The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Secretnerd123
#beardgang4life

Btw whats the diff between a pathan and pashtun?

Ahah yep :wink:
Same thing, Pathan, Pashtun, Pukhtun.

Original post by QueenSI
Hehe arwww too cute. The beard defoooo but I do like stubble as well lol

Hmm stubble is ok but beards are better imo :biggrin:

If he ain't on his deen, I can't be his queen :lol:

I have to make sure hes fully practicing though because these days akhis with beards are doing god knows what lol

That's so true but I've got to improve myself loads if I want a pious husband :redface:
A lot of people think marriage will be all lovely and rosey and as soon as they get married they'll become pious, begin practising, get a beautiful and practising partner and just sort themselves out. But the truth is marriage isn't a miracle machine...people assume it sorts everything out for them. It only makes it harder..many more responsibilities and what not..that's why I think people need to have a lot of stuff on point before taking the step...it's all much harder than we think...
Original post by QueenSI
I wanna have a mosque wedding inshallah really small. I don't want the day I complete half of my deen to be full of sins. Subhanallah. And yeah walahi so kibir when they ask for thousands of pounds as if they are getting married to David Beckham and not farax who just finished uni. Lol too much . I also hate the whole qabil bullsh*t. We are ask equal ffs

As much as i used to tell myself i'm going to have a small wedding, i've come to the realisation that this idea isn't realistic at all because i have a BIG family alhamdulillah and everyone is going to expect an invite. I'm going to have the men have lunch at a mosque in the afternoon and im going to hire a hall for all my female relatives and friends to enjoy themselves. I'll also hire a female photographer and another female to record the wedding so i can keep all the haram to a minimim. I've never understood why some women have an 'only womens' wedding but when you get there there are male singers, photographers and whatnot. like what the hell lol

Original post by hugoalmeida
Kids be growing beards at 13... what about if someone's b&b "BEARDED & BALD" LOL

Thats still fine lol :colone:
Original post by Biryani007

Hmm stubble is ok but beards are better imo :biggrin:

That's so true but I've got to improve myself loads if I want a pious husband :redface:
A lot of people think marriage will be all lovely and rosey and as soon as they get married they'll become pious, begin practising, get a beautiful and practising partner and just sort themselves out. But the truth is marriage isn't a miracle machine...people assume it sorts everything out for them. It only makes it harder..many more responsibilities and what not..that's why I think people need to have a lot of stuff on point before taking the step...it's all much harder than we think...

I agree and I think family and society makes it even harder. We just need to improve improve ourselves first. Inshaallah
As much as i used to tell myself i'm going to have a small wedding, i've come to the realisation that this idea isn't realistic at all because i have a BIG family alhamdulillah and everyone is going to expect an invite. I'm going to have the men have lunch at a mosque in the afternoon and im going to hire a hall for all my female relatives and friends to enjoy themselves. I'll also hire a female photographer and another female to record the wedding so i can keep all the haram to a minimim. I've never understood why some women have an 'only womens' wedding but when you get there there are male singers, photographers and whatnot. like what the hell lol

Thats still fine lol :colone:

I don't have allot of family I'm the UK at all I have like maybe two three families. When do you think it's right to get married as in age. And where's the perfect place for you to meet your future spouse Inshaallah
Walaalayyaaal... E-warrama??? Banaanad socili ninyaho.
Original post by SophiaLDN
I personally would hide that I have a place at Uni & just annoy the school into allowing me to retake. I would pretend I don't have a place as they are more likely to offer you a place I think. Ask your fav teacher to back you up on this? Or apply for other colleges & 6th forms so you can retake. You don't sound happy with the insurance choice & I think you shouldn't just settle for the sake of going into Uni.

If you're not happy with the insurance, dont go walahi, I know way too many people who did that and ended up dropping out/ failing due to motivation & depression. Just work hard and sign up to a local college or 6th form (hurry as enrolment should be now?). Being external would be difficult seeing as you didnt get the grades the first time round, so unless you're extremely motivated & can effectively teach yourself then sure. But I would suggest you go to school to retake. Goodluck!! :smile:

depression that's mad! My sixth form said NO but It's probs because I told them i have my insurance ... ok yeah ill go to see the head of sixth form lady at the other local sixth form on monday and imply I don't have a uni place...

I'm staying in contact with my form tutor from last year as he's helped people do the same before... and he said "I'll try my best" and " start off by writing a letter from your parents to the head"when it old him about my situation.not sure if thats good lol

have you finished a levels? Thanks for speedy reply
sumaliland>somalia
Original post by QueenSI
I agree and I think family and society makes it even harder. We just need to improve improve ourselves first. Inshaallah

Definitely inshaaA.
I used to think like that before, all these daydreams about the perfect married life until I watched a video on youtube that kinda changed the way I looked at it all. I'll try and find it :colone:
Original post by Biryani007

Are they synonyms for pakistani?

