The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

I loved that one.

But omg, NEXT WEEK! :biggrin: :woo: :rave:
Reply 3581
Original post by Maid Marian
I loved that one.

But omg, NEXT WEEK! :biggrin: :woo: :rave:

I bet you've been waiting ever since you started watching Doctor Who for a Robin Who episode :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by alpen
I bet you've been waiting ever since you started watching Doctor Who for a Robin Who episode :lol:

Hehehe, I hope they do it justice, I'm so excited :excited:
I quite liked it yesterday.

Into the Dalek, seems to be a good children's playground or interactive exhibit, don't you think? I wouldn't be surprised to see it in a theme park one day.
Reply 3584
Original post by Maid Marian
Hehehe, I hope they do it justice, I'm so excited :excited:

Fingers crossed they do! I enjoyed this weeks episode, reminded me a bit of the episode ''Dalek'' with the ninth doctor, but I could definitely tell that before dalek was healed, it was going to turn back to its usual hatred state as soon as it was healed (probably just used the doctor to repair itself).

I don't think that's the last we've seen of rusty!
Original post by ChildInDisguise
Ooh it's going to get really interesting! That's true! It's like what syrettd said too as the Dalek said "your a good Dalek" instead. It just proves how prejudiced he is as he isn't so different to them, but he's full of such hatred for them.
I don't actually like it that the doctor is darker. I think it's an interesting way to explore him but in my eyes the doctor is supposed to be a good man. I knew though from the 50th anniversary he was supposed to be the angry doctor. All he had was a second but from his one look you can tell he's different from the others. O.O

BTW, what happened to Gallifrey? They finished that whole thing with the time Lords coming back and suddenly it's like that never happened? Gah. It's being lazy.
I wish Doctor who was more simple. I have an awful memory so when episodes link back to many episodes previously, there is no way I can remember. :frown: if they're going to continue something, they should atleast put it in the next episode. Instead of creating new ideas all the time. So when they continue an old idea I'm like TF? What is he on about?

Interesting indeed, and the 'you're a good Dalek' line was so subtle, they didn't pay much attention to it. I think the "darker" persona comes about randomly through a regeneration and his past, he did seemingly wipe out most of the Daleks and Time Lords in the war, so he's had blood on his hands.. but now that it didn't take place and it was all rewritten, I'm left confused, why does he seem angrier but has sort of rectified his biggest mistakes. It'll probably be explained later on in the series and will likely tie in with all the loose ends, what happened to Gallifrey etc. They haven't said much at all of what happened between the 50th anniversary and the start of this series.

It is getting overly complicated now despite only two episodes, series 5 seemed so much simpler, but Robin Hood next week:wizard:
(edited 9 years ago)
Would not be surprised (although would be extremely disappointed and pissed off) if Rusty turns up with Vastra, Jenny and Strax at some point.
Reply 3587
Original post by syrettd
Would not be surprised (although would be extremely disappointed and pissed off) if Rusty turns up with Vastra, Jenny and Strax at some point.

Would love Rusty to become an enemy again (but a massive villain rather than a simple dalek), would hate him joining the vastra, jenny and strax coup though
Original post by alpen
Would love Rusty to become an enemy again (but a massive villain rather than a simple dalek), would hate him joining the vastra, jenny and strax coup though

Would get Rusty tattooed on my forehead, surrounded by hearts, if he exterminated Vastra, Jenny and Strax.
Reply 3589
Original post by syrettd
Would get Rusty tattooed on my forehead, surrounded by hearts, if he exterminated Vastra, Jenny and Strax.

Haha I'd join you :cool: (awkward moment when we regret this in a few months or so)

Tbh I think rusty has the potential to be a great villain, why? because he's seen into the Doctors mind, I can't remember many daleks doing that in the past although I may have forgotten something.
Original post by alpen
Haha I'd join you :cool: (awkward moment when we regret this in a few months or so)

Tbh I think rusty has the potential to be a great villain, why? because he's seen into the Doctors mind, I can't remember many daleks doing that in the past although I may have forgotten something.

I'll just keep a fringe for the rest of my life. At least we'll have amazing conversation starters :tongue:

That's actually a really good point. I don't know how they could bring him back, but if they did this would be a really interesting angle for them to take. Who knows what Rusty could have seen in there? They might have to think of a more menacing name than Rusty though!
Reply 3591
Original post by syrettd
I'll just keep a fringe for the rest of my life. At least we'll have amazing conversation starters :tongue:

That's actually a really good point. I don't know how they could bring him back, but if they did this would be a really interesting angle for them to take. Who knows what Rusty could have seen in there? They might have to think of a more menacing name than Rusty though!

