The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superwolf

Don't remember seeing you around before. :wavey: Is it anything in particular you're anxious about, or one of those general overriding feelings? :console:

oh whoops I missed this! Hi!! I'm Hanner (: and i'm anxious about university and all the change and all the new people and all the noise and chaos that comes with it and packing and budgeting is stressing me out so much!! xx
Original post by hellokittymad
I leave in 22 days and I need to feel prepared [I've got autism and NVLD] so packing a bit each day. My anxiety causes asthma attacks too it's really scary sometimes xx

Oh alright, I see. That makes sense :smile:. I can sympathise (aspie here).
Oh no :hugs:.
Hey guys!

Hope you're all alright. :smile:

Still trying to implement changes to improve myself but finding it hard to start.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Team_McDreamy
ED trigger warning

Spoiler

gonna transfer some savings into my bank account and go shopping. no clothes august is out of the window. need some new stationery and jeans and shoes and i just need to forget for a couple hours.

Spoiler

oh whoops I missed this! Hi!! I'm Hanner (: and i'm anxious about university and all the change and all the new people and all the noise and chaos that comes with it and packing and budgeting is stressing me out so much!! xx

Welcome to the society. :smile: Yeah, uni can be pretty stressful, but remember that everyone will be in the same boat, and there's plenty of help available if you ask for it. Like if you struggle with finances, speak to someone at your student union, or ask on here and there'll be people who're only too happy to help you sort a budget out.

Can't say I envy you with the packing though - it's one of my least favourite activities! :tongue:
Original post by senz72
Hey guys!

Hope you're all alright. :smile:

Still trying to implement changes to improve myself but finding it hard to start.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey senz. :smile: What is it you're trying to change about yourself? Maybe make a list of things you could try and achieve, and then start with the easiest bit first?
Hey senz. :smile: What is it you're trying to change about yourself? Maybe make a list of things you could try and achieve, and then start with the easiest bit first?

To be honest, I'm looking to change a lot about myself. I think I really need to cut it down into manageable steps. Trying to find a social anxiety support group in York but there aren't none.

----

P.S do you actually have a bunny phobia?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome to the society. :smile: Yeah, uni can be pretty stressful, but remember that everyone will be in the same boat, and there's plenty of help available if you ask for it. Like if you struggle with finances, speak to someone at your student union, or ask on here and there'll be people who're only too happy to help you sort a budget out.

Can't say I envy you with the packing though - it's one of my least favourite activities! :tongue:

I don't like packing i get really confused by the whole thing, I'm sort of half way through and going through what I need to take [meds included] but, I totally forgot to tell the uni i have seizures! The uni are great though the totally get it and are really good with support and stuff just panicky about leaving xx

Original post by keromedic
Oh alright, I see. That makes sense :smile:. I can sympathise (aspie here).
Oh no :hugs:.

Yay! I thought I was the only one who was autistic (:
buying a **** tonne of food to cheer myself up. I don't wanna go to work :frown:

Spoiler

Spoiler

also - unrelated, but theres a radio advert that keeps being played on Classic FM about house fires and its a little song about extension cords and electronics and house fires, and it plays exactly into my anxiety about my security in my house! its ridiculous but i do genuinely panic when i hear that advert and i end up having to check all my plugs and sockets...
Original post by Cantthinkofname
My problems are probably worse then yours but you're too obtuse to realize other peoples emotions and how a stupid comment you posted just doesn't even amount to a big problem like me and others have. I leave everything tomorrow everything my country my family and I won't see them for ages and this happens every year.

I don't care what you have to say but for the future stop being so dramatic and feeling sorry for yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm done trying to be nice with you, you're a rude individual who only thinks of themselves. "My problems are probably worse than yours" You're most likely wrong but i'll let you think that because I think you're one of these people who like to have a pity party for themselves and when one person says something you're straight in there to make it a competition of "who's life is worse". Do you know my life? Do you know about my problems? No. So how do you know your problems are worse than mine? You don't so shut up and get back to the hole from which you came. I added that tiny tiny part of my life because I had previously mentioned about getting a dog in earlier posts, yet you failed to notice that you just jumped straight in for the attack with your "some peoples problems are worse". You said you don't care what I say .. yet you replied to try and make me feel bad, but you failed, I just feel sorry for you for being an angry individual who has to come on online forums and criticize other peoples problems to try and make yourself feel better. Also, "stop being so dramatic and feeling sorry for yourself" I think that's you the one doing that you idiot.

For the future, I think you need to let go of some tension you hold and become a nicer person, have a nice day :smile:

Edit - Hope you have a nice time in England :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by senz72
To be honest, I'm looking to change a lot about myself. I think I really need to cut it down into manageable steps. Trying to find a social anxiety support group in York but there aren't none.

----

P.S do you actually have a bunny phobia?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Have you tried asking local/national charities, your GP, uni (can't remember if you're still at uni?), plus searching online?

