The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ELBOYZ
I just switched Diego Costa for Jovetic but after reading some posts here it looks like Costa is going to play after all. What do you think i should do? :confused:

I think leaving Jovetic to play will be a smarter option as Man City are going to play Stoke whereas Chelsea are going to play Everton
Have 2 FT's. Not sure what to do. No way is stoke keeping a clean sheet vs City and Begovic hasn't done well so far. Got Jagielka in the team and they're playing Chelsea so might want to consider him although that may not be too wise. Still got Luis too ffs. Drinkwater is injured too :|

My strikeforce isn't great. Bony/Bent/Rooney

Might have to downgrade on of my midfielders... or just WC.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The Assassin
Have 2 FT's. Not sure what to do. No way is stoke keeping a clean sheet vs City and Begovic hasn't done well so far. Got Jagielka in the team and they're playing Chelsea so might want to consider him although that may not be too wise. Still got Luis too ffs. Drinkwater is injured too :|

My strikeforce isn't great. Bony/Bent/Rooney

Might have to downgrade on of my midfielders... or just WC.

Surely taking Luis and Bent out is a priority? Don't waste a FT on the keeper when you've got those 2 in your team. Bego won't keep a CS but he'll probably get some save points. No guarantee that whoever you bring in will do any better.
Jose said Costa is a big doubt but they are doing everything they can to make sure he can make the bench

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had far too many things I wanted/needed to do so I've had to use my wildcard.
I want to get rid of Mata because United are playing very badly and I don't think he will still be in the number 10 role but if he does stay there then I would rather keep him. If I am going to replace him, I have 9.3m to spend but the only player I really want is Fabregas (don't want Ramsey, Silva is only good when central) and I already have 3 Chelsea players so can't do that.
I think my best option is to save my transfer and if Mata is in the number 10 role, stick with him long term, if not, find 0.2m and put Di Maria in.

Also who should I pick as captain; Rooney, Sterling or Siggy?
Original post by Alex Doran
I want to get rid of Mata because United are playing very badly and I don't think he will still be in the number 10 role but if he does stay there then I would rather keep him. If I am going to replace him, I have 9.3m to spend but the only player I really want is Fabregas (don't want Ramsey, Silva is only good when central) and I already have 3 Chelsea players so can't do that.
I think my best option is to save my transfer and if Mata is in the number 10 role, stick with him long term, if not, find 0.2m and put Di Maria in.

Also who should I pick as captain; Rooney, Sterling or Siggy?

Im tempted to go Siggy but the majority will go Rooney I feel and I dont want to miss out a massive Rooney haul :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1687
Used my wildcard. What's your opinion on making GK your captain?

Posted from TSR Mobile
United are losing to Burnley this weekend so wouldn't recommend it
Original post by CAP31
Used my wildcard. What's your opinion on making GK your captain?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Captaining De Gea not sure if srs. Decent team otherwise although I do think it's a massive mistake wildcarding before the transfer deadline when anything is possible.
Reply 1690
Rooney or Guzan for Captain? so hard to decide :tongue:
Original post by Qari
Rooney or Guzan for Captain? so hard to decide :tongue:

Never been sold on keepers as captain.
A lot of teams can have good wins but still concede (I.e: 4-1)
It only takes one silly mistake to ruin the chance of a clean sheet

Strikers always have the capability to get multiple goals, whereas keepers may only get 4 (or 5?) points for getting a clean sheet

I think when a keeper has an absolute stormer, you'll get a gold mine of points
But that won't happen very often
yeah GK wouldn't be a good captain choice, even if they get a clean sheet, since you can have a defender with a pretty much same points. If they save a penalty too then they'll probs go double figures, and maybe some bonus.
Reply 1693
Original post by Lúcio
Never been sold on keepers as captain.
A lot of teams can have good wins but still concede (I.e: 4-1)
It only takes one silly mistake to ruin the chance of a clean sheet

Strikers always have the capability to get multiple goals, whereas keepers may only get 4 (or 5?) points for getting a clean sheet

I think when a keeper has an absolute stormer, you'll get a gold mine of points
But that won't happen very often

Original post by mr tim
yeah GK wouldn't be a good captain choice, even if they get a clean sheet, since you can have a defender with a pretty much same points. If they save a penalty too then they'll probs go double figures, and maybe some bonus.

guess I'm leaving it at Rooney
Original post by Qari
guess I'm leaving it at Rooney

i'm taking a punt that sturridge will have a good game against spurs
he's due one now
Reply 1695
Original post by Lúcio
he's due one now

I don't have him.
Original post by Lúcio
he's due one now

he's also due a hamstring ping or ankle knack ;0

What chance on Naismith to score tomorrow. Glad I have no Chelsea in my deee-fence
Original post by Qari
I don't have him.

i have him and rooney, although i kinda wish i picked costa from the start instead.
but i wasn't sure if he's hit the ground running or not.

sturridge will have a better season than rooney imo, however the latter will still be decent since he is at the heart of most united goals whether they be tgrough open play or set pieces.

Original post by Mister Dead
he's also due a hamstring ping or ankle knack ;0

What chance on Naismith to score tomorrow. Glad I have no Chelsea in my deee-fence

haha, touche :wink:
if sturridge get's injured i'll just do a straight swap to balotelli - simples.

urgh, not naismith!
i have cahill and courtois :/
annoyed i picked cahill over ivanovic from the start.

i've made some bad choices, but my midfield have proven excellent.
Original post by Lúcio
i have him and rooney, although i kinda wish i picked costa from the start instead.
but i wasn't sure if he's hit the ground running or not.

sturridge will have a better season than rooney imo, however the latter will still be decent since he is at the heart of most united goals whether they be tgrough open play or set pieces.

haha, touche :wink:
if sturridge get's injured i'll just do a straight swap to balotelli - simples.

urgh, not naismith!
i have cahill and courtois :/
annoyed i picked cahill over ivanovic from the start.

i've made some bad choices, but my midfield have proven excellent.

Yeah 'Orrible Branislav is looking like a beast right now. But I think i'd prefer to wait a few weeks and see what's going to happen with Luis than reshape my team now to fit him in and then regret it if Aguero starts games and becomes a captain option
Thoughts on captain choice, it is probably between Rooney and Siggy?

Quick Reply

Latest