Haha ''Where did you get that?'' in response ''have you seen doctor who? :redface:''

You know what I find interesting is it could be a plot by the daleks all along, deliberately damage rusty to then gather information and memories the doctor has had, probably to create a timelord dalek or something freaky :tongue:

I like the name its simple, imagine if rusty turn bad as is about to destroy the world then capaldi just says ''Oh no rusty, I thought we used to be friends!'' :lol:
Original post by alpen
Haha ''Where did you get that?'' in response ''have you seen doctor who? :redface:''

You know what I find interesting is it could be a plot by the daleks all along, deliberately damage rusty to then gather information and memories the doctor has had, probably to create a timelord dalek or something freaky :tongue:

I like the name its simple, imagine if rusty turn bad as is about to destroy the world then capaldi just says ''Oh no rusty, I thought we used to be friends!'' :lol:

That could be good, though how the daleks would get Rusty to cooperate is tricky. They'd have to block Rusty's 'happy' memories, and then get access to the Doctor's mind without it influencing Rusty, or any of them, into being good/killing each other.

I can totally imagine Capaldi going 'Come on Rusty, you used to be cool' :biggrin: this needs to happen now!
Loved loved loved it. A Dalek episode that actually did something original with the whole idea?! Ace.

As for Doctor hating soldiers - that isn't new. He hates guns, violence, and only works with soldiers when he absolutely has to. It was no more extreme in that episode than before. And showing Danny Pink weeping over things that happened when he was a solider is hardly anti-military, is it?! I don't even see why this is an issue tbh.

Also, Journey Blue (Zawe Ashton) is my godsister :awesome:
Original post by Feefifofum
Loved loved loved it. A Dalek episode that actually did something original with the whole idea?! Ace.

As for Doctor hating soldiers - that isn't new. He hates guns, violence, and only works with soldiers when he absolutely has to. It was no more extreme in that episode than before. And showing Danny Pink weeping over things that happened when he was a solider is hardly anti-military, is it?! I don't even see why this is an issue tbh.

Also, Journey Blue (Zawe Ashton) is my godsister :awesome:

Yeah, I think some people (on other websites!) are overreacting about the Doctor's hating on soldiers. I remember a few times he's shown a dislike, one of the more recent ones that springs to mind being when Martha joined UNIT. I seem to recall he wasn't too happy about that.

You know Zawe Ashton? Tell her to get her butt back to filming Fresh Meat :tongue:
Original post by Dalek1099
I forgot about when the Doctor said "crying was for civilians" could definitely have used that in my Ofcom complaint that the episode was insensitive and prejudiced about soldiers.The whole episode seemed to attack the whole idea of soldiers in a completely one sided way.I thought the episode was brilliant though(much better than the appalling Asylum of the Daleks0 and this is Capaldi's best episode(I have seen some leaked ones) Capaldi seems to be a bit hit and miss.

Really? The doctor has always been anti-soldier - the concept of soldiers goes against what he wants to be.

Besides, bar the doctors dislike of soldiers, there wasn't anything really anti-soldier in the episode. Danny looks like he could be a really interesting character - I got the impression he was supposed to be suffering from PTSD and struggling to adapt to civilian life and living with what he's done. If anything, it's the set up pf a character supposed to do the complete opposite of spread prejudice against soldiers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It reminded me of the Star Trek TNG episode "I Borg" when the Enterprise found an injured Borg drone and made it better and then in later episodes, it leads a Borg revolt.

The Star Trek OS episode, "Assignment: Earth", the character Gary Seven used a pen like device as a remote control and communications device and the Sonic screwdriver appeared in Dr Who several weeks after with similar functions.
Original post by syrettd
Yeah, I think some people (on other websites!) are overreacting about the Doctor's hating on soldiers. I remember a few times he's shown a dislike, one of the more recent ones that springs to mind being when Martha joined UNIT. I seem to recall he wasn't too happy about that.

You know Zawe Ashton? Tell her to get her butt back to filming Fresh Meat :tongue:

Sadly we haven't met since we were kids :p:
Loved the episode. Interesting that we see the doctor save the soldier girl just before she died by wrapping his tardis around her. I think is what missy is doing when she greets people in ''heaven'' when they ''die'', suggesting that she is a timelord or at least has a tardis :p:
Original post by Farseer
Loved the episode. Interesting that we see the doctor save the soldier girl just before she died by wrapping his tardis around her. I think is what missy is doing when she greets people in ''heaven'' when they ''die'', suggesting that she is a timelord or at least has a tardis :p:

Can't be - we saw the half faced man impaled on the weather vane.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending