Maths EPQ

Scroll to see replies

Yourself?
Original post by Alex_Aits
Maths (took both AS and A2 this year): 591/600 - 98.5%
with 100% in the AS

Physics: 276/300 - 92% , my Practical ISA let me down a bit :unimpressed:

Nice.
I got 300/300 in maths, 288/300 in further maths because D2 was ****ing 92!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Safe to say I wasn't happy, it's such a stupid module as well haha, if I did m1-2 they would've been 100 as well I think because it's easy to know if you're right or not on them but impossible on D2 to know.

Well, my physics was 294/300 but 100% on the exams but my coursework was 54/60 (after my teacher told me it was 60/60)!

Well done. I didn't get a chance to look at St John's unfortunately.
Original post by DomStaff
Nice.
I got 300/300 in maths, 288/300 in further maths because D2 was ****ing 92!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Safe to say I wasn't happy, it's such a stupid module as well haha, if I did m1-2 they would've been 100 as well I think because it's easy to know if you're right or not on them but impossible on D2 to know.

Well, my physics was 294/300 but 100% on the exams but my coursework was 54/60 (after my teacher told me it was 60/60)!

Well done. I didn't get a chance to look at St John's unfortunately.

Haha don't worry, those results are more than fine to put you into a strong position! Cambridge won't care too much about D modules anyway haha what boards are you on for each?
Haha don't worry, those results are more than fine to put you into a strong position! Cambridge won't care too much about D modules anyway haha what boards are you on for each?

No they don't care at all. So in the modules they don't mind/like I got 496/500, FP1 - 96 which I panicked on as it was my first exam. I'm only annoyed because like when you want to go to Cambridge for maths, you are a perfectionist by nature, so even if you get 599/600, you'd still be a bit annoyed! You get what I mean?

OCR (normal) for maths
OCR B for physics.

You?
No they don't care at all. So in the modules they don't mind/like I got 496/500, FP1 - 96 which I panicked on as it was my first exam. I'm only annoyed because like when you want to go to Cambridge for maths, you are a perfectionist by nature, so even if you get 599/600, you'd still be a bit annoyed! You get what I mean?

OCR (normal) for maths
OCR B for physics.

You?

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, I was really pissed off with 94 in C4 and 97 in M1 which is where I dropped the marks. I forgot to switch to radians in C4 :rolleyes: Have a friend with 700/700 in the modules he took this year :s-smilie: he's literally a tank though haha! Don't understand why he's applying to Oxford for maths?!

OCR MEI for maths
AQA for physics (I know, it's a tragedy)
They penalised me in my ISA for writing 2 opposed to 2.0 .... i'm pretty sure 1sf of 2.0 is 2 :angry:
Yeah I know exactly what you mean, I was really pissed off with 94 in C4 and 97 in M1 which is where I dropped the marks. I forgot to switch to radians in C4 :rolleyes: Have a friend with 700/700 in the modules he took this year :s-smilie: he's literally a tank though haha! Don't understand why he's applying to Oxford for maths?!

OCR MEI for maths
AQA for physics (I know, it's a tragedy)
They penalised me in my ISA for writing 2 opposed to 2.0 .... i'm pretty sure 1sf of 2.0 is 2 :angry:

Exactly! Especially because like they care about C4, like they care about FP1 as well. Why did he take an extra module?

Oxford will be almost as good and he must prefer it. I must admit, I originally wanted to go there - then I found some sense!

1sf, why weren't you doing it to 2?
Exactly! Especially because like they care about C4, like they care about FP1 as well. Why did he take an extra module?

Oxford will be almost as good and he must prefer it. I must admit, I originally wanted to go there - then I found some sense!

1sf, why weren't you doing it to 2?

The data was given to 1sf, 0. something with 1 dp! So, as 0s are only significant subsequent to a non-zero decimal point, I assumed 1sf! :/ Oh well! and I guess so, I really like Christ Church but I don't feel that Oxford maths, after having removed the prestigious name, is any more demanding than Imperial/Warwick's courses. Makes more sense to aim for the very top then settle for something lesser, but still highly respected
The data was given to 1sf, 0. something with 1 dp! So, as 0s are only significant subsequent to a non-zero decimal point, I assumed 1sf! :/ Oh well! and I guess so, I really like Christ Church but I don't feel that Oxford maths, after having removed the prestigious name, is any more demanding than Imperial/Warwick's courses. Makes more sense to aim for the very top then settle for something lesser, but still highly respected

I was always told 2sf in physics unless you are given 3/told to do 3, even if you get a 0 value.

Same! It was so nice wasn't it?! I have in my head Oxford is probably slightly easier as well, but I can't be sure. Cambridge is a nicer place on the whole, although a bit quieter.
I was always told 2sf in physics unless you are given 3/told to do 3, even if you get a 0 value.

Same! It was so nice wasn't it?! I have in my head Oxford is probably slightly easier as well, but I can't be sure. Cambridge is a nicer place on the whole, although a bit quieter.

Yep definitely, so what made you choose Emmanuel?
Yep definitely, so what made you choose Emmanuel?

A fair bit of land, nice accommodation, nice building (relatively old, which I like) and good location. Pretty much all the things you look for!

You?
A fair bit of land, nice accommodation, nice building (relatively old, which I like) and good location. Pretty much all the things you look for!

You?

Fair enough, same with St John's + Good food/formals :wink: Michelin star chef!
Fortunately I've been able to visit Cambridge quite a lot over the last 2 years, and just felt most comfortable at John's which is probably the main factor of my decision though.
Fair enough, same with St John's + Good food/formals :wink: Michelin star chef!
Fortunately I've been able to visit Cambridge quite a lot over the last 2 years, and just felt most comfortable at John's which is probably the main factor of my decision though.

****! I didn't look at the food at Emmanuel :frown: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
****! I didn't look at the food at Emmanuel :frown: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm sure it'll be more than adequate :tongue:
I'm sure it'll be more than adequate :tongue:

I hope so!
Reply 34
Can somebody who god a good grade on EPQ send me theirs as an example

Quick Reply

Latest