The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government and Politics results 2014

Did anyone else do unexpectedly badly in this exam?

I was predicted an A and got a low D.
Getting them remarked soon, and hopefully the grade will go up. But it seems that it's just Edexcel who have had this issue
Original post by Imadinosaur2213

Getting them remarked soon, and hopefully the grade will go up. But it seems that it's just Edexcel who have had this issue

Hey, sorry to hear you didn't get what you wanted in this exam. :hugs:

I've popped it in Government and Politics for you.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hey, sorry to hear you didn't get what you wanted in this exam. :hugs:

I've popped it in Government and Politics for you.

Thanks, my phone doesn't let me put it in certain place for some reason (probably because half the screen is missing haha)

For AS or A2? I did AS and got an A. It was a fairly low-ish A but I still feel my grade reflects my performance in the exam.

was this is just one of the exams or did you get a lower than expected mark in both? also just realised like the above post, is this AS or A2 - I just got my AS result :smile:
Original post by loosiemorgan
was this is just one of the exams or did you get a lower than expected mark in both? also just realised like the above post, is this AS or A2 - I just got my AS result :smile:

I got my AS and it was both exams, which I know should suggest I did badly, but my handwriting is a bit odd when I rush (my n and r are the same... ) which could have meant a tired examiner wouldn't have read it correctly. but it never seemed to affect my mocks or previous work, and on one of the papers I somehow lost half the marks.

if my remark doesn't come back better, I'll be retaking I guess.
I got my AS and it was both exams, which I know should suggest I did badly, but my handwriting is a bit odd when I rush (my n and r are the same... ) which could have meant a tired examiner wouldn't have read it correctly. but it never seemed to affect my mocks or previous work, and on one of the papers I somehow lost half the marks.

if my remark doesn't come back better, I'll be retaking I guess.

It seems like you've decided to remark anyway but since you said on one of the papers you lost half marks I would remark since you normally get higher! I see how some may say you must've just done badly but if you felt it went okay - not even good like normal but at least okay I would feel you'd think you'd get more than half marks?
That's unlucky :frown: I feel mine was marked okay I got Bs on both :smile: it's annoying though looking on the analysis on resultsonline because for the 40 marker on the second exam I got 11/20 AO1 so if I'd got a few more marks there like 16/20 I would've got an A but that was my fault because I looked it up and AO1 is knowledge and understanding haha I remember kind of winging it but at the same time it's annoying that if I'd revised that topic more/earlier so I had time to revise it all, I could've done better than I ever thought!
Hope you're remark gets you what you want, or at least the right grade :smile:
Original post by loosiemorgan
It seems like you've decided to remark anyway but since you said on one of the papers you lost half marks I would remark since you normally get higher! I see how some may say you must've just done badly but if you felt it went okay - not even good like normal but at least okay I would feel you'd think you'd get more than half marks?
That's unlucky :frown: I feel mine was marked okay I got Bs on both :smile: it's annoying though looking on the analysis on resultsonline because for the 40 marker on the second exam I got 11/20 AO1 so if I'd got a few more marks there like 16/20 I would've got an A but that was my fault because I looked it up and AO1 is knowledge and understanding haha I remember kind of winging it but at the same time it's annoying that if I'd revised that topic more/earlier so I had time to revise it all, I could've done better than I ever thought!
Hope you're remark gets you what you want, or at least the right grade :smile:

i can't look online at the breakdown. But I just find it odd that I was practically top of the class (even my teacher before was like 'well, you're aiming for the top top, so I'll be mean' when he was looking at some of my pastpaper question answers).

I hope it comes back better. But for politics, the mark scheme isn't just what the right answer is; like for certain things, like the differences between one party and another, is quite long. and one of the questioons I answered was on that. So I'm hoping it's been that the long questions answers have been marked incorrectly.
Reply 8
Yep I sat this AS too and got a really high A in paper 1 and a D in paper 2, I was really shocked because I thought paper 2 didn't go as well as paper 1 but not nearly as bad as that. I found the time restraints on paper 2 really tough, I don't think there was enough time to read the sources and plan the answers to the 25 and 40 mark essays and write them but yeah getting a remark on paper 2 and might have to resit it but I really don't want to :frown:
I'd been tracking at an A all year and ended up with a B, a few UMS of an A.
Unit 1 = 97/100
Unit 2 = 60/100

I applied for the remark and it stayed exactly the same.

I think I might resit paper 2 as I done unexpectedly bad, I thought it went a lot better than bang on the C

:frown:
I was predicted a C and got a C which I was quite pleased with in all honesty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel the same, I worked my hardest on paper 1 and ended up with an E which was unexpected considering Paper 2 I got a High B! Who knows what's gone on:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending