The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton Firmers 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by uttisc
If you haven't had accommodation offer, ring up. Got mine 2 hours after ringing :smile: Monte 2

What did you say to them? I called up about 11 today and haven't heard:frown:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 461
I have just been offered Romero :smile: I have no idea where it is but I am glad to be offered a room :smile: Anyone else going there ?
Guys, how do we (who haven't been offered our accommodation yet) enroll? There isn't really a clear way to enroll without entering my term time address, which, obviously to my annoyance, I do not have.......:frown: :colonhash:
Did anyone receive an welcome email?

When do we create an IT account by? What about the other steps??

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 464
Original post by Jaydude
Did anyone receive an welcome email?

When do we create an IT account by? What about the other steps??

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey you can apply for an IT account now i'm not sure when the deadline is but its better to get it over and done with i guess, they should have emailed a link to enroll yourself online.
Original post by FlyHigh_er
wow, i got mayflower yesterday, but i'm changing to romero :biggrin:

how did you change accommodation? I really wanted Mayflower but I was offered Wessex Lane..): Who did you contact in order to do this?
Original post by eawilliams
how did you change accommodation? I really wanted Mayflower but I was offered Wessex Lane..): Who did you contact in order to do this?

i just called up to say that i wanted somewhere else, my excuse was that i wanted something cheaper but i guess that wont work for you so just ask if they have spaces in mayflower and they'll tell you. why would you want mayflower over wessex lane anyway?
Reply 467
Original post by kje0395
I have just been offered Romero :smile: I have no idea where it is but I am glad to be offered a room :smile: Anyone else going there ?

I am in Romero too!
Got as far as the higher education section of the online enrolment, but my Sixth Form/High School is not an option in the drop box. Therefore I cannot proceed
Any ideas??:s-smilie:
i just called up to say that i wanted somewhere else, my excuse was that i wanted something cheaper but i guess that wont work for you so just ask if they have spaces in mayflower and they'll tell you. why would you want mayflower over wessex lane anyway?

I already know people at mayflower thats all
I already know people at mayflower thats all

i supposed :smile: did they have spaces then?
Original post by uttisc
If you haven't had accommodation offer, ring up. Got mine 2 hours after ringing :smile: Monte 2

I'm in monte 3!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i supposed :smile: did they have spaces then?

Their lines aren't open on the weekends unfortunately so I'm going to try tomorrow! It's worth a go, since the room I'm being offered at Monte is the same price as an ensuite in Mayflower........
Are any other economics students gonna be at mayflower?
Original post by Loujayben
Got as far as the higher education section of the online enrolment, but my Sixth Form/High School is not an option in the drop box. Therefore I cannot proceed
Any ideas??:s-smilie:

"If you have any queries, or experience any difficulty during enrolment, please contact us:
Enrolment Helpline: +44 (0) 23 8059 8888 (lines open 09.00-17.00 UK time)
Email: [email protected]"

If in doubt leave it blank if it will let you - if you applied through UCAS then they'll send through that info anyway
Their lines aren't open on the weekends unfortunately so I'm going to try tomorrow! It's worth a go, since the room I'm being offered at Monte is the same price as an ensuite in Mayflower........

a lot of people have been offered rooms they dont like/cant afford, but i know people have called up and there are few places left apparently and none of them cheap but i guess you should try for mayflower :smile:
Does anyone know where to access what books we will need to buy and read?
I'm doing English and Philosophy (QV35)

Thank you!
Reply 477
Original post by JordanSavedLatin
Does anyone know where to access what books we will need to buy and read?
I'm doing English and Philosophy (QV35)

Thank you!

Hey :smile: I don't think we find out until we arrive at the uni and collect reading lists- then we either buy online or from the uni shop. I thought they'd send out emails of the lists but I don't think they are now. Just a waiting game :smile:
Original post by kezzajezza96
Hey :smile: I don't think we find out until we arrive at the uni and collect reading lists- then we either buy online or from the uni shop. I thought they'd send out emails of the lists but I don't think they are now. Just a waiting game :smile:

Oh, that's quite disappointing. I was keen to have read everything I would be studying prior to starting haha, luckily I am familiar with some texts I'm certain I'll be studying.

Thank you :cool:
Reply 479
Original post by JordanSavedLatin
Oh, that's quite disappointing. I was keen to have read everything I would be studying prior to starting haha, luckily I am familiar with some texts I'm certain I'll be studying.

Thank you :cool:

Your welcome :smile: yeah I was the same- hoped to have read through most of my course texts early :/ thing us though that a lot of people have said that you often don't actually need all of the listed books anyway because you only use a small section and copies can be found in libraries etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending