The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6660
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
£27m for Schneiderlin? Yeah no.

Someone's just sitting there in an office typing crap on their computer, laughing.

I would pay around 20m for sneidi tbh no more then 25 though

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think anyone would put in a performance like he did (against West Ham) and then suddenly say "Right, I'm leaving"
Original post by AR_95
I would pay around 20m for sneidi tbh no more then 25 though

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think he's worth around the £18m spot? I'd go no more than £23m tbh.
Certain clubs have become the epitome as to why certain players have become overplayed for.

Original post by shawn_o1
I don't think anyone would put in a performance like he did (against West Ham) and then suddenly say "Right, I'm leaving"

Agreed, but it's from the Star so what would you expect? Some chap working for them would quite happily go "Cristiano Ronaldo due to have medical at Arsenal on Monday after gunners reach £450m release clause."
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

Agreed, but it's from the Star so what would you expect? Some chap working for them would quite happily go "Cristiano Ronaldo due to have medical at Arsenal on Monday after gunners reach £450m release clause."

Ronaldo's buy out clause is actually €1 billion allegedly. But maybe if he was in the last year of his contract and refused to renew they might let him go for cheaper.

wont happen anyway. ever. Arsene is too much of a pussy to talk to Mendez and would rather toss some French kids salad.
Oh just realised, Wenger is going to persist with 4-1-4-1. Don't hold your breath guys. He's just trying to find a way to get the best out of Wilshere, even if it means shunting Ozil out wide. You'd think that Ozil saying he plays better on the right than the left you would get Ozil to the right to cut in a bit but Wenger gonna Wenger. Shudders at the thought of using an actual winger on the left side of midfield.
Ornstein saying we haven't actually met Remy's release clause but are in conversation with QPR about rivalling CFC for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just dont get how with no excuses you failed to sign one of: Rabiot, Song, Bender, Khedira, Schneiderlin, Gustavo, Carvalho.
not even a single one of them. when you had the money too.

WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON?!

Rabiot went to Roma FFS. Roma. for £12m. WTF.

Song went to West Ham. Come on. Song would be great option.

This whole persisting with the boy wonder Jack and trying to fit him in the midfield will be the downfall of you.

Ornstein:
#AFC have dropped Remy interest. Enquired but no longer pursuing. Currently not close to any signings before deadline #QPR #CFC #bbcfootball :rofl:
(edited 9 years ago)
We've dropped interest in Remy now according to Ornstein. I'm very glad

Original post by barneystin
I just dont get how with no excuses you failed to sign one of: Rabiot, Song, Bender, Khedira, Schneiderlin, Gustavo, Carvalho.
not even a single one of them. when you had the money too.

WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON?!

Rabiot went to Roma FFS. Roma. for £12m. WTF.

Song went to West Ham. Come on. Song would be great option.

This whole persisting with the boy wonder Jack and trying to fit him in the midfield will be the downfall of you.

My advice to you is to judge at the end of the window. Don't get caught in the hype
Original post by sevchenko

My advice to you is to judge at the end of the window. Don't get caught in the hype

but this is not new to arsenal fans. it is not surprising at all. how many years now has it been you've been crying for a DMF.

cue monday night football the clueless Carragher telling Wenger he needs some steel in midfield.
Original post by barneystin
but this is not new to arsenal fans. it is not surprising at all. how many years now has it been you've been crying for a DMF.

cue monday night football the clueless Carragher telling Wenger he needs some steel in midfield.

You speak as if Wenger hasn't tried to secure a top DMF. I don't know what's going to happen in the next couple of hours but let's wait a see what he does. Arsenal's window can go from a 6 to a 9 in the space of 24 hours. It's not an ideal way to do business but I ain't the manager.
The club are not going to go to their mouthpiece Ornstein and tell him we are in deep conversations with possibly targets, not yet at least. When there is no chance of us ****ing it up, I would expect him to know about it and then inform everyone.

So Remy may have been a smokescreen whilst we do other business in the shape of Reid/Sokratis, Carvalho and a big move.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We're not getting a striker. Wenger is too stubborn for that.
Original post by jam278
Oh just realised, Wenger is going to persist with 4-1-4-1. Don't hold your breath guys. He's just trying to find a way to get the best out of Wilshere, even if it means shunting Ozil out wide. You'd think that Ozil saying he plays better on the right than the left you would get Ozil to the right to cut in a bit but Wenger gonna Wenger. Shudders at the thought of using an actual winger on the left side of midfield.

I highly doubt we'll play 4-1-4-1 when Walcott is back, because he always starts and you'd have to drop one of Sanchez/Ozil, which I doubt he'll do.

For now we may play it with one of Walcott or Sanchez (or even Campbell/Sanogo/Podolski) as the main striker.

Giroud
Sanchez - Ozil - Walcott
Arteta - Ramsey
Gibbs - Koscielny - Mertesacker - Debuchy
Szczesny

is clearly our best line up when everyone is fit.
Reply 6673
Original post by Pete_91
I highly doubt we'll play 4-1-4-1 when Walcott is back, because he always starts and you'd have to drop one of Sanchez/Ozil, which I doubt he'll do.

For now we may play it with one of Walcott or Sanchez (or even Campbell/Sanogo/Podolski) as the main striker.

Giroud
Sanchez - Ozil - Walcott
Arteta - Ramsey
Gibbs - Koscielny - Mertesacker - Debuchy
Szczesny

is clearly our best line up when everyone is fit.

Lots of people including my self have been saying they're excited to go with this set up but I have the feeling Wenger won't be playing Walcott over Cazorla
thread is very quiet 1 hour before match time?
very positive hearing wenger talk about campbell.. really seems to view him as part of his future plans..

Just want to see him given a bit of game time now,
Reply 6676
Original post by fallen_acorns
thread is very quiet 1 hour before match time?

it's a small game tbf
I think we've gone back to 4-2-3-1. Jack isn't in the team.

I'm calling calling it early Sanogo to get 30 goals this season
Szczesny,
Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal,
Flamini, Ramsey,
Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis,
Sanogo
Reply 6679
No jack. Be interesting to see if wenger brings him on.

Latest