The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QueenSI
Yeah pretty little liars is apparently good but theres too many episodes for me to start watching.
LOL yeah nearly all Kdrama has strange names but seriously give it a try walahi too good:colone:

Omg you guys have to watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOBh-NXR_Gk

it's literally the most hilarious parody of somalis ive ever seen

the jacket part has me screaminggg that has happend to me so many times
Original post by QueenSI
Yeah pretty little liars is apparently good but theres too many episodes for me to start watching.
LOL yeah nearly all Kdrama has strange names but seriously give it a try walahi too good:colone:

On youtube? How long is an episode? :rolleyes:
Original post by Biryani007
On youtube? How long is an episode? :rolleyes:

about an hour long like most kdramas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyL-Rzj_mUA

enjoyyy :wink::colone: you wont regret it :colone::colone::colone:
Yo to all somalis! Naayaa and Waaryaa get off student room before I tell Hooyo
Original post by Dumbledore'sArmy
Yo to all somalis! Naayaa and Waaryaa get off student room before I tell Hooyo

Do not make de dacaas you in the da face bro.
Original post by Al-farhan
Do not make de dacaas you in the da face bro.

Haha ^_^
Original post by QueenSI
about an hour long like most kdramas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyL-Rzj_mUA

enjoyyy :wink::colone: you wont regret it :colone::colone::colone:

Ahah I just watched it...that poor girl aha he's such a cow to her. He's good looking though :colone:
The second episode looks cute lol
Oh man I don't want to be hooked on Korean dramas :lol:
too many Asians on this soc :/ (no offence guys and girls :redface: )

maxaa lahaaya walaalayaal?
(edited 9 years ago)
To those who watch Korean dramas anyone watch Fated to love you? Pls say at least one person does.

And lol to those who like Boys over Flower. The Japanese version is 100 times better :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Secretnerd123
too many Asians on this soc :/ (no offence guys and girls :redface: )

maxaa lahaaya walaalayaal?

Haha nothing much. Had a surprise party for my cousin and friend. More of a joint happy late bday ting. Got lots of Orea cake now I'm full.

Now have to sleep now cuz have a 12 hour shift starting at 6am ;( What about you bae?

Posted from TSR Mobile
One of the reasons we do not see many somalis in top proffesions is because they do it elsewhere in another country.
Ma cousin teaches english in the UAE and with his contract gets moneeeeyyyy...and a house....and a car.
Also he doesn't have to pay for any road tax I believe.

Other somalis get their degrees and go to somalia or somaliland and they obviously gonna get a job because they did their degree here.
Original post by Abzey_97
One of the reasons we do not see many somalis in top proffesions is because they do it elsewhere in another country.
Ma cousin teaches english in the UAE and with his contract gets moneeeeyyyy...and a house....and a car.

Other somalis get their degrees and go to somalia or somaliland and they obviously gonna get a job because they did their degree here.

That's very true and it's also down to the fact that a lot of this generation simply haven't finished their education, but in the next 5 to 10 years we will probably see a lot more Somalis in top professions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yassss!! This boo!! My cousins just got back from Dubai and told me about how people that didn't even go uni are stacking up that moneeeey & I felt like crying tbh.
Original post by AnimeCrazy
Haha nothing much. Had a surprise party for my cousin and friend. More of a joint happy late bday ting. Got lots of Orea cake now I'm full.

Now have to sleep now cuz have a 12 hour shift starting at 6am ;( What about you bae?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was my birthday todayyy too
, I seriously put on at least 2kg. My hooyo said so and I felt like crying
Original post by Canttellyou
That's very true and it's also down to the fact that a lot of this generation simply haven't finished their education, but in the next 5 to 10 years we will probably see a lot more Somalis in top professions. Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh I think ppl are just starting to come up through the ranks of their industry. I also think its because most somalis live in deprived areas and so a lotta ppl get distracted with violence and hashiish.
Yh I think ppl are just starting to come up through the ranks of their industry. I also think its because most somalis live in deprived areas and so a lotta ppl get distracted with violence and hashiish.

Yeah, it's so sad to see that some young people have just given up on studying and are throwing away their lives :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait aren't we the 1st generation Somalis in UK? Well my family is and there is no competition with most other ethnicities coz they have been here 4 ages
Original post by Chukkeigh
Yassss!! This boo!! My cousins just got back from Dubai and told me about how people that didn't even go uni are stacking up that moneeeey & I felt like crying tbh.
How dyu think I feel? Ma cuz studied something got to do with the weather and got a few jobs and also did some teaching. Then just went and living the life just coz he knows english. Hey didnt even care much about his past jobs just offered him a job to teach english.Thats always a posibility for me if anything happens. :smile:
Original post by Chukkeigh
It was my birthday todayyy too
, I seriously put on at least 2kg. My hooyo said so and I felt like crying

Haha happy bday how old are you?

I wish I actually gained weight ;(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hugoalmeida
Wait aren't we the 1st generation Somalis in UK? Well my family is and there is no competition with most other ethnicities coz they have been here 4 ages

How dyu think I feel? Ma cuz studied something got to do with the weather and got a few jobs and also did some teaching. Then just went and living the life just coz he knows english. Hey didnt even care much about his past jobs just offered him a job to teach english.Thats always a posibility for me if anything happens. :smile:

I am the first generation too boo boo and in comparison to the Asian community we are doing pretty well mA. Tell me aboot it fam, they are living BIG & really all I just want is to move there and get me a sugarr daddy...

Quick Reply

Latest