The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Team_McDreamy
i'm scared of the dark. which is ridiculous because i am a 20 year old independent adult. and if that isn't ridiculous enough - i keep wanting to go outside and wander around london late at night when i feel all mopey. which is just a recipe for disaster.

I am too :hugs: but with me it's weird, I enjoy being outside at night when there's street lamps, but anywhere indoors that's dark petrifies me :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PromptsbyDee
Not at all! You're looking at something big and scary but something incredible with lots of possibility to improve/learn/do absolutely nothing! haha!

I think the problem is that I don't know what I'm doing, it sounds ridiculous but I have a huge great long list of things I want to do but because there's not the structure there of having to go to school, however much I hated that, it's just so scary :frown:

------

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by senz72
Not bad thanks. How's life treating you as a whole?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very good :smile:.

My life is generally okay. It's just my brain is annoying :tongue:.
Reply 1983
Original post by Team_McDreamy
i'm scared of the dark. which is ridiculous because i am a 20 year old independent adult. and if that isn't ridiculous enough - i keep wanting to go outside and wander around london late at night when i feel all mopey. which is just a recipe for disaster.

Same. I am scared of late nights but I also go out at late at night when I feel down :smile: it is comforting isn't it though? quiet and just so... awesome.
going to my mums for a week on thursday, and even though im like proper excited, im still gonna miss home, and my boyfriend.
but gahh gotta pack my "big" tops because my step dad will be all arsey about me being fat. so got sort of 3 "safe" tops i know of, not sure if i have any more, and people wonder why i live in hoodies :sigh:
but i guess its my nephews birthday, and my mums planned loads of days so i can spend loads of time with her which i love!

then the day i travel back my uni results go live online, and im SO scared for them. like really nervous. i so want to pass but scared ill fail again :s-smilie:
but on the other hand im worried ill actually do really well in my dissertation, and will be penalised because i was ill and didnt claim extenuating circs so can only get 40% in it :s-smilie:
i dunno brains confused by it all.

also still feeling ill, and im scared its not cysts this time, as im not cramping, but i dunno if its my paranoia. gahhhhh

ok so from this its clear my brain is fully broken :facepalm:
Original post by keromedic
Very good :smile:.

My life is generally okay. It's just my brain is annoying :tongue:.

Ah I see. Well let's hope it's less annoying tomorrow. Please forgive me for asking if I remember correctly you've finished year 13. Excited for uni/gap year? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
On my own in the flat tonight and kinda scared :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by .snowflake.
anyone else afflicted with ibs in here?

Yes. It's linked to my anxiety too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
Yes. It's linked to my anxiety too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i struggle to tell whats my anxiety and what's (possibly) ibs. If the whole 'feeling like someones making balloon animals with my insides' feeling would sod off, I might be able to get more than 4 hours sleep...
anyone else afflicted with ibs in here?

Yeah, it's a bugger
Original post by lauraaaaa
Yeah, it's a bugger

oh god. all of my anxiety friends have it too -huggggging-
I had the worst dream. It wasnt even scary, it just dealt with things I hadnt yet processed properly.

I really want to relapse and I just... ugh.

I'm still home alone so I'm just going to sit in bed all day, eat cereal bars, cry and watch films.

fml.

It gets worse with anxiety but also causes anxiety idk haha

It's the worst! It flares up when I go on holiday or away from home :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rosasaurr
I had the worst dream. It wasnt even scary, it just dealt with things I hadnt yet processed properly.

I really want to relapse and I just... ugh.

I'm still home alone so I'm just going to sit in bed all day, eat cereal bars, cry and watch films.

fml.

:hugs: Stay strong, and watch comforting films!
Original post by senz72
Ah I see. Well let's hope it's less annoying tomorrow. Please forgive me for asking if I remember correctly you've finished year 13. Excited for uni/gap year? :smile:

Not particularly. I'm neutral.
Are you excited for the coming year?
Reading old messages from people you miss is not a good idea. Why do I always do this?
Quite a nice article written by someone with PTSD who took up running - thought some people on here might be able to relate. :smile:
Original post by superwolf
Quite a nice article written by someone with PTSD who took up running - thought some people on here might be able to relate. :smile:

Haven't read the article but I have seen what you might call more unorthodox experimental treatments of therapy resistant PTSD involving MDMA assisted therapy if you wanted more food for thought.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alexs2602
Haven't read the article but I have seen what you might call more unorthodox experimental treatments of therapy resistant PTSD involving MDMA assisted therapy if you wanted more food for thought.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't have PTSD myself but that still sounds interesting. :smile: It's weird how many recreational drugs have potential therapeutic qualities - makes me want to be a guinea pig myself. :tongue:

Latest