The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I agree. It sounds like a guise to me. The law enforcements aren't concerned with political correctness when they are stop and searching blacks 6x more than whites in London. Not buying it.
Is there any newspaper people on this forum don't abhor?
This Pakistani woman who has suffered abuse herself says otherwise and she is telling the truth. Courageous women like her willing to speak out deserve an honour because without them doing so and sticking a middle finger up to political correctness there is no way forward.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/11060663/Rotherham-As-a-Pakistani-woman-Id-welcome-a-police-force-that-didnt-rely-on-imams.html

'[h="3"]Police 'fear of appearing racist' meant justice wasn't served[/h]But, for me, one of the most most striking aspects of the report is its damning description of the inability to address issues within the local Pakistani community, for fear of appearing racist.
There's no escaping the fact that the majority of perpetrators were of Pakistani origin - and that this directly led to insufficient action being taken to identify, and bring them to justice.
Reply 4
Original post by Truths
I agree. It sounds like a guise to me. The law enforcements aren't concerned with political correctness when they are stop and searching blacks 6x more than whites in London. Not buying it.

What about asians?
Original post by shahbaz
What about asians?

the most appeased culture in the country.
Being dismissive on this issue is Politically Correct, think about it. It makes them feel uncomfortable to the point where 'No, it's not true!'. Leftys judge the truth on what does and doesn't sound offensive.

And don't listen to 'Truths', he's a black supremacist.
Reply 7
The Guardian had a whole big deal about social mobility and elitism, yet you'd be hard pressed to find any writer there who wasn't from a Public School followed by Oxford or the LSE.
Original post by Truths
The law enforcements aren't concerned with political correctness when they are stop and searching blacks 6x more than whites in London.

and what if blacks are 6x more likely than whites to commit knife crime?
Reply 9
Original post by Sanctimonious
This Pakistani woman who has suffered abuse herself says otherwise and she is telling the truth. Courageous women like her willing to speak out deserve an honour because without them doing so and sticking a middle finger up to political correctness there is no way forward.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/11060663/Rotherham-As-a-Pakistani-woman-Id-welcome-a-police-force-that-didnt-rely-on-imams.html

'[h="3"]Police 'fear of appearing racist' meant justice wasn't served[/h]But, for me, one of the most most striking aspects of the report is its damning description of the inability to address issues within the local Pakistani community, for fear of appearing racist.
There's no escaping the fact that the majority of perpetrators were of Pakistani origin - and that this directly led to insufficient action being taken to identify, and bring them to justice.

This

That link is a very good article and she speaks frankly and with authority, from the pains of bitter personal experience as a 12 year old.

The Telegraph usually puts things into perspective with an integrity the slippery Guardian lacks.
Reply 10
What else do you expect from the Guardian? I'm surprised they haven't encouraged white women to throw themselves at Pakistani males to make up for something that happened a hundred years ago or so.
Reply 11
Original post by billydisco
and what if blacks are 6x more likely than whites to commit knife crime?

They aren't...
Original post by Algorithm69
This comment was removed by a moderator because it didn't abide by our community standards. Replies may also be deleted. For more detail see our FAQs.

The Guardian is absolutely disgraceful for that.

I've had several comments deleted on there (but I never get comments deleted from anywhere else). I think their commenters are just pathetic and report people's posts that they disagree with.

One of my deleted posts was for posting a link to a research paper which suggested the complete opposite to the claims somebody was making (they hadn't provided any evidence).
Completely disagree. The Guardian has it all wrong.

Original post by Truths

That doesn't really bear any relevance in this case. The "law enforcement" isn't just one collective consciousness.

Original post by CryptoidAlien
Being dismissive on this issue is Politically Correct, think about it. It makes them feel uncomfortable to the point where 'No, it's not true!'. Leftys judge the truth on what does and doesn't sound offensive.

And don't listen to 'Truths', he's a black supremacist.

... which would make him/her no less credible than yourself, seeing as you're blatantly a white supremacist/white nationalist.
Original post by TheTranshumanist
Completely disagree. The Guardian has it all wrong.

That doesn't really bear any relevance in this case. The "law enforcement" isn't just one collective consciousness.

... which would make him/her no less credible than yourself, seeing as you're blatantly a white supremacist/white nationalist.

Guess i'm no different to Dianne Abbott and Malcom X lol
Guess i'm no different to Dianne Abbott and Malcom X lol

Correct. You're no different from hypocritical racists like Dianne Abbott.
Original post by TheTranshumanist
Correct. You're no different from hypocritical racists like Dianne Abbott.

hAHA, Malcom X was a member of a black supremacist group yet he's a hero to you. :biggrin:
hAHA, Malcom X was a member of a black supremacist group yet he's a hero to you. :biggrin:

At no point did I say that he was my "hero", you buffoon. I'm no fan of his either, but he at least abandoned his racist views later on in his life.
Original post by Clip
The Guardian had a whole big deal about social mobility and elitism, yet you'd be hard pressed to find any writer there who wasn't from a Public School followed by Oxford or the LSE.

If you are well off or are from the upper echelons and you bring this stuff up you get labelled as a hypocrite.

If you are poor and from the dregs of society you get labeled as a lazy, jealous, bitter layabout.

I think no one is supposed to talk about it...
Original post by Truths

It's probably more to do with presentation and demeanor than race. If a white guy was dressed in chav uniform and glowering at everyone, he'd probably be stopped and searched at some point. A black guy dressed in a suit and smile would almost certainly be ignored by police.

Latest

Trending

Trending