The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Sterling is so good. A year or so off from Hazard-calibre.
Original post by Deshi
Could be 4/5-0 up. Decision making been sub-par in the last 10

i agree
spurs have really been let off today
as somebody mentioned above, only about half of our team has played well, yet we're still destroying them.
sterling in particular has been great with his runs, but his end product/decision making has been meh

arsenal to drop points would just cap off the perfect weekend.
Original post by Nichrome
Liverpool back to their old tricks of getting total bull**** penalties. Referees getting off to a good start this season to achieve their objectives on engineering a Liverpool win.

Man U fans still angry that Young didn't get his? :rolleyes:
Original post by Lúcio
i agree
spurs have really been let off today
as somebody mentioned above, only about half of our team has played well, yet we're still destroying them.
sterling in particular has been great with his runs, but his end product/decision making has been meh

arsenal to drop points would just cap off the perfect weekend.

We won't be dropping points today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Made in Tyrone
Man U fans still angry that Young didn't get his? :rolleyes:

isn't he a Chelsea fan?
2nd time the sky commentator got Luis Enrique confused with Jose Enrique? one in the 1st half...
Reply 1366
Original post by mr tim
2nd time the sky commentator got Luis Enrique confused with Jose Enrique? one in the 1st half...

they were saying Luis Enrique in the Man City game too. Maybe it's his real name?
3-0, can't complain.
A win for BR's 100th game in charge. 56 now. Same as Bill Shankly!
Original post by Mr Pink
We won't be dropping points today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you better hope so or i'll be quoting you later :colone:

3-0 away, great result especially considering how spurs seem to have improved under their new manager.
tbh, i have seldom seen a top half team so ineffective against out defence
we weren't amazing defensively but they had so little opportunity to score
Reply 1370
Good result. Some players are clearly not back to their best after pre-season and we still need to work on communication in defence but we'll get there. Scored 12 in our last 3 matches against Tottenham without conceding.
I guess we're becoming Spurs' bogey team!

3 games with three different Spurs managers and still its 12-0 in aggregate :colondollar:

Generally good performance, we could've scored 6 or 7 imo although we almost gifted a few goals too.
Original post by mr tim
A win for BR's 100th game in charge. 56 now. Same as Bill Shankly!

And Benitez apparently.
Original post by Yawn-er
Sterling is so good. A year or so off from Hazard-calibre.

Been as good as Eden from January onwards.

Hazard's top gear is probably higher than Raheem's but it'll come with age, Raheem is four years younger.
Original post by Lúcio

3-0 away, great result especially considering how spurs seem to have improved under their new manager.

As is shown by the fact that our last clean sheet in the BPL was when we won 4-0 against Spurs last season :s-smilie:. We really need to improve defensively.
hehe told you it would be 3-0.

We have too much for most teams in the league.

Much better performance today compared to Soton, mainly because of Raheem being central I think. And the fullbacks were better. Having no Johnson is so satisfying.
Original post by Lúcio

Don't want to put a downer on anything but that's not true. Lovren's mistake to allow Adebayor through - he should've scored.

And another mistake, Mignolet again saving us.

But apart from that it was okay. Delighted with the result. Lovren-Sakho will only get better as time goes on.
6 points in the 1st 3 games. The loss was away to Man City. Southampton wasn't a comfortable win. I'll take that. WHL hasn't been our great place to go for a few seasons up until last season.

Moreno and Lovren has been great signings so far. Sterling rightly so MOTM and great to see Enrique back, although it was only for 5 mins - gives us options at LB. Flanagan is also due to return to training during the internationals too.

Sakho was a bit shaky I guess at defence and in the 1st half we could have conceded after the 1st goal. Plus with 3 of the 4 players we signed this summer, and the other one last summer, it's pretty much a new back 4. A clean sheet too with is great.

Great that we have been patient with Moreno, waited and refused to pay the asking price, eventually paying less than our valuation.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zerforax
I guess we're becoming Spurs' bogey team!

3 games with three different Spurs managers and still its 12-0 in aggregate :colondollar:

Generally good performance, we could've scored 6 or 7 imo although we almost gifted a few goals too.

5-0, 4-0, 3-0
we're declining zerf! :frown:

Original post by tomtjl
As is shown by the fact that our last clean sheet in the BPL was when we won 4-0 against Spurs last season :s-smilie:. We really need to improve defensively.

exactly - great to have a CS today, and i think with lovren we'll have a fair few more this season
but the disparity in quality between sakho and skrtel was painfully obvious today.

Original post by Samiz
Don't want to put a downer on anything but that's not true. Lovren's mistake to allow Adebayor through - he should've scored.

And another mistake, Mignolet again saving us.

But apart from that it was okay. Delighted with the result. Lovren-Sakho will only get better as time goes on.

considering the circumstances though?
spurs are at home after thrashing QPR 4-0
i would say we were lucky at times, but they had 2 clear chances to score in an entire 90 minutes of football at home.
Original post by mr tim
6 points in the 1st 3 games. The loss was away to Man City. Southampton wasn't a comfortable win. I'll take that. WHL hasn't been our great place to go for a few seasons up until last season.

i think considering our opening games, we should be one of the happiest set of fans in the entire league
2 away games to top 6 opposition already done with and we're still level with city anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest