The Student Room Group

Would you date someone with the same name as an ex?

I have a coffee date next week with someone who I've been speaking to but he has the same name as an ex. He's a little clingy but we'll see how it goes plus I've always wanted to date someone who is a little clingy (I might regret saying that)

Anyway would you date someone with the same name as an ex? At least you couldn't call them by the wrong name!

Scroll to see replies

I did one better and married someone whose dad has similar name to my ex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Yes (but not someone who was clingy). To be honest, it would help me out a lot right now- my current boyfriend bares a resemblance to an ex from a few years ago and I've nearly called him the wrong name so many times! And it doesn't help that I'm sometimes in contact with that ex, so my boyfriend would be super pissed at me.

It did slip out once, but luckily I managed to disguise it as a sarcastic scream :redface:
Reply 3
Yeah why the hell not... It's only a name and unless she was called like Paul or something I don't really care ahah
I am lol
Well at least you don't have to worry about calling the wrong name out during sex...
Original post by Carpe Vinum
I am lol

Awkward
Original post by keromedic
Awkward

Meh, the ex was a looong time ago so I don't find it awkward at all really.
Yes, my partner has the same name as my ex. They even have the same initials. It was a bit confusing for people to start with, but it's just a coincidence, it's nothing to feel awkward about.
Original post by kayleighisonfire
I have a coffee date next week with someone who I've been speaking to but he has the same name as an ex. He's a little clingy but we'll see how it goes plus I've always wanted to date someone who is a little clingy (I might regret saying that)

Anyway would you date someone with the same name as an ex? At least you couldn't call them by the wrong name!

Why not? Exempt from all the hassle when you call your current with the name of your ex then she goes on about how I still fascinate my ex.

Then I spend the night telling her it was just a mistake instead of feeling satisfied

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Duplicated post

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah though if I break up with my partner, he'll be my only ex and he has an unique name so I'll be surprised if I run into another one by his name lol. I have liked 3 Craigs, however none of them liked me enough to go out with me and become my ex :tongue:
Don't see why not.
Reply 13
Sure, why not.
Reply 14
Reply 15
I went out with three girls in a row who all had the same name. Two even had the same surname.
Original post by Clip
I went out with three girls in a row who all had the same name. Two even had the same surname.

I'm sure there's a joke somewhere here.
Reply 17
Original post by Marky Mark

Yeahhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Marky Mark

It made it very easy with not mistakenly calling them by the names of ex-girlfriends.
Not if his name was Peter File. Anything ells then I wouldn't see a problem.

Quick Reply

Latest