The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

One week left ... I wish I'd done all the work at the start of the holidays so I could enjoy this last week but of course I didn't do it so here I am stressed and procrastinating as usual.
Reply 1361
Original post by Fuenciado
One week left ... I wish I'd done all the work at the start of the holidays so I could enjoy this last week but of course I didn't do it so here I am stressed and procrastinating as usual.

:five:
Original post by overthelove
I've started mine :smile: I've got about 1000 characters left and overall it's taken me about 2 hours (but over a couple days because lol I'm lazy and get bored easily)! I'm going to email a few drafts to my form tutor tomorrow night - if I can be bothered to finish it :tongue: the main body is easy but writing the introduction bit/first few sentences is killing me :frown: good luck with yours :smile:

I know what u mean it took me ages to start my one but I have started I am so proud of that :biggrin:. SInce school doesnt till next week hopefuly I can finish my first draft:s-smilie:. I been writing when I feel like or when an idea pops in. Good luck in your one....WHat course are you applying for?
Original post by loosiemorgan
Ooo what instrument do you play? :smile:

Clarinet :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blamethenargles

I play the clarinet too!!!!!!!!! If you're doing music a-level you'll be much better at it than me though hahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blamethenargles

Original post by NinjaPandaa
I play the clarinet too!!!!!!!!! If you're doing music a-level you'll be much better at it than me though hahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I play the violin :biggrin:
I play the violin :biggrin:

I used to play the violin up until year 9, I quit after I just scraped my grade 3 with 101 points ahahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used to play the violin up until year 9, I quit after I just scraped my grade 3 with 101 points ahahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha yeah i just scraped my last exam with 103 :s-smilie: I was quite happy when I got a call off my teacher saying I'd passed I was so hoping I had but part of me was so sure I'd failed :biggrin:
haha yeah i just scraped my last exam with 103 :s-smilie: I was quite happy when I got a call off my teacher saying I'd passed I was so hoping I had but part of me was so sure I'd failed :biggrin:

Ooh what grade were you doing? It's always the aural that pulls me down :frown: #tonedeaf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh what grade were you doing? It's always the aural that pulls me down :frown: #tonedeaf

Posted from TSR Mobile

grade 6 :smile:
I put off doing grade 5 theory for 1 and 1/2 years then we missed the deadline haha so I did that at spring and just did grade 6 summer :smile:
same the singing auurghhh!!! but it was really annoying right at the end of the second piece I messed up! you know when you're reading a book and skip a line by mistake?! well this happened :'( i continued for like one sec on auto-pilot and then I was like this isnt want comes next!! it was so annoying! the accompliment lady said afterwards she'd never seen someone so obviously annoyed before which was a bit embarressing haha
grade 6 :smile:
I put off doing grade 5 theory for 1 and 1/2 years then we missed the deadline haha so I did that at spring and just did grade 6 summer :smile:
same the singing auurghhh!!! but it was really annoying right at the end of the second piece I messed up! you know when you're reading a book and skip a line by mistake?! well this happened :'( i continued for like one sec on auto-pilot and then I was like this isnt want comes next!! it was so annoying! the accompliment lady said afterwards she'd never seen someone so obviously annoyed before which was a bit embarressing haha

Ah god I hate music exams

Grade 6 is impressive, I've done grade 5 on my clarinet but I have no intention of doing anymore grades because I don't want to do grade 5 theory :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Grade 6 is impressive, I've done grade 5 on my clarinet but I have no intention of doing anymore grades because I don't want to do grade 5 theory :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha yeah that's how I felt at the time and I just naturally didn't do it for a while, then I suddenly rushed to do it in a few weeks - would not recommend that! my sister's thinking for changing exam boards so she doesn't have to haha
Got my new timetable today, it's rubbish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only have to do one more! :biggrin:
Grade 5 theory is eaaasssyyyyy though! :wink: did it when I was 12 and got 88%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TLHroolz
I only have to do one more! :biggrin:
Grade 5 theory is eaaasssyyyyy though! :wink: did it when I was 12 and got 88%

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh wow nearly grade 8 eh :wink:

Nah there's no way I can face doing music theory yuck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by suarti10
Got my new timetable today, it's rubbish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh how so? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh wow nearly grade 8 eh :wink:

Nah there's no way I can face doing music theory yuck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, Grade 8 already on Piano and Grade 8 Trumpet in a couple of months... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, Grade 8 already on Piano and Grade 8 Trumpet in a couple of months... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow that's impressive, my grade 3 violin and grade 5 clarinet look rubbish now ahahahahhahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! What pieces are you doing on trumpet for your grade 8?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cammybl
Same! What pieces are you doing on trumpet for your grade 8?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ermm, first movement of the Hadyn concerto (my favourite), Ravel Habanera and the Arban exercise...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest