the college to see if they can confirm my results to see if that'll buy me time with uni.

My uni is aware of the situation and they're seeing what they can do but they're not sure if there is anything since it's a national requirement.

I enrol next Friday which will be the 22nd working day since it was acknowledged by AQA and they said it'll be a maximum of 28 working days so it'll probably only be a week late :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that :frown:. Why are you packing so early?

My anxiety used to cause my asthma attacks. My gran would shout at me then I'd find it hard to breathe and go into a severe coughing fit bringing up mucus.

I leave in 22 days and I need to feel prepared [I've got autism and NVLD] so packing a bit each day. My anxiety causes asthma attacks too it's really scary sometimes xx
Feeling really demoralised. **** my sleep pattern. If I could gave just slept properly this week I'd probably be in the clear. Now I think I'm screwed.

Latest