The Student Room Group

TSR Hindu Society

Scroll to see replies

Can everyone pray for my results day tomorrow? A fellow Hindu here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1181
Original post by walkers38
Can everyone pray for my results day tomorrow? A fellow Hindu here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whatever will happen, will happen for the best :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I'm a hindu and was born a hindu but I need some help I'm conflicted about religion for some reason even though I was born a hindu (im from england parents from Gujarat I can speak Gujarat) I know we don't believe in heaven and hell but I read that Christians and Muslims believe we go to hell for believing in millions of gods. It scares me is this true and if I don't believe in the millions of gods can I still call myself a hindu?
Im a hindu and just to let everyone know that being a hindu is about respecting all sides of God. Dont be ashamed of being a hindu...even if people judge you lol
Original post by SunDun111
Hi I'm a hindu and was born a hindu but I need some help I'm conflicted about religion for some reason even though I was born a hindu (im from england parents from Gujarat I can speak Gujarat) I know we don't believe in heaven and hell but I read that Christians and Muslims believe we go to hell for believing in millions of gods. It scares me is this true and if I don't believe in the millions of gods can I still call myself a hindu?

hey woah woah millions of Gods? Hinuds believe in one God...we dont have millions of Gods...even e.g. lord Shiva is Lord Krishna... just different sides to one God. Christians and muslims unfortunately condemn people to hell...we dont :smile:
Original post by GEEKHELP
hey woah woah millions of Gods? Hinuds believe in one God...we dont have millions of Gods...even e.g. lord Shiva is Lord Krishna... just different sides to one God. Christians and muslims unfortunately condemn people to hell...we dont :smile:

I feel like the Christians and the Islamic beliefs is scaring me into believing what they believe about god although I've been educated about hinduism I'm even part of sangh what if we do go to hell even though we've done nothing wrong yet been moral humans
Original post by GEEKHELP

I feel like the Christians and the Islamic beliefs is scaring me into believing what they believe about god although I've been educated about hinduism I'm even part of sangh what if we do go to hell even though we've done nothing wrong yet been moral humans

:lol: Before anyone "scares" you into believing anything, remember that Hinduism is the first and worlds oldest religion that doesn't have a set of rules that keep you strapped against modern society. We are adapatable, whereas others are not. Nor do we condem people or threathen them with human concepts of hell and heaven.
Earth is both heaven and hell depending on your karma.
Moksha is the closest concept we get to "heaven" but even that is shady as we have souls that go there and merge in with god since we are gods creation.

Our religion is much more complex that abc "don't drink, cover up your face, don't wear more than 1 fiber of cloth"

And these videos are so amazing! Watch this instead of some crappy tv show for 30 minutes, you will learn so much!
http://www.gitaclass.org/Chapter_1.html
[video="youtube;OkSSKz4gGps"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkSSKz4gGps[/video]
Original post by chocolatesauce
Where I come from the caste system only matters when it comes to marriage however this belief is dying out quickly and nobody really cares anymore :smile:

Yes caste matter , only low caste untouchables don't care....
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ackanol
Yes caste matter , only low caste untouchables don't care....

In a way the caste system can be blamed for poor achievement and bad reputation eg the untouchables
Reply 1189

Sounds like you don't know much, if anything about any of the religions you've mentioned.

Being afraid of Islam and Christianity saying we'll all go to hell is stupid. They are irrational beliefs of the highest order.

Does that mean all human beings were sinners before their religions were invented and went to hell?

Did their God create humans just to worship him? If so, would you worship such a loser?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
Sounds like you don't know much, if anything about any of the religions you've mentioned.

Being afraid of Islam and Christianity saying we'll all go to hell is stupid. They are irrational beliefs of the highest order.

Does that mean all human beings were sinners before their religions were invented and went to hell?

Did their God create humans just to worship him? If so, would you worship such a loser?

Posted from TSR Mobile
guess I don't I'm quite young an never really cared about religion even though I was hindu I just led a life that was to enjoy it was much as possible while also helping others on the way but when I heard that these two religions think I'm destined for hell just shook me up a bit
Reply 1191
guess I don't I'm quite young an never really cared about religion even though I was hindu I just led a life that was to enjoy it was much as possible while also helping others on the way but when I heard that these two religions think I'm destined for hell just shook me up a bit

That's fine, no need to be religious anyway imo, I'm not.