I agree. I need to work on myself so much before marriage too. I always see and hear of muslim guys with sagging trousers and who just don't act like practicing muslims saying they want a nice hijabi who stays at home and then they go chasing the 'easy' girls in the meantime.
Like do they honestly believe a decent muslim girl will want them?
Original post by seveneleven
sumaliland>somalia

I'm > you :-D
Am I too young to join this marriage banter though?
:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
saw thisbon facebook just now as i haven't logged in for ages probably abit too late might aswell just post it here:

EVENT ABOUT*
Youth Empowerment Services (YES)
Presents: Somali Youth Conference

Title: What is our role in the West?

With Somali Scholars:*

Sheikh Almis Yaxye Xaaji Ibrahim Former President of International Horn University and Imam in Hargeisa.*
&*
Sheikh Omar Mohamud Isse Imam of Finsbury Park Mosque*

Free Entry
For Brothers and Sisters*

Topics: Marriage, Education, Progress and many more.*

Q&A Session.

Contact No: 077 1221 2745
Date: Sunday 31st August 2014
Time: 3pm- 7pm*
College of Advanced Studies
102-105 Whitechapel High Street
Aldgate
London, Gt. London E1 7RA

How to find us
College of Advanced Studies is located adjacent to the City of London on Whitechapel High Street and can be easily accessed from anywhere in London. The nearest underground station is Aldgate East which is served by District Line and Hammersmith and City Line
of London Underground
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by seveneleven
sumaliland>somalia

Dhulles checkin in.

Somalia ha nolaato.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QueenSI
I don't have allot of family I'm the UK at all I have like maybe two three families. When do you think it's right to get married as in age. And where's the perfect place for you to meet your future spouse Inshaallah

Haha its easy for you then. I have more family in europe (mostly in england though) and other western countries than in Somalia :eek:

I want to get married at 22/23 inshaAllah :smile: and i don't understand what you mean by perfect place as i believe in Allah's plan so i cant really decide where i'll meet him. The elder relatives say you'll meet your husband at uni but the girls on here and others i know who finished uni say thats bull :lol:

Original post by SNOOP LAYAN
Walaalayyaaal... E-warrama??? Banaanad socili ninyaho.

Lmao the latter part of your post makes no sense. Af somaaligaaga hagaaji waryaa
Are they synonyms for pakistani?

No only for the Pakistanis that speak Pashto (the ones that are originally from Afghanistan) :smile:

I agree. I need to work on myself so much before marriage too. I always see and hear of muslim guys with sagging trousers and who just don't act like practicing muslims saying they want a nice hijabi who stays at home and then they go chasing the 'easy' girls in the meantime.
Like do they honestly believe a decent muslim girl will want them?

Exactly!! Obviously it's good if they ask for forgiveness and change but to delay it knowingly and then become practising only to get a pious girl is not right at all.
That's why I want someone that's quiet and keeps themselves to themselves. They're usually the ones that have a good character and don't have a history of all sorts. Not to be picky but I'd want someone who hasn't had a crazy past like most guys...obviously everyone slips up here and there but no rebel for me :lol:
The guys that have been with loads of girls will always have memories of them and it's all a bit awkward imo :redface:
Original post by missfats
I will edit it later :sexface:
This society was founded by 'Sephorina' on the '26th November 2007' 'and is a continuation of the the original page (The Somali Society) after reaching the maximum post limit. We are a vibrant community and accepting to members from all different backgrounds. Members can expect to partake in casual banter and to have fun. We talk about practically everything from day to day problems to celebrating each others achievements. We are a family and all are welcome to join. Let the banter continue!
*offers xalwo and shaah*

Posted from TSR Mobile

:sexface:
Original post by Lil08

Pakistani checking in.

ma fi antahay boo? aniga adaan koo miss garayaay. Adiga na?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lil08

Are you sephorina in disguise? :eek:
Haha its easy for you then. I have more family in europe (mostly in england though) and other western countries than in Somalia :eek:

I want to get married at 22/23 inshaAllah :smile: and i don't understand what you mean by perfect place as i believe in Allah's plan so i cant really decide where i'll meet him. The elder relatives say you'll meet your husband at uni but the girls on here and others i know who finished uni say thats bull :lol:

Lmao the latter part of your post makes no sense. Af somaaligaaga hagaaji waryaa

Ma fahmin walaal... my afsomaliga wey dimtay... kas-saar banaanad mesha.
Original post by SNOOP LAYAN
Ma fahmin walaal... my afsomaliga wey dimtay... kas-saar banaanad mesha.

Ma ee fahmin *
my afsomali wa dimtay *

What the hell is banaanad?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest