The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
How do you guys actually feel about Alexis being a striker for us, and why?

He can't play there as a lone striker. Would prefer Theo tbh. Alexis is best on the wing or as a support striker, maybe paired with Podolski (until Giroud is back).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
It's not a matter of yes and no. I'm talking about for the upcoming months whilst Giroud/sanogo are out

How about we stop being cheapskates and go out an get an actual striker, none of this square pegs in round holes rubbish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95

He isn't a terrible player to have up top whilst giroud is injured.
But as somebody mentioned above, he will do so little in the PL if he's a lone striker; he definitely needs a temporary striker partner.
He's screwed against big CBs for any kind of aerial ball so I'm not sure how well he could hold up the play if he was alone up there.

It's inly short term though - I think he'll be okay for a few months if you don't sign another striker, although I'm dubious as to how much he will contribute when he isn't playing on the wing.
I saw this on the BBC feed and my heart literally stopped as I misread it and thought it said 'Wenger resigns' :colondollar:

Original post by Arkasia
I saw this on the BBC feed and my heart literally stopped as I misread it and thought it said 'Wenger resigns' :colondollar:

Looked at the picture before your comment and thought exactly the same thing.
I wouldn't have minded Ba tbh :beard:
Original post by AR_95

Very happy. We have enough midfielders all vying for positions, and we saw last game that all he needs is a little bit of confidence to become a massive threat for us. In my opinion he could become like Aguero to us, as long as he gets a run of games in the same position, and as long as he scores/assists to build up his confidence.
Original post by De Chirico
Looked at the picture before your comment and thought exactly the same thing.

For a second it was bloody terrifying, wasn't it.
Reply 6508
Original post by AR_95
I think Rabiot is most likely as far as DMF goes. Ornstein reported it would be a squad player and Wenger had his usual cheeky smile when asked about him during the press conference

No confirmation as of yet, and obviously most 'in the know' people don't know half the stuff they pretend to, but Roma are said to be very close to a deal for Rabiot.
Original post by angelfox
4th place trophy it is.

What if you don't even get that?
Original post by Arkasia
In my opinion he could become like Aguero to us, as long as he gets a run of games in the same position, and as long as he scores/assists to build up his confidence.

lol
Original post by Strange Fruit
lol

10/10 strong response, would read again.
Original post by Ilz300
No confirmation as of yet, and obviously most 'in the know' people don't know half the stuff they pretend to, but Roma are said to be very close to a deal for Rabiot.

Does anyone know how good Ornstein actually is? I don't think he mentioned Chambers or Ozil signing in the last year or so, there will always be transfer deals going on that he doesn't know about?
Reply 6513
Original post by NDGAARONDI
What if you don't even get that?

Would be pretty stupid to bet against us

UTD aren't even in question as of yet and I don't recall Everton ever being bigger flat track bullies than us. Only side to question is Tottenham but don't see where all these conclusions are coming from that they're having a better season when they've hardly played anyone big yet
Reply 6514
Original post by Ilz300

I was basing that between Khedira Carvalho and him tbf.
It's not the links towards him that I was interested about but more so his age, nationality and how he's thought to become a very good player in a few years. Wenger's body language was just funny though
Reply 6515
Original post by Arkasia
10/10 strong response, would read again.

das it ben. you show him who's boss
Original post by AR_95
das it ben. you show him who's boss

Not sure who you are siding with here :unimpressed:
Reply 6517
Original post by Arkasia

you ofcourse
Original post by Arkasia

There is no taking sides, only laughter
Original post by Arkasia
Does anyone know how good Ornstein actually is? I don't think he mentioned Chambers or Ozil signing in the last year or so, there will always be transfer deals going on that he doesn't know about?

I'm pretty sure he broke the Ozil signing on the bbc. Not sure if it had been reported elsewhere first though. He never gets it wrong tbh there's a reason we call him the oracle.

Latest