The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Qari
33 from 6

need to get rid of Rooney any recommendations guys?

Costa if you don't have him.

Edit: Fwiw, I've got Rooney too and will probably be keeping. I know the team looks like dog****e but they've got some nice fixtures coming up. Also, ADM has arrived so there'll be more chances created for Rooney and more players might arrive too. A lot's up in the air. I'll atleast give myself the international window to consider shipping him.
(edited 9 years ago)
Pieters (9), Begovic (6), Naismith (6) on my bench

Reply 1782
Original post by Prandtl
Costa if you don't have him.

Edit: Fwiw, I've got Rooney too and will probably be keeping. I know the team looks like dog****e but they've got some nice fixtures coming up. Also, ADM has arrived so there'll be more chances created for Rooney and more players might arrive too. A lot's up in the air. I'll atleast give myself the international window to consider shipping him.

Yh I'll see how he does on international break.

Original post by Mister Dead
Pieters (9), Begovic (6), Naismith (6) on my bench

I know how you feel I get rid of Caulker and he gets 6 points whilst the guy I replaced him with got 2 :tongue:
34 from 5 with captain still to play, a good week thus far...
Who's wildcarding?
32 points from 5 players, with 6 more coming on.

3 of my first 11 didn't play, and I doubt my other 2 players on the bench (El Mohamady and Davies) will do anything.
Original post by Isometrix
Who's wildcarding?

I am.
Reply 1787
Who's wildcarding?

not sure tbh
Who's wildcarding?

I am. :pierre:
I'm wildcarding for two reasons:

To fit in a premium defender.
To upgrade Costa to Aguero. as reliable as Costa looks, he doesn't look like he'll bag more than one goal that often, whereas Aguero's potential is explosive.
Guys do you think I should sell sterling and get Di Maria?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1791
I'm wildcarding for two reasons:

To fit in a premium defender.
To upgrade Costa to Aguero. as reliable as Costa looks, he doesn't look like he'll bag more than one goal that often, whereas Aguero's potential is explosive.

Aguero also more likely to get injured I'd wait till aftter international games
Original post by khalidpatel
Guys do you think I should sell sterling and get Di Maria?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably not. See how Sterling does tomorrow then make your choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
Aguero also more likely to get injured I'd wait till aftter international games

doesn't matter if i'm wildcarding, does it?
Reply 1794

yh but if you're wildcarding for him then it's a waste of a wildcard

that said I'm most likely going to wild card then as well :tongue:

Keep Costa for most of the international window for the price rise and add 0.1 to you total value? I'm guessing he's more likely than Aguero to rise 0.2.

Original post by Qari
yh but if you're wildcarding for him then it's a waste of a wildcard

that said I'm most likely going to wild card then as well :tongue:

Backtracking (kind of) on what I said earlier, if you do wildcard then dump Rooney for Costa. Easy total value increase.
I really don't know if I should wildcard. I have had a really good start (168 points) and I want to continue to build my team value as I haven't got a lot of value ATM and I would like to get Di Maria in. I originally planned to wait until a double gameweek at the end.
How much value can I seriously expect to gain by next week and how many points can I really gain for WCing and at DGW? Basically, should I wildcard today or save it for a DGW?
Original post by Alex Doran
I really don't know if I should wildcard. I have had a really good start (168 points) and I want to continue to build my team value as I haven't got a lot of value ATM and I would like to get Di Maria in. I originally planned to wait until a double gameweek at the end.
How much value can I seriously expect to gain by next week and how many points can I really gain for WCing and at DGW? Basically, should I wildcard today or save it for a DGW?

Save it because this season their are less price rises, the usual sites that predict price changes have been inaccurate as it seems other variables are being used to calculate them and so price rises are less frequent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Save it because this season their are less price rises, the usual sites that predict price changes have been inaccurate as it seems other variables are being used to calculate them and so price rises are less frequent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have 2 free transfers but I probably need to swap out Chambers because he will not be playing unless there is an injury for a first team player. I probably need to change Kaboul as I wouldn't be surprised if he gets dropped now that they have signed this new CB. Also I would like to change Mata to Di Maria and I think I could make the 0.7m using transfers. Having just looked at my team I realise that they are the only changes I want to make so I probably won't bother. I might as well take a 4 point hit if I do want to make the changes. Also it would probably take so much time to try and do it well, not worth the effort.
48 points with Ramsey, Sterling and Dier to play. Rooney captain fail. :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest