The Student Room Group

Thought I'd escaped my ex - I was wrong...

I dated my ex for a year and a half when I started university. We had a nasty break up which involved (childishly) trying to get back at each other for nearly a year. I met my current boyfriend about 6 months after all this ended, and things have never been better. We're now considering moving in together.

I graduated uni and was glad that I'd never run into my ex or his new girlfriend ever again (they started dating around a month after we broke up, and he openly admitted to us both she was initially a rebound - for obvious reasons, she doesn't exactly love me).

On Facebook this morning I've just seen that they are both moving back to our uni town so she can start her PGCE. The same town that I'm moving to, to be with my boyfriend. The town isn't exactly huge, so it's highly likely that we'll run into each other. She's also on the same PGCE as me :'(.

WILL I EVER ESCAPE THEM?!. Eugh.

(I guess this is less of a question, more just a rant. Please keep anon as he is on here.)
Yolo! Who cares they're just people they won't bite! Don't move town because of two people. So what at the end of the day who cares what they think!
Why do you still have them on Facebook if your desire is to 'escape them', anyways? :lolwut:
Reply 3
Original post by Freudian Slip
Why do you still have them on Facebook if your desire is to 'escape them', anyways? :lolwut:

I don't have either of them on Facebook, something came up on my news feed after a mutual friend commented on it, and someone who is friends with both of them on Facebook confirmed it for me.
Original post by Anonymous
I don't have either of them on Facebook, something came up on my news feed after a mutual friend commented on it, and someone who is friends with both of them on Facebook confirmed it for me.

Fair enough.

I guess all you can do is ignore them and try and keep things civil if you do have to interact with this girl during the course of your PGCE. :grin:
Reply 5
Become Best Friends with her - Best Revenge.
Original post by Anonymous
I dated my ex for a year and a half when I started university. We had a nasty break up which involved (childishly) trying to get back at each other for nearly a year. I met my current boyfriend about 6 months after all this ended, and things have never been better. We're now considering moving in together.

I graduated uni and was glad that I'd never run into my ex or his new girlfriend ever again (they started dating around a month after we broke up, and he openly admitted to us both she was initially a rebound - for obvious reasons, she doesn't exactly love me).

On Facebook this morning I've just seen that they are both moving back to our uni town so she can start her PGCE. The same town that I'm moving to, to be with my boyfriend. The town isn't exactly huge, so it's highly likely that we'll run into each other. She's also on the same PGCE as me :'(.

WILL I EVER ESCAPE THEM?!. Eugh.

(I guess this is less of a question, more just a rant. Please keep anon as he is on here.)

Don't try to ignore them just don't talk to them much.

If they talk to you just reply back with small talk or something. Demonstrate that you no longer care about your childish past with the guy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending