The Student Room Group

A2 Psychology AQA 2015

I know this is quite early, but then again I thought why not. A post for A2 Psychology.

How are you guys feeling about starting A2 Psychology? What are your expected and aspirational target grades?

Feel free to share notes or anything in general, we can all help each other out throughout the year :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Is this spec A or B?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by work95
I know this is quite early, but then again I thought why not. A post for A2 Psychology.

How are you guys feeling about starting A2 Psychology? What are your expected and aspirational target grades?

Feel free to share notes or anything in general, we can all help each other out throughout the year :smile:

Hey :smile:

I'm excited about starting A2 Psychology coz you get to learn more interesting things. I got a B at AS so I'll be aiming for an A* hopefully or an A realistically lol

Btw what spec is it ?? Hopefully it's spec A
heyy i'm doing AQA Psy A - I've read through some of the notes, but argh i don't know what grade i'll get for A2 since my performance is inconsistent... But I got an A for AS so hopefully i can get an A*/A in A2 ;D
I am doing a2 psychology this year spec B
Original post by iloveteddy14
I am doing a2 psychology this year spec B

Me too!
What did you get at AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Same here, spec B
I got a B hehe, hoping to realistically get an A after A2. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an A in AS and really want an A* in this subject. There's a hell load of essay writing which I'm not looking forward to :frown:
I haven't done as yet just I am doing both as and a2 together in one year

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not too bad if you make sure you start preparing for the exam early so you're familiar with all the names (there is a lot to learn!) I'd also advise getting used to the essay style as soon as possible so you can practice a lot over the year. You can download some model answers for pretty cheap on the internet I think (that's what I did and I got A*). Stuff like this is great once you know what topics you are doing:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Psychology-Three-Model-Answers-Advice-ebook/dp/B00N5VBKCS/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1409486591&sr=1-10&keywords=psychology+revision+unit+three

Best of luck!
Reply 10
I'm doing Spec A.

I got a B in AS, I'm hoping to somehow get an A* this year (a lot of work I know)
It'd be really good if we could continue this throughout the year to the exam time and share notes and have discussions to keep us motivated :smile:
I'm doing spec A and I got an A in AS :smile: :smile:

What topics are you doing for PSY3 and PSY4
I think we are doing Relationships, Eating Disorders and I'm not to sure what the other one is
Heyyyyy
Doing Psych A
My topics for A2 I think are relationships, aggression, eating disorders
Www.aqapsychology.webs.com great site, good luck guys
Hi :smile:
I'm doing AQA A, Unit 3: Biological rhythms and sleep, Aggression, and Intelligence and learning
Unit 4: Schizophrenia, and the psychology of addictive behaviour
Reply 15
Hey nice to see people are still posting :smile:

I think we're doing Relationships and Aggression for sure and for Unit 4 Schizophrenia, Media and Research methods.

When are you all planning to start revising? and which books are you using?
Reply 16
Hey guys! I'm doing AQA A :smile:

Managed to achieve a 'B' at AS, with 2 marks off an A, so hoping for an 'A' at A2 overall!

My teachers haven't told us yet whichever topics we're going to do :frown:

Nevertheless, I can't wait to start Psychology. It's the last year of Sixth Form and we can all do this! :biggrin:
I got an A in AQA A at AS

My topics are biological rhythms & sleep, aggression, eating behaviour, schizophrenia, addiction and of course research methods (which I hate!)

I've just ordered the complete companion book aswell :smile:
Reply 18
We're not too sure on our topics too, hopefully within the first week of Sixth Form we'll know.

When do you all guys go back?
Original post by work95
Hey nice to see people are still posting :smile:

I think we're doing Relationships and Aggression for sure and for Unit 4 Schizophrenia, Media and Research methods.

When are you all planning to start revising? and which books are you using?

Well I always PLAN to start revising immediately but that never works out :colondollar: Hopefully this year will be different though.

I think our A2 textbook is white and blue, can't remember who its by. I'll also be using a 'myrevisionnotes' revision guide by Jean-Marc Lawton, which I think is great for giving a general overview of topics..
I'll also try using Saj Devshi's model answers, and probably borrow The Complete Companion book from one of my friends.

:mad: Psychology is one of those subjects where there isn't just a one stop guide (not to my knowledge anyway) so you have to accumulate from a million different places lol. Really hoping for an A* as well.

Original post by work95
We're not too sure on our topics too, hopefully within the first week of Sixth Form we'll know.

When do you all guys go back?

My school starts this Thursday, which is weird. Might as well just start next week Monday haha
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending