The Student Room Group

Universities and Social Media

Hi everyone, I've got a couple of questions and if you could answer them that would be really great! The questions are aimed at 16 and 17 year olds. This is for my work placement at a university.

Why do you use social media?

What social media platforms do you use and why?

Which platform is your favourite?

What content on social media do you find engaging?

How do you get the news (tv/newspaper/ect)?

Where does social media rank as a place to consume information (on any topic)?

What are your impressions of university in general?

Would you consider researching a university that advertised on social media or not?

If a university used social media to advertise, what would be the most effective way of doing this (informal/slang/ect?)

Thank you very much.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by HarrietGilbraith
Hi everyone, I've got a couple of questions and if you could answer them that would be really great! The questions are aimed at 16 and 17 year olds.

Would you consider researching a university that advertised on social media or not?
If a university used social media to advertise, what would be the most effective way of doing this (informal/slang/ect?)

Thank you very much. This is for my work placement ( at a uni)

Facebook and Twitter. Facebook is to "stalk" friends. Twitter is to intereact with people online and see what is going on with the world and get latest updates.

Dad tells me in the morning when i come downstairs. :laugh: But also via Twitter and Metro (online)

Yes.

Just to have tweets about the uni and course. Images of around the uni an examples of work (for example show reel if animation course)
Thank you very much! This has been very helpful for my research :smile:
Can anyone else contribute?
Hi everyone, I've got a couple of questions and if you could answer them that would be really great! The questions are aimed at 16 and 17 year olds.

Thank you very much. This is for my work placement ( at a uni)

Instagram for amazing effects and platform. News from online newspaper. uni is great. Did research uni via social media. If using social media, it is key to be fun, entertaining.

Please help out with my survey about automobile https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/L657R9Q. thanks!
Thank you very much! I've just done your survey too.
It would be very helpful if some more people could respond. My work placement ends in a week. Thank you if you've already answered, it's very helpful for me :smile:
Reply 7
Hi everyone, I've got a couple of questions and if you could answer them that would be really great! The questions are aimed at 16 and 17 year olds. This is for my work placement at a university.

Thank you very much.

1) I use social media to talk to my friends, meet new people and see what people have been up to.
2) Instagram - I am very much a picture person and prefer to look at pictures rather than text. Also Facebook as everyone has it and is easy to talk to people in group chats etc.
3) Instagram
4)Pictures, videos and short statuses
5)TV and online
6) Pretty low
7) Really fun, easy to meet new people and loads of independance
8) Yes
9) I think slang language may come across slightly unprofessional, however informal language would be a really good way, also pictures of the logo and campus.
Original post by El_42
1) I use social media to talk to my friends, meet new people and see what people have been up to.
2) Instagram - I am very much a picture person and prefer to look at pictures rather than text. Also Facebook as everyone has it and is easy to talk to people in group chats etc.
3) Instagram
4)Pictures, videos and short statuses
5)TV and online
6) Pretty low
7) Really fun, easy to meet new people and loads of independance
8) Yes
9) I think slang language may come across slightly unprofessional, however informal language would be a really good way, also pictures of the logo and campus.

Thank you!
Reply 9

Thank you very much.

Hi Harriet, I have answered all of these in a private message to you :smile:
It would be very helpful if some more people could respond. My work placement ends in a week. Thank you if you've already answered, it's very helpful for me :smile:

Why do you use social media? To catch up on latest gossip, see how people are doing and interact with them.

What social media platforms do you use and why? Facebook & Instagram

Which platform is your favourite? Instagram, it's better to just go through pics instead of reading so much irrelevant stuff online

What content on social media do you find engaging? The gossip

How do you get the news (tv/newspaper/ect)? Newspaper, Internet and TV

Where does social media rank as a place to consume information (on any topic)? Low

What are your impressions of university in general? It can either influence you to WANT to work hard or not. Not for everybody.

Would you consider researching a university that advertised on social media or not? No I would not. I don't like to mix certain aspects of my life with social media.

If a university used social media to advertise, what would be the most effective way of doing this (informal/slang/ect?) informal and showing REAL views and experiences of current students so that people can relate and know what their getting into

Hope I answered these correctly...Could you please do mine: https://greenwichuniversity.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_darnh5Duvq1OoEB if it asks for a SONA ID please put in any random word or number.
Original post by misslissa
Why do you use social media? To catch up on latest gossip, see how people are doing and interact with them.

What social media platforms do you use and why? Facebook & Instagram

Which platform is your favourite? Instagram, it's better to just go through pics instead of reading so much irrelevant stuff online

What content on social media do you find engaging? The gossip

How do you get the news (tv/newspaper/ect)? Newspaper, Internet and TV

Where does social media rank as a place to consume information (on any topic)? Low

What are your impressions of university in general? It can either influence you to WANT to work hard or not. Not for everybody.

Would you consider researching a university that advertised on social media or not? No I would not. I don't like to mix certain aspects of my life with social media.

If a university used social media to advertise, what would be the most effective way of doing this (informal/slang/ect?) informal and showing REAL views and experiences of current students so that people can relate and know what their getting into

Hope I answered these correctly...Could you please do mine: https://greenwichuniversity.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_darnh5Duvq1OoEB if it asks for a SONA ID please put in any random word or number.

Sorry, I'm not eighteen so I can't.
Thank you very much to everyone who helped me on this survey! It's been very helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending