The Student Room Group

The stationery and organisation thread MK II!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cassicles
Are you wanting to get money in return for it? If not, I could find some use for them hahah

Naah, they're just random items, not in packs or anything but they're mostly pen ink refills
Original post by GoingToBurst
Right, now that we're all friends and accustomed to the new thread, let me ask a question.

How many of you watch organisation and stationery videos on youtube? (I'm desperately hoping at least one other person does so I don't have to shy away forever hahaha)

When I'm looking for organisational ideas or reviews, then I definitely do plus I find them kind of motivational too :tongue:
Right, now that we're all friends and accustomed to the new thread, let me ask a question.

How many of you watch organisation and stationery videos on youtube? (I'm desperately hoping at least one other person does so I don't have to shy away forever hahaha)

I do!! Over the past week or so I've been watching stationery hauls nonstop!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find myself watching more of note-taking techniques, colour-co-ordination stuff and Filofax set ups!
Original post by Sarao
I'd say start with the original ten pack then build on that :smile:

Yeah, thanks :biggrin:

I do :smile:

Mrs Brimbles is one of my favourites :smile:

I did a little stationery shop today. It's a combination of Wilkos, Smiths and Sainsburys.
DSC_0515.jpg
I love the cupcake post it notes :smile:

I trawl a lot of the filofax blogs, much to the judgement of my boyfriend who sits next to me. I've seen loads of videos on websites but I never watched them because to have them outloud and my boyfriend judge me harder would be too much. But when he went home for a few days a while ago I gave some a try and... I don't know what I expected, but I much rather read a blog post, I just don't enjoy the videos very much
Original post by simplylldxo
Wilkos - 50p.

To be honest i know that whsmiths ones last, and so idontevencare :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by simplylldxo
But typically WH Smith is expensive including the basics but like I said, I think it's my age showing through as when I was younger, I prefer buying more expensive stationery.

I suppose. But i only buy certain things from there, usually when i cant be bothered trawling :3 its all mixandmatch thooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gingerbread101
I was in WHSmith a few days ago and bought these amazingly cute little post it notes for 75p!! 75p I say!! :woo:

That's cheap! I don't think I have seen any stationery for less than £1 in WHSmith. I am definitely going to get the a LITTLE bit more next weekend before uni as I do not have any ring-binders. :rolleyes:
Original post by HarrietROAR
I suppose. But i only buy certain things from there, usually when i cant be bothered trawling :3 its all mixandmatch thooo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't get me wrong, WH Smith do nice stuff but when you're on a budget like myself; you've got to go somewhere cheaper :wink: although I would never get the stationery from Poundland and the other pound shops (the permanent markers don't count - I wanted the 80's Glam Sharpies but I don't have the £8ish to spare so Poundland was my closest bet)... :p:o
I knew I loved you guys for a reason :colondollar:

Original post by charlottealex
I do!! Over the past week or so I've been watching stationery hauls nonstop!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by cassicles
I find myself watching more of note-taking techniques, colour-co-ordination stuff and Filofax set ups!

Note taking and study tips are my favourite! I trawl the studyspo tag on tumblr like mad too, so much motivation!
Original post by razzmatazz rach
I do :smile:

Mrs Brimbles is one of my favourites :smile:

I did a little stationery shop today. It's a combination of Wilkos, Smiths and Sainsburys.

I love the cupcake post it notes :smile:

I've never seen her videos before, thanks for the link! :biggrin:

I love that weekly pad btw.
Original post by sliceofcake
I trawl a lot of the filofax blogs, much to the judgement of my boyfriend who sits next to me. I've seen loads of videos on websites but I never watched them because to have them outloud and my boyfriend judge me harder would be too much. But when he went home for a few days a while ago I gave some a try and... I don't know what I expected, but I much rather read a blog post, I just don't enjoy the videos very much

Hahaha my boyfriend judges me too. I think he secretly loves how organised I am though, because it comes in handy for him too :P.
There are a lot of rubbish ones around, I'll admit that, but I'm such a sucker for uni/organisation/stationery/study videos haha.

I've never seen her videos before, thanks for the link! :biggrin:

I love that weekly pad btw.

I found her when I was looking in to the Linky's Boxes because she does an unboxing video every month. She has so many journals!

It's from Wilko's :smile: It is magnetic too!
I've not got anywhere to put it atm but I'm going to put it away for when me and my boyfriend move in together and I'll write our shifts on it so we can see when we are both working and when we're both free and I'll use it as a meal planner :smile:
Original post by razzmatazz rach
I found her when I was looking in to the Linky's Boxes because she does an unboxing video every month. She has so many journals!

It's from Wilko's :smile: It is magnetic too!
I've not got anywhere to put it atm but I'm going to put it away for when me and my boyfriend move in together and I'll write our shifts on it so we can see when we are both working and when we're both free and I'll use it as a meal planner :smile:

Whaaat how have I never heard of these boxes? I feel like a total amateur hahaha.

Oh that's a good idea! When are you guys moving in together?
My boyfriend and I use an app called couple, it's like a two person planner and chat service in one, it's pretty cool :smile:.
Finally a new thread for people like me :colondollar:
Original post by gracecooke55
Please tell me more about this spine and cover things you make in photoshop they sound wonderful :'D

Sure!

On the better binders from Staples, there is a window on the side of the spine and a plastic sleeve on the front. The idea is that you can put in pictures, timetables etc.

I am going to make a spine label for each of them with the subject name in a nice font. Then the front cover will probably be the name of the subject in the same font with a large outline, cut out and slipped in with my schedule underneath.

I may add some patterns or something. Each of the covers and spine will match the colour of the binder and the colour of the subject in my planner (e.g. Physics is blue)

I'm just entering sixth form in a new school so I don't know exactly how my classes or timetable is going to work so I'm going to wait and see.

I made some first drafts a few days ago (On the cover I would probably add the schedule under the subject):

In case you were wondering, I use Photoshop Elements 2 (Absolutely ancient!). It works though it misses some of the tools that were added more recently. Hope this helps and just reply if you want to know anything else! I'd be happy to help :smile:
Whaaat how have I never heard of these boxes? I feel like a total amateur hahaha.

Oh that's a good idea! When are you guys moving in together?
My boyfriend and I use an app called couple, it's like a two person planner and chat service in one, it's pretty cool :smile:.

I only found them recently, I am tempted to order one but you have to order them so far in advance and I don't know where I will be living in February so I can't :frown:

We lived together at uni and now we've graduated we're both living back with our parents while we settle in to our new jobs and get a few months wages behind us. We are planning on moving in together in a few months once I have got my driving licence :smile: I'll look into that app, it sounds good but it depends on whether or not my other half would actually use it. He is useless with organisation. That's why I thought the pad will work because I'll fill it all in :P
(edited 9 years ago)
I went stationery shopping on Wednesday, only part of 'back to school' I like. I bought most of my things from The Works, they have good quality stationery, except the fine liners from Wilkinson the glue from WHSmith and the Sharpie from Poundland. I', considering whether to buy some binders from WHSmith for GCSEs..

Original post by gracecooke55
Omg I got some tooo. What are yours like?

There were page marker ones with little Russian dolls on the top, and some slightly smaller than the average post it notes that had another Russian doll and lines to write on :redface:
Original post by x-Venezia-x
That's cheap! I don't think I have seen any stationery for less than £1 in WHSmith. I am definitely going to get the a LITTLE bit more next weekend before uni as I do not have any ring-binders. :rolleyes:

They were on sale :biggrin:
I feel really ott because I'm buying almost the same amount of stationary as you guys and I'm just going into sixth form xD

Quick Reply

Latest