But you just need to see that both of those religions, are exceptionally irrational and genuinely make no sense.

Either way, the oldest of those religions is 2000 years old. Before then, all humans were practicing bull**** and everyone must have gone to hell. That's the type of illogical, broken logic.

One example of irrationality is God making the Earth in 6 days... But resting on the seventh. The great God himself decided to take a rest on the seventh day? Further on from that, many Christians believe the Earth is 6000 years old...

Not to mention their convoluted method of Prophet and holy book. The Bible has been changed millions of times since its production and many say the Caliph Courts had standardised the Qu'ran thereby eliminating different copies.

The list is endless for those religions. Their concept of hell is also beyond ridiculous.

The truth is, nobody actually knows. And if they say they do, they're a liar.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Guren
:

And these videos are so amazing! Watch this instead of some crappy tv show for 30 minutes, you will learn so much!
http://www.gitaclass.org/Chapter_1.html
[video="youtube;OkSSKz4gGps"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkSSKz4gGps[/video]

Indeed these videos very informative:http://www.gitaclass.org/Chapter_1.html

Rig veda: 1.164.46-truth is one though sages know it by different names.--I.e. we r not born robots but individuals who will follow our own path.
Advice not to worry about others saying u will go to hell, be at peace with your path.
no caste system in Vedas, simple fact.:http://agniveer.com/series/caste-series/

B.GiTA 10.20-god resides in hearts of all beings-- i.e. accept your fellow humans,.
b.g. 5.18- Look upon all people with the equal eye.

Regardless of what profession, each profession has dignity of labour. so in office we say good morning to big boss and cleaner. If it comes to marriage , then what their paysacle is , is not the condition but whether they will fit together.
My caste: Hindu/human

Our millions of gods are pretty much incarnations of a god. For example Vishnu bhagvan incarnated into ram and Krishna and so on. Nobody really knows all the gods. Its impossible.
Ganapati bapa moria! :smile:

There are many forms of God but everything leads to the One. You can call yourself a Hindu, if you believe in millions of gods, or none at all. God is in everything and anything.
"Just as the river leads into the sea, so all forms of worship eventually find me".
Hinduism has a very rich history. I advise you to start reading hindu mythology with commentary. The great thing about hinduism is that there is no one right way-you can respectfully disagree with the view of priests without being called blasphemous, it is practised in different ways in different parts of india.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sellerofdreams
There are many forms of God but everything leads to the One. You can call yourself a Hindu, if you believe in millions of gods, or none at all. God is in everything and anything.
"Just as the river leads into the sea, so all forms of worship eventually find me".
Hinduism has a very rich history. I advise you to start reading hindu mythology with commentary. The great thing about hinduism is that there is no one right way-you can respectfully disagree with the view of priests without being called blasphemous, it is practised in different ways in different parts of india.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: I doubt that, how can you call yourself Hindu if you don't pray to any god/s?
Original post by Guren
:lol: I doubt that, how can you call yourself Hindu if you don't pray to any god/s?

There is a very old atheist hindu tradition. There are parts in the vedas which are very agnostic/atheist in nature. It's more a way of life than a religion. Having said that, I do pray to god.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism_in_Hinduism

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sellerofdreams
There is a very old atheist hindu tradition. There are parts in the vedas which are very agnostic/atheist in nature. It's more a way of life than a religion. Having said that, I do pray to god.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism_in_Hinduism

Posted from TSR Mobile

I read that link and they have bascially changed the label of god to higher being, and their are branches like buddhism, but we all know he was a reincarnation of Lord Vishnu, so their isn't really much argument. It justs seems counter productive to do that.
Nothing wrong with living a good honest life, it's all lables at the end of the day, just don't like it when people misuse it.

"The early Mimamsa not only did not accept God but said that human action itself was enough to create the necessary circumstances for the enjoyment of its fruits.[17]
Samkhya is an atheistic[18] and strongly dualistic[19][20] orthodox (Astika) school of Indian philosophy. The earliest surviving authoritative text on classical Samkhya philosophy is the Samkhyakarika (c. 350–450 CE) of Iśvarakṛṣṇa.[14]:63 The Samkhyakarika accepts the notion of higher selves or perfected beings but rejects the notion of God.[21]"
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending