The Student Room Group

A Level choice Help!!!

I'm going into year 12 after getting mostly A/A* in my GCSEs. I'm thinking of doing Maths, Physics, Further Maths and Spanish at AS and then dropping FM at A2. My concern is that as I am Spanish (and live in Spain), will unis discredit my A Level Spanish??? Would it be a better idea to hold on to Further Maths for A2, or would it be too hard? (I got 92% UMS at GCSE for Maths)

Thanks in advance!
If you speak fluent Spanish (or if it is your mother-tongue) many uni's will disregard the Spanish A-level. If you speak both languages fluently, I recommend asking you sixth form if you may do another AS level as well. You might as well do the qualification if it would be a walk in the park. You can always see how AS level FM is before deciding if you feel it is too difficult :smile:
Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy
If you speak fluent Spanish (or if it is your mother-tongue) many uni's will disregard the Spanish A-level. If you speak both languages fluently, I recommend asking you sixth form if you may do another AS level as well. You might as well do the qualification if it would be a walk in the park. You can always see how AS level FM is before deciding if you feel it is too difficult :smile:
Thanks! As I'm Spanish I'll be able to do the full A2 qualification within year 12, so doing 3 A2 qualifications in year 13 won't be so hard. And it would leave me with a total of 4 A-Levels.
Original post by Heisenberg97
Thanks! As I'm Spanish I'll be able to do the full A2 qualification within year 12, so doing 3 A2 qualifications in year 13 won't be so hard. And it would leave me with a total of 4 A-Levels.

There you go then ^^ problem solved. Good luck with your exams :smile:
Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy
There you go then ^^ problem solved. Good luck with your exams :smile:
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest