The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furryface12
Sorry if this has already been asked, I haven't read the whole thread!

What part of your job do you find most satisfying, and which bit do you like least?

Most satisfying is the relationship with the students; the majority of whom are a joy to teach.

Least satisfying is the ridiculous workload, mainly marking and planning.
Reply 641
I hope you answer this

I want to be a secondary school teacher, i originally wanted to be a Music Teacher but i no longer have interest in studying music because i suffer from social anxiety, so for my degree hopefully next year i intend to study Business Management. do you think a business management degree would be suitable for secondary school teaching such as English, ICT or Business itself
What type of autism do you have? You don't have to say, I am just curious.
Do you see yourself being a teacher all your life or do you think you would want to change career and do something else?
what subject you teach and is teaching an easy or hard job?
i want to be an english teacher in the future any advice?
Original post by O.Ozz
I hope you answer this

I want to be a secondary school teacher, i originally wanted to be a Music Teacher but i no longer have interest in studying music because i suffer from social anxiety, so for my degree hopefully next year i intend to study Business Management. do you think a business management degree would be suitable for secondary school teaching such as English, ICT or Business itself

Yes I think that degree would help you get into teaching in any of those subjects. A lot of teachers tend to do both ICT and Business as well as derivative subjects like Accounting and Economics at secondary school. With social anxiety, teaching will be very challenging for you but hopefully the rewards will be worth it!
Reply 646
Original post by Autistic Merit
Yes I think that degree would help you get into teaching in any of those subjects. A lot of teachers tend to do both ICT and Business as well as derivative subjects like Accounting and Economics at secondary school. With social anxiety, teaching will be very challenging for you but hopefully the rewards will be worth it!

how do you find teaching since your autistic? i'm pretty sure i'm quite similar to you as Social anxiety is actually basically autism (in my view)
Original post by O.Ozz
how do you find teaching since your autistic? i'm pretty sure i'm quite similar to you as Social anxiety is actually basically autism (in my view)

I don't find it too bad so long as I have a 'purpose'. I find unstructured times like break and lunch the most difficult as I worry about how best to use the time. I also hate INSET days as you're basically just expected to sit with other teachers and chat about what you did over the holidays. I'm notoriously bad with small talk and some people probably think I'm rude although no one has commented as such. I just never know what to say in unstructured situations.
Do you think deep voices would be a problem for teaching?
Original post by rachel479
What type of autism do you have? You don't have to say, I am just curious.
Do you see yourself being a teacher all your life or do you think you would want to change career and do something else?

Aspergers and I would love to be a teacher all my life.

Original post by noey123
what subject you teach and is teaching an easy or hard job?

Hard job. I teach maths.

Original post by noey123
i want to be an english teacher in the future any advice?

Study really hard and make sure you get some relevant experience with the age group that you want to teach (youth clubs, help out in school, sports clubs, volunteering etc.).
Original post by sgulmedic
Do you think deep voices would be a problem for teaching?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s17rSGFHtkuJ

That is my voice. I think it is very deep and sounds boring but others have said that there's nothing wrong with it. :confused:
Aspergers and I would love to be a teacher all my life.

Hard job. I teach maths.

Study really hard and make sure you get some relevant experience with the age group that you want to teach (youth clubs, help out in school, sports clubs, volunteering etc.).

thank you!!!!! :smile:
Original post by noey123
thank you!!!!! :smile:

You're welcome. Feel free to ask more questions if any more come to you.
Out of C1 and C2, what specific topics in each modules do your students tend to find hard or struggle with most?
What do you think of lesson observations?

Have you grown a beard so you don't get mistaken for a pupil?
This is a first. :angry:

When the brats become really obnoxious, do you want to slap them hard?
This is a first. :angry:

Sorry if these questions have been asked already!

How much time do you commit to marking books etc. at home each night?

Do you feel this heavily impacts on personal life?

Would you recommend teaching to someone who is considering it? (me :redface:)

If you did recommend, what advice would you give?

Sorry for the spam of questions :tongue:
Original post by jshep000
Out of C1 and C2, what specific topics in each modules do your students tend to find hard or struggle with most?

Any of the topics to do with differentiation and integration really.

Original post by Grace by Yahweh
What do you think of lesson observations?

They are a necessary evil I suppose. Definitely not a fan of when senior leaders come in to observe without giving any notice though (although they will always say they are observing the students, not the teacher).
Original post by Joinedup
Have you grown a beard so you don't get mistaken for a pupil?

No I have no facial hair and consequently I have been mistaken for a sixth former on plenty of occasions.

Original post by namename
When the brats become really obnoxious, do you want to slap them hard?

I'm not a violent person so no but if I were a violent person then probably yes.

Latest