The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

Looool Sky sources saying we want Remy too. Looks like Wenger is looking for a striker after all, maybe just cos he's French.
Reply 6641
Original post by angelfox
Looks like we'll be signing Carvalho.

Don't make *******s statements unless you're going to provice a good source :tongue:
Carvalho - Remy (wtf happened with him today? heard chelsea, now rumours about arsenal?) - + 4th choice CB

Would be a pretty good end to the widow, remy offering something different to giroud..

Expecting only 2 of those though, 3 players on deadline day seems to much
Original post by t()m
Source ?

Lots of journos saying that he's picked us over Utd and hopeful of a deal being agreed before closing deadline day.
Reply 6645
Lots of journos saying that he's picked us over Utd and hopeful of a deal being agreed before closing deadline day.

Can I have a link to one of those journos? I just googled and only metro and goal.con saying it. All others are from 4 August when we were in for him as well as Sami khedira.
Original post by t()m
Can I have a link to one of those journos? I just googled and only metro and goal.con saying it. All others are from 4 August when we were in for him as well as Sami khedira.

See my post above :wink:
dont think it would be suprising that a layer would pick us over united - considering the state of each clubs that should go without saying, before money is taken into cosnideration..

But that is meaningless as united may offer more money, or may make an offer at all - compared to arsenal who god knows what we will do.. probably nothing.
Reply 6648

Messi Minutes also tweeted that Falcao was happening

Also that ESPN article pretty much states nothing either
Please take points off City please.

Reckon you'll win hopefully. Need City to be playing catchup with us.

Also lol at United.
Reply 6650
See my post above :wink:

yeah cheers i must have been typing as you posted it :smile: how reliable is that guy on twitter ... I don't usually get into all the twitter gossip...

I really hope its true but I won't get my hopes up..
1) why have we waited so long, yes sporting dropped asking price but that was reported awhile ago, was it for CL ?
2) what to stop utd coming in and doing a chelsea on us and offering more money etc... they are getting depressed, and we all know wenger doesn't usually raise his prices.

I want a DM, I prioritise this over a ST.
Original post by AR_95
Messi Minutes also tweeted that Falcao was happening

Also that ESPN article pretty much states nothing either

If you read it, the journalist who's reliable states that Carvalho is the preferred move.
This Remy link is an odd one. We've had all summer to sign him or anyone for that matter, suggesting that we've gone in half arsed with with offer for Remy at the last minute to almost look like we are interested, but in reality are only doing so the appease the fanbase.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by t()m
yeah cheers i must have been typing as you posted it :smile: how reliable is that guy on twitter ... I don't usually get into all the twitter gossip...

I really hope its true but I won't get my hopes up..
1) why have we waited so long, yes sporting dropped asking price but that was reported awhile ago, was it for CL ?
2) what to stop utd coming in and doing a chelsea on us and offering more money etc... they are getting depressed, and we all know wenger doesn't usually raise his prices.

I want a DM, I prioritise this over a ST.

He's considered reliable.

Carvalho is partially owned by a third party agent which has caused an issue, and his agent is Jorge Mendes (a super agent), and he doesn't really deal with Arsenal.

Carvalho looks like he's got his heart set on Arsenal. Chelsea don't need him.
Original post by Peggles_*
This Remy link is an odd one. We've had all summer to sign him or anyone for that matter, suggesting that we've gone in half arsed with with offer for Remy at the last minute to almost look like we are interested, but in reality are only doing so the appease the fanbase.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbf though I think Wenger never really wanted a 'proper' striker, he's probably just gone in for Remy now cos of Giroud's injury hence why we didn't go in for him all summer, he's thought about it now.

Oh and also just found this:

"The reason we've waited until now to sign Remy is because his release clause has three levels:
CL clubs: £8m
Top 6: £11m

Others: £15m"
(edited 9 years ago)
Looks like the PL title race will be between three clubs only
Reply 6656
Original post by shawn_o1
Looks like the PL title race will be between three clubs only

2 unless you count pool who have just as much chance as us

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chel$ki, us, City and with a lot of luck Liverpool all have a shot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6658
Arsenal could be closing in on the signature of Torino's Alessio Cerci after the 27-year-old forward was left out of the Italian side's squad to face Inter Milan on Sunday. (Daily Star)
The Gunners are also hoping to sign Southampton's French midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 24, having agreed to meet the player's £27m price tag. (Caught Offside)

why does the bbd even publish this stuff
£27m for Schneiderlin? Yeah no.

Someone's just sitting there in an office typing crap on their computer, laughing.

Latest