Totally. :ninja: It's the ears. :ninja: :ninja: And the carrots. :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: To say nothing of their fluffy tails. :bunny:

I don't like packing i get really confused by the whole thing, I'm sort of half way through and going through what I need to take [meds included] but, I totally forgot to tell the uni i have seizures! The uni are great though the totally get it and are really good with support and stuff just panicky about leaving xx

Yeah, same here. :colondollar: Making a list is a good idea sometimes, and then you can check over with other people if you've missed anything out. :smile:

Glad to hear your uni is so supportive, I hope you have a great time once you're there. :biggrin:

Original post by lauraaaaa
buying a **** tonne of food to cheer myself up. I don't wanna go to work :frown:

:hugs:

Spoiler

also - unrelated, but theres a radio advert that keeps being played on Classic FM about house fires and its a little song about extension cords and electronics and house fires, and it plays exactly into my anxiety about my security in my house! its ridiculous but i do genuinely panic when i hear that advert and i end up having to check all my plugs and sockets...

Spoiler

Right. You know what your biggest problem actually is? YOU. Read back what you've written. Now try and imagine someone had said that to you, in what is supposed to be a supportive environment, a safe place for people. Notice the choice of words, such as 'stupid' and 'obtuse'. Take a good long look at the last sentence in particular, the one about being dramatic and sorry for yourself. You're not leaving your family forever, you see them every year. We have people on here whose family members have abandoned them, or died, or abused them in horrible ways. And you know what? Not one of them goes about telling people that their problems rank higher or lower in some imaginary table of suffering.

Learn some manners, learn to respect other people's problems, and until you do don't come back.

Original post by lauraaaaa
That is absolutely ****ing disgusting. That's not how we do it on this thread, so you can either play by the rules or **** off quite frankly. Members here are too important to be upset by comments like this. Take your pick.

These comments made me happy :tongue:
Original post by SweetNothing
These comments made me happy :tongue:

:biggrin: :jumphug:
:biggrin: :jumphug:

:jumphug: You sure told him!
there is a huge amount of flapping going on iin my house right now, i need to sort through my books and know what ones i'm taking then its maybe a step forward in the right direction.

i'm very excited to go as i have a very supportive uni but i am also very anxious but i'm hopeful that with support [off people on this thread and off of it] i can get through my degree and do my MA and make a life for myself.

ive only been on this thread ten minutes and i already feel better about being who i am even with the disorders, disabilities and mental health issues, so, thank you to the lot of you for making me feel welcomes

:bubbles:
:hugs: Have you tried asking local/national charities, your GP, uni (can't remember if you're still at uni?), plus searching online?

Totally. :ninja: It's the ears. :ninja: :ninja: And the carrots. :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: To say nothing of their fluffy tails. :bunny:

Might just do that. Thanks. Hopefully they have emails otherwise I'm screwed.

Well if you have any tips please let us know because I scream loudly whenever a rabbit or a dog or a cat is in close proximity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
there is a huge amount of flapping going on iin my house right now, i need to sort through my books and know what ones i'm taking then its maybe a step forward in the right direction.

i'm very excited to go as i have a very supportive uni but i am also very anxious but i'm hopeful that with support [off people on this thread and off of it] i can get through my degree and do my MA and make a life for myself.

ive only been on this thread ten minutes and i already feel better about being who i am even with the disorders, disabilities and mental health issues, so, thank you to the lot of you for making me feel welcomes

:bubbles:

Sounds like you've got a great attitude, and with that you'll go far (especially if you stick with us :wink:).

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Cantthinkofname
My problems are probably worse then yours but you're too obtuse to realize other peoples emotions and how a stupid comment you posted just doesn't even amount to a big problem like me and others have. I leave everything tomorrow everything my country my family and I won't see them for ages and this happens every year.

I don't care what you have to say but for the future stop being so dramatic and feeling sorry for yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow wow wow. Dude, that is NOT cool. Don't take out your anger on other people on this thread :mad:

As others have said, kindly leave until you've learnt some empathy, sympathy and basic manners :mob:

Original post by Odd socks

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by tasha96
Things are looking up. :smile: Loving college but the 5am starts are killing me- I have a two and a half hour commute each way to college. :redface: So leaving the house at about 06.10 to catch the bus and not getting home till about 7.30 at night! :eek: I just need to get used to it I think. :colondollar: Also spoke to student support and they sorted stuff out for me- I have somewhere to go if things become unbearable in lectures and someone to meet with regularly to make sure things are going well.
Went back to music on Wednesday and it was awesome. :biggrin: First aid starts back up this week and I'm going to a party tomorrow evening. Me. At a party. Shocking I know. :tongue: Rainbows was brilliant- the new girls are really settling in! :smile: I'm meeting a couple of friends for coffee on Saturday and have a first aid duty on Sunday. Gaelic classes start in the next few weeks too! :woo: I'm incredibly blessed to have such a brilliant support network! :colondollar:

Yay! So glad things are looking up for you, lovely :hugs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